Saturday, June 25, 2011

TPV's Summer challenge

Hello and Happy Saturday!

It's been a fairly quiet day here til a couple of hours ago when my 15 year old came home....do those of you with more than one child find that the noise/drama level is always jacked up a few notches when you get them in the same room?  Well, I have that problem :)  I swear, I have never even heard teenage girls carry on like this!  Luckily they are each going to spend the day with a friend tomorrow.....ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Peace and quiet!!! And hopefully some more scrap projects will be completed.  I have no clue where this month has gone, but it has flown by!  Nothing like leaving those challenges til the last week of the month huh? 

Therapy is killing me.  I go Tuesdays and Thursdays and I think it will take me til Tuesday, at the least, to recover.  They have me doing strengthening exercises for the weakness in my arm.  And I feel it in my arm,my back, my neck.....lol.  I did rows with therabands, and lots of other things......about an hours worth I guess.  And then they put me in traction......this device that basically pulls your head and neck away from your body....it looked very much like a torture device but once I got past the fear, it wasn't that bad.  It is supposed to decompress my vertebrae and HOPEFULLY allow the disc to slip back into place.  It/s one of those times when there is a very fine line between feeling good and hurting....and who knows, maybe I will gain an inch or two in heaight....lol.

Anyhow.....

I wanna share a real quick layout today.  I have already thrown this up on my facebook so if this is a repeat...sorry....come back tomorrow when I have another one to share (and I do,.....honestly!!)  TPV has a fun challenge going on right now......Summertime!  Just scrap something summery :)  Easy enough this time of year right???  I found some older photos of Jesse when he was a week itty bitty thing.  About 2 :) And this picture is just the cutest.....and I'd say that even if he wasn't my kiddo....lol.  I used a pretty basic layout scheme.......and the oh so adorable Playtime Collection from my fave scrappy folks in the whole wide world over at Echo Park!!! 
Aren't those colors yummy???  I also used some American Crafts solid cardstock for the journailing and border. I hand cut the clouds and faux stitched with a blue gel pen to make em pop a bit....I can't find my glue dots to save my life and I refuse to buy more...because the scrappers law says if I buy new ones  the old ones will turn up.  It's not like they won't get used.......it's the principle of it all.....lol.  I need to seriously get organized.  My craft space looks like a disaster zone...sighh! 

Yeah I know...rambling.....again :)

I also decided to play around a bit and add a teeny bit of color to the journal strips with Pebbles Chalk.  See?

It's just a light wash of color but it looks really cool in person....so you are invited to come over and see :) The banner was cut from one of the papers in the collection and these little butterflies are courtesy of Mommy Holly.....I won a gift certificate to her ETSY shop and went absolutely nuts over some of the goodies she has.  I don't have a butterfly punch....I'm probably one of the few remaining souls who doesn't!  She has lots of great tags and punches and her prices are incredible!!! And her packaging.....TO DIE FOR!!!  Very impressed, and I will definitely order from her in the future.  Go check her out :)  http://www.mommyholly.etsy.com

Thanks for taking a moment to visit with me today! I have another layout lined up for tomorrow that is totally out of my comfort zone but I think it turned out incredible.  It's nice to have the mojo flowing again!!!

Enjoy your Sunday!
Tina

5 comments:

Teresa Jaye said...

oh my goodness, this layout is awesome! That picture of little Jesse is so adorable and perfectly placed in your layout. I have this EP line but haven't busted into it yet - thanks for the inspiration!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that page!!!! I loveeeeeeeee the photo... reminds me of "Kilroy" lol... and loving the banners and butterflies!! Hoping therapy gets easier soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

artfuldelight said...

WOW, this LO is awesome!! LOVE it all including the chalk on the journaling. :-)

Mel said...

Wow, that is really cute! Love the photo, and you did a great job highlighting it! Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

Kelly Massman said...

too cute!!!
hope you feel better soon