Sunday, July 3, 2011

Scrapbook Challenges Seasons Of Change "Hop On" and a couple of cards

Happy Sunday!

A rather uneventful day here. I am trying to blog my way thru an intense chocolate craving so bare with me. I may get snarky.....lol.  It's been pretty quiet here today actually.  Steven spent the night with a friend and they went to Cherokee NC today and spent all day wandering the shops.....grrrrrrr! I would LOVE to have went along!!! Jacob was out making a little spending money, which of course, he immediately spent.  BUT at least he spent it on clothes...so I'm not going to complain a lot  :)  And all I have done today is sleep and scrap!

When I went to take some pix of my projects I found the CUTEST pix on my camera!!! I couldn't find my large SD card so I had to settle for what I could come up with.....and just look at these...taken earlier in the year of Jacob and Jesse napping together on the couch.....awwwww :)
How adorable!!!!! And how did I ever forget I had them??? Yup, these will be scrapped in the very near future :)

And this  past week Jesse lost a tooth!!!  He is already hard at work wiggling the next loose one.....we, will be lucky if he doesn't pull out every tooth in his head because the tooth fairy left him $3.  Must e inflation cuz I remember being lucky to get a quarter!!!
I have no clue why he looks like something just bit him on the butt......lol.

Ok, I have 3 projects to share with you :)  I made a couple of cards even...something I haven't done in a long time!!!

First one is actually for a sketch challenge at Got Sketch? The sketch is so cute!!!  When I seen it I knew I would try it!!!  I stayed true to the sketch more or less but this would be adorable flipped too!!
I chose to create a Birthday Card using Jillibean Soups Spotted Owl Soup since I already had it out when creating the LO for Lasting Moments "Recycle" challenge.
I also used scraps Pebbles "Little Buddy" and the tickers are from Echo Park. Base is from American Crafts and ribbon from my stash.  And yeah....that's my crappy handwriting.....lol.

This one is just for my own amusement.  I fell absolutely in love with this little bit from Echo Park's Playground......and this card is tiny.....just 4 x 4.  Perfect for a quick hello or thank you note or even for using as a gift tag.
Base is American Crafts, the green cardstock is Bazzill , the little flower card is Echo Park, stamp from Stampabilities (yeah I know...I stamped something...wooo hoooo.....lol)  ink is Tsukineko's archival brilliance pigment ink in rocket red. I think I may sew some buttons to the center of the flowers, but I still think this little card is cute, cute, cute!!!

Some of you may know that Scrapbook Challenges is having a whopper of a blog hop this holiday weekend.  If you haven't checked it out yet you really oughta! Prizes are involved!!!! Does that get your attention?  They are also giving away a special RAK to someone who joins this weekend! So if you AREN'T a member of their great scrapbooking community you can find them here......and if you sigh up tell them you heard about em from lil ol me and we could both be winners :)

In addition to the blog hop they have this sketch challenge......I am just crazy about banners right now and I have been really waiting for the right time to scrap these photos......I have had this collection (4rth/DC) from Reminisce for quite a while and couldn't figure out where I had put it....lol.  I hide things from myself ALL the time and it just irritates the crap out of me!!!  I think it was fate that helped me find it this weekend of all weekends!!!! And what better collection to scrap a couple of photos from Jacobs NJROTC awards banquet a couple of months ago :):):)  First the sketch.....
And here is Jacob and one of his buddies after the ceremony posing with their awards :)
That banner was SO fun to put together!!!  I used a bazillion glue dots and foam squares to get the dimension I wanted.
I just LOVE it!!!!  The blue and whit stars pattern I punched with my fiskars triangle punch.  I'm tellin ya, this is probably the best investment I have ever made. I use it ALL the time for making banners.  And I know I am by no means a trend expert, but it's looking like banners are gonna be big again this next season...yayyyyyyyy!!!  The others I hand cut, simply by using my cutter to cut strips then chopping them into rectangles and cutting the "V" notch.  All of those stickers are in the kit.....and I am crazy for stickers! I have a hard time stopping myself once I get started using them....lol.

I'll be taking tomorrow off to spend with my family.  I hope everyone has a safe and happy July 4rth!!!

T






25 comments:

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Great works! I love the work on the banner and the colors very apt for your photo. =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee those photos and loving loving loving the cards and the lo... I am LOVING the stars on your lo and the banner on that first card! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Alison said...

Love your LO....the banner was well worth the effort!

Julie H said...

I love the detail that has gone into your banner! Totally awesome!

Allison Coldren said...

WOW! I love the layered banner - I might even jump on the banner band wagon with this idea! Thanks!

Mrs. Walrath said...

Great LO! I love the patriotic theme.

Pam said...

Wow! I love the banner - really beautiful!

Jessica said...

Great colors and use of banner! So glad you played along.

Natalie Jane said...

Oooh LOVE your LO :) :) Thanks for playing along with SC!!! :) xoxoxox

Carmen said...

Great take on the sketch! Love your layout!!!

Donna said...

Lovley patriotic theme and a fantastic banner

Marlene said...

Gorgeous cards and layouts - though that doesn't surprise me a bit.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. Much appreciated.

dlwidder said...

Great take on the sketch! I love your banner w/the stars. Beautiful work! TFS

Kelly Massman said...

Love the cards and the layout is GREAT!

yvette said...

It is a great layout, lots going on and very strong, and it just all works so well.

Alyssa said...

Oh, I love this page! So vibrant.

Nicolle Kramer said...

Very festive layout! Love your banner..:)

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Hi! Love your blog!I found you through the blog hop! I am a new follower! I would love it if you would follow back and become my newest follower!
Thanks!

Kirsten
www.mushkiloves.blogspot.com

Bev said...

amazing layout... with great take on sketch and fabulous colour combo.. thanks for playing along.

Dinah said...

great take on the sketch!

Stephanie said...

what great creations, Tina! Love the owls and the Echo Park. Hope you survived the chocolate craving :)

WillieburgScrapper said...

Teena thank you so much for swinging by my blog today! I really appreciate it. The pages here are fantastic! LOOOOVE what you did with the stars and banners on the ROTC page- that is GORGEOUS! The happy birthday card is fantastic too!

Ilene said...

Fun pics and those cards are so adorable!! And that LO is amazing...what a great idea to use 4th of July pps for a pic like this - brilliant!

kim c said...

what a cool layout! thanks for linking with Paper Issues

Samantha Sibbet said...

love the sleeping photos, doesn't get much cuter than that!! For the Pebbles giveaway, be sure to leave a comment at the Pebbles blog, friday's post!!