Friday, July 1, 2011

Ahhh the joys of being the parent of a teenager.........

For those of you who DON'T have teenagers.......I highly recommend them because they are way better than google.  Why?

Because they THINK they know everything!!!!!

My 15 year old has been giving me fits the past few weeks.  He's a good kid, but his head seems to be buried in his rectum , therefore causing him to have a really crappy outlook on life.  We have finally reached that fork in the road where everything wrong in his entire life is my fault.  Actually it is more of a feeble attempt to make me feel a ton of mommy guilt and let him do whatever he wants.  Because he is 15 he thinks he is grown and knows it all.

Little does he realize that many, many teens before him have traveled this rocky road to Independence.  Including yours truly. And I am still young enough to remember it all....I got thru i and he will too...but under my rules....HA!!

Ok, enough of my ranting:)  Did you happen to catch Echo Park's I Spy yesterday??? They featured this layout I created using EP's Playground!!!
And yeah, there is yet another banner....lol.  And I just had to add the sweet heart stickers included in EP's kit to the tree.....adorable! I love that EP included soooo many goodies in their kits! And I always love the elements and stickers....I use so many of them that they are the first thing I run out of.

I created this layout for the latest challenge over at The Paper Variety, which so happens to be a sketch challenge. Here is the sketch, and for once you will see I stayed pretty true to the original.
Great sketch huh? I expect there to be MANY awesome entries in this one!!! And did you know that TPV now has a Facebook page? Yup! Go look! There is a giveaway going on over there right now for some awesome goodies!!!

I'm also entering the Following challenges"
Up next is one I created for my pal Julie's Fave Things Challenge.  And I missed the deadline :( And I am going to TRY to hit this months challenge because this month is the last month for Fave Thing...Wahhhhhhh!!!!  I never get to play there as often as I'd like but I am so sad to see it go.  It's such a wonderful blog and I love browsing the tremendous talent over there.  So please try to join in on this last month and let Julie go out with a bang!!!

Last months prompt was Fave Artist.  And my page was actually inspired by a friend on Facebook......lol.  She and i went to high school together and I'm not sure what she was thinking....I'm probably better off not knowing......lol. She was browsing thru my facebook photo albums and saw a lot of my scrapbook layouts and she said to me, "Wow, I didn't know you were the the Artsy Crafty type!!!!

Gee......what type did she have me pegged for??? lol.  So that has actually become a running joke around here.....Bob is always taking little jabs at me by saying "Pretty good considering I didn't take you for the artsy, crafty sort".

And I really do believe that our scrap pages are a form of art an expression of ourselves.  Which is why I love it so.  Therefore my fave artist is ALL of my scrappy friends!! I have way too many scrappy crushes to list them all.....lol.
I started with a Pebbles base and then stamped it with a grid stamp from American Crafts......one of my $2 finds from Big Lots....WOOOT!!! I used CTMH ink and all of the other papers are MME....some from Quite Contrary and others from some random collection of theirs that I can't remember. The die cut note paper is from Making Memories, the bakers twin attached to the taggie AND the taggie were both RAK'd to me from The Hydranga Hippo, I used alphas from Thickers (the brown ones are canvas and chipboard) and Cosmo Crickets Tiny Type, Flowers from my stash except my rolled roses , which I made in honor of all of the rolling Ms Julie has been doing lately......lol.  I just took some of the backside of one of the prints I used and tore it into a circle to get more of the distressed look then after I glue dotted it (yes!! I found ALL of my adhesives!!!) I dipped the tops in brown ink....as well as inked the edges of everything on the page. And last but not least, the little beaded dragonfly was made by my bloggie friend Celeste aka Touched by a Butterfly :):):) Wanna see it up close???
Sooooo cute!! She sells these in her ETSY shop super cheap!!! And I have held on to mine for months now and FINALLY got to use one!!!! LOL Seriously....go check her out and become a follower....not only is she super sweet and generous....if you are a blog candy whore then her blog is where you need to be cuz she posts Soooooooooooooooo many awesome candies on her blog daily......or almost daily :) 

Yes I am almost done, I promise! Jesse is buggin the daylights out of me...."I'm hungry!!!"
Yeah, the kid only ate an hour ago.......he eats like this ALL day long and is super skinny....UGH!!! Not fair!!!

I'm joining in the following challenges with this last page:

If The Shoe Fits Scrap It War of the Roses
Let's Get Peachy: Recipe Challenge....Use at least 4 of the following "ingredients" :
Use a Punch
Ink Everything (Did that!!)

Use Ribbon
Use Baker's Twine or String(Did that!!)
Use Flowers (Did that!)
Use BLING!!!
Use Distressing technique (did that on rolled roses)
Use Buttons
Do some Tearing (did that on rolled roses too...tore my spirals rather than cutting them)
Use Paint or Mist


There ya have it! I'm still in spring cleaning mode (yeah I know it's actually summer) and if my pain level doesn't get any worse than it is right now I should be able to get something accomplished! I'm working on a page that I hope I get finished before tomorrow night and I think I may crank out a couple of cards, just cuz ....

Enjoy the start of an awesome 3 day weekend for those of you in the states! Elsewhere...I hope you have an equally awesome weekend full of fun  relaxation!

Hugs n stuff
T




9 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Both Los are great and I concur on the teenage boy thing!

K-E Kreations said...

Just wait til they drive & disappear for hours not answering their phone - "you knew where I was". After losing driving privileges and going back to mom driving him, it did get a little better, but he does still have moments where I don't know anything. :-)

Suzy said...

Sorry to hear about your teen troubles, Teena! Great layout, though. I love EP Playground. Congrats on being featured. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge this week at The Paper Variety! :)
-Suzanne

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL LOL LOL!! Adam knows it all too!! I loveeeeeeee that GOOGLE reference!!! lol!! And I Love love love love your lo's! I am LOVING that artsy one for fave things! Thank you soooooooooooo much for your kind words about FAVE THINGS... you are sooooooooooooo sweet! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Teresa Jaye said...

um- you're not just an artsy & craftsy type, you are an AWESOME artsy & craftsy type!
I love your take on the TPV sketch and congrats on the EP pick!

NGCARDS said...

lovely summery project hun! Thanks for joining in with our Summer theme over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Celeste said...

Love your layout.... the dragon fly looks sooo pretty on there . Thank you for the love.

Celeste said...

Hey Tina head on over to my store I showcased you on my store.
http://touchedbyabutterfly.com/store/?page_id=486

Peachy Laura said...

Tina Great job on the layouts! Thanks for entering our contest and best of luck!!