Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Krafting" it up ....

Yeah, yeah I know..........

It's kinda been a while eh? 

Things have been sooooo crazy here!! No seriously!!  Even more so than usual!!!!  The kids are now out of school for the summer so maybe I can get a free moment.....yeah right!!!  Jacob is on the football team and that means 2 a day practices......and Matt and Brandon will both start summer school next week.  I'm sure Matt will be thrilled to get back to his routine, altho I must say he is doing surprisingly well!!!  Brandon on the other hand......he's not looking forward to it so much!  He passed 5th grade by the skin of his teeth and the school and I agreed that summer school might be a good idea!  He is moving on to middle school and I am really worried that unless he starts to apply himself he is going to be hopelessly lost.  But I can't do it for him, he will just have to find out for himself!

I finally had the MRI done and have an appointment to see another doctor next week.  The MRI is showing that I have a disc just above my fusion that is shot and compressing a nerve against my spinal cord......here we go again!!!!  So I have basically been trying to stay active and not think about it.  I haven't been crafting much, partly due to pain and discomfort, but mostly I have been just plain busy!     And then there were the boogers and gremlins that made it impossible to comment on blogger.........not to mention my lack of scrappy mojo. 

I was down in my basement room the other day.......that is STILL not  a scrap room.......seems that you actually have to do a little more than wish it done.....who knew?????? But I came across a batch of photos I had packed away and moved down there.  I found some of Jacob and Jesse from the fall and decided to play around and scrap them. 

My layout is loosely based on this sketch from Inspired Blueprints.
And the June challenge at Kraft It Up is to use Kraft anywhere on the layout (which is a given.....that's why they call the site KRAFT IT UP after all!!) and to create a timeline of sorts....either visually with a series of photos or an actual timeline in the traditional sense.  I was tickled I managed to use 4 photos on a layout because I am typically a one 1photo layout kinda girl :)

Here is my combined challenge layout....


I have some Jillibean Soup on there, Pebbles,Crate Paper, Basic Grey Bloomers,.and I really don't know the manufacturer of the kraft flowers, I received them as an RAK during NSD weekend, some Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, and Bazzill scalloped card stock.

I wasn't sure where I was going with the sketch but this is how it turned out......that's what ya get when you try to scrap from memory....lol.

Hopefully it won't be so long before my next blog update!!! I have really missed my bloggie friends and scrapping!  I have had to rely on retail therapy rather than scrap therapy to keep me sane and let me tell ya....that was getting expensive.....lol.  I'm seeing lots of awesome challenges out there that I really want to play along with this month sooo keep your fingers crossed for me :):):)

Today is gonna be a big day for me......I am breaking down and cutting my waist length hair!!!!!  Summers in the south and long hair are just miserable......and there is an event here called Sundown In The City in downtown Knoxville, that we are going to tonight....every other week or so there is a concert on the square....tonight it'ds Johnny Lang!!!! And better than that....it's FREE!!!!!! So I'm looking forward to a great time....even in the 90 heat......lol.

As always, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit and comment......it really makes my day!!!

Hugs!!
Tina


6 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

I was just thinking of you and wondering if things were going ok. I hope things get better for you soon! At least you felt up to scrapping... You did a great job!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Adam has to do a summer math program... can't wait for the attitude to follow... lol... I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo!!! Soooooooooooooo gorgeous! I loveeeeeee those photos and the jillibean alphas on there!! And I can't wait to see the new hair! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sandi said...

This looks great! You were able to use many pics very well! :)

Fern said...

Hi Tina... been thinking about you.. Sure hope they can do something for your back!! Love your layout!! Great papers and embellies! And look at you, you got 3 photos scrapped... good for you!!! Take card!!! Hugs!!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, I love everything about this layout. The colors, embellies, and title are fabulous and the pics are so cute and really do show a timeline story - awesome job!
Still sendin' up prayers for pain relief for you ((hugs)). Teresa

Cathy said...

Fantastic LO Tina.. love the colours and design and your fun pics!! Thanks for playing along at KIU :))