Saturday, July 30, 2011

Guess Who????????

WOW! I have certainly been away a while.  I have just been really under the weather and not able to scrap.........my neck finally got the better of me so I took a break to try to let it heal and in the end I caved in and had a steroid injection.  Luckily this one wasn't nearly as scary as the one I had several years back.  I'm not 100% yet , and I do suspect I will have to have another round or two of the injections before I am all good again....but for now I am seeing quite an improvement!!!

So that means I am struggling to get back in the swing of blog land :)  I am so far behind I know I will never catch up with my blog roll.......so forgive me for not commenting on your lovely creations and happenings. I'll try to be better about it....that is if I can stay off of Facebook......if you have a facebook gimme a holler..I need more neighbors in Gardens of Time......lol.  

So while I cruised around a bit today and found a couple of sketches to jump start my mojo.  Not sure I did it effectively,but it is what it is :)

So first up I have a layout loosely based on a Sketchy Thursdays Sketch from a week or so back.  Sketches in Thyme has part 2 of an "anything goes as long as its a sketch) challenge.......
Please keep in mind I DID say loosely!!!!!!
I used some American Crafts, Echo Park "Playground", Pebbles Chalk, Embroidery Floss, Fiskars Scalloped Circle punch, and Glitter Mist.

I hand stitched the sun rays and added mist AND chalk to play up the sunshine and more chalk on the clouds.
Oh and pop dots!!!  :)

Next I have one based on Creative Scrappers Sketch #165

I don't know if you can see the distressing on the photo or not......just in case here is the photo....
I did that in Paint Shop Pro 10 by adding a photo overlay and playing around with the opacity until I was happy with it.  I also took the photo all by myself :):)  I can't take the credit for the growing of the rose tho...I kill everything I try to grow!

The paper on this one is October Afternoon.  Photo is matted with a scrap that I THINK Is Sassafras Lass. And the bits and layers are K and Co. Letters are Thickers and something or other I was RAK'd with no packaging (but I LOVE these little letters!!) and some flowers I was also RAK'd.  The journal card is a Paper Whimsy thingie from Sassafras Lass.  I thew some paint on the layout and kinda dry brushed it but my bottom layer pretty much covers all of the brush work.  
The paint is a sample from Ace Hardware of what I am going to use in my craft room :):)  It's a creamy ivory/light yellow, buttery color.  My accents are going to be this color blue of the thickers and red :):)
And where you see the little bar code?  Its the label strip of the paper......I also used it to layer my bottom layer. No waste!!!!


I have a few sketches saved so as long as I am feeling up to it I am gonna SCRAP! SCRAP! SCRAP!!!

Thanks for looking and thanks for  being my friends :) 
Luv ya!
Tina

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee these girl! LOVING the clouds on the first one and loveeeeeeeeee that wood grain in the second one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

karenw said...

These are so very, very excellent (is that too much?? oh well!!) Lovin the colours on the first and the second is just dreamy.
Hope your back keeps improving, fingers crossed, glad to have you back n the world of bloggers but have been keeping up with you on facebook at least. hugs xx

tiffany said...

wow- you've been busy! love the LOs you've created, Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Jinny Newlin said...

Beautiful work! LOVE that distressed photograph! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!