Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lasting Memories "recycle" challenge

Hey y'all!!

I'm in a bit of a rush so I promise to come back a bit later and share more with you.  I have been scrapping nd card making ALL DAY! Feels great!!! I have completed lots of projects, only a couple I can share right now tho unfortunately.  Do y'all know how that kills me? It's like having a secret that you are dying to tell someone.....lol.

So, Lasting Moments Layout Challenge Blog 's current challenge is to use something recycled on your scrapbook page.  Personally, like many of you, I do this all the time! I save packaging, envelopes, tags, the manufacturer strips from paper......and many other things that I just can't remember right now cuz I am trying to get this post finished.....lol.  I don't wanna miss posting to this challenge and Bob has had my computer ALL DAY!!! (grumble!!!!)

I'm still not sure how I feel about this layout......it's not quite living up to the picture in my head that I had before I started.
First let me say the color on this is off....I put Brandon to work last night coloring in the Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alpha leftovers with a white American Crafts marker.  For whatever reason it is looking pink to me.....NOTTT Pink!!! :) That is my recycled bit!!  All my papers aer also Jillibean Soups....Spotted owl Collection I think......except for the Bazzill cardstock used for matting and the Pebbles strip from Little Buddy.I'm not sure where the ribbon is from but it was gifted to me and I just adore it.  I also used a fiskers scalloped circle punch to punch the owl out and make the ribbon/medallion thingy. And i had a booger of a time getting it to all stay together......you have no clue how many stupid glue dots I have on that one thing alone....lol. Not sure about the Black alpha, I bought it at Big Lots and have long since lost the packaging, and the smaller alphas are from Echo Park's Playground. Even tho it looks like it is missing the "L" in the word "look" is there I promise....it's just hidden by the ribbon and I am re4ally too lazy to take another photo at this point.......but at least I'm honest about it.....my laziness that is......lol.

And the pic is my son Brandon a couple of weeks ago on his 11th birthday :):)  He's holding his freebie cake we got at the grocery courtesy of our stores "kids club" promotion......they send coupons and such every month for free things for kids, fruit, yogurt, a deli cookie or cupcake.......this was called a "just for me" birthday cake......it's about the size of a slice of cake and has a ton of frosting on it....seriously, the stuff was about 2 inches thick...but what kid is gonna complain about that??? LOL. 

Ok......I have a card to share later.....maybe more...OH!! I have photos too!!!!  So I will try to make it back a bit later to post all of that fun stuff :)

Toodles and hope you are having a great weekend!!
T

10 comments:

Michele F. said...

Well whether it's pink or white... it matches the color of the wall in the picture... so you have to leave it. :-) Great layout! And such a good recycling idea. Thanks for playing with us at Lasting Memories!!!

Ashley said...

What a great layout! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

~Ashley
LM DT member

Maggie said...

oooh I luv how you use the alphas...

Don't forget to add this layout and others for our viewers to discover your blog at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Sue said...

Wonderful layout as usual Tina. You always have such great detail on your pages. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

glassgraffitix2 said...

Love your recycling and your LO! I'm guessing the wall is not pink either. Sometimes the colors are not true but you get to see the real thing. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee this!! Those alphas are AWESOME!! WOW WOW WOW!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sharon said...

ohhhh this is wondeful!!! love the whole look, and your details, and colors are just perfect!!!! :)

tiffany said...

love how you did the alphas- I;m like you, I recycle on almost every LO, just can't bear to throw things away!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lasting Memories! =)Tiffany

Kelly Massman said...

too cute!

KateB said...

the more I look at the cute owls, the more I need to go buy some cute owl paper..and your handwriting is super cute on the card! btw, I too have a teen who thinks she knows it all but trust and beleive, the Evil Queen (that would be ME) knows how to keep her in check and when her outlook gets real crappy, we have punishments in place..I have to remind her that our house is a ME-ocracy and that there is no "I" in "team." Get your crown girl and let em know who's always the boss!LOL