Sunday, August 7, 2011

Creative Scrappers #167

Happy Sunday!

Just trying to keep cool here today.  Haven't been real productive this weekend, I am trying to enjoy the last few days of summer break with the kids and we are trying to get schedules ironed out and school stuff ready to go.......school starts here next Monday.....I promise to contain my enthusiasm.

(party at my house!!!!!!!! :):)  WOOOOOOT!!!!)

Speaking of enthusiasm, I am so excited to let you know that I was chosen as one of top3 this past week at Lasting Memories!!! Check it out!!!




Lasting Memories
 

Aren't they the sweetest??? In case any of you are interested they have a DT call going on right now.  I'm sure being on their team would be a blast!  They have the info up on the blog right now so hop over there and check it out.  They also have a really cute sketch up for the next challenge.  I hope I have a chance to play along again this week, and I hope  you do as well.  The challenges there are so fun and everyone is super nice!!
Today's layout was posted a few days ago on Facebook....so some of you may have seen it.  I used Creative Scrappers sketch #167.  I'm trying to do all of the sketches this month because they have a killer prize from Crop Chocolate.....you know how much I love chocolate...even the scrappy kind!!!
I rarely scrap myself but I decided that a new hairdo was scrap worthy.....lol.  This is the shortest my hair has been since about the age of five.  I love it for summer....especially since it has filled in a  bit and I can actually do something with it now.  And of course, now the growing it out again is back on.....lol.  I may make this a summer tradition :)
I chose to scrap this pix with Echo Park's Splash.  I have some pix of the kids I wanted to scrap using this kit as well but I haven't printed them yet......and I was dying to crack the package open  :)  I tried to mix it up a bit and used two of the alphas included in the kit and two different sets of Thickers.  My base is AC (i love to use solid white and kraft cardstocks because I can use more of my precious kit this way!) I popped up the umbrella with some foam adhesive, and cut out the banner with a fiskars punch,
I'm also sharing this layout with these fine blogs :)
Raise The Bar: anything goes but they challenge you to do something you might not do normally.  I challenged myself to scrap my own photos (lame I know!!) and come up with a creative way to do my title, something I am trying to do more and more of to add interest to my pages.
Creative Scrappers: sketch #167

Scrappin Chics: Scrap with a banner

Craft Us Crazy : Anything Goes
And a new one I found, or at least new to me....
Blog Quick Quotes:  Use a number or numbers somewhere on your layout.  I added a 4 in the midst of my journaling in place of the word four.
I have a few projects I wanna work on tonight and hopefully can share tomorrow.  Thanks for looking and dropping by....your visits and comments are so appreciated!


16 comments:

Kristie said...

Fun take on the sketch! I love the different lettering for the title.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the shout out!! That is AWESOME!! And you know I loveeeeeeee this! :):):):):):):):):)

Michelle Granger said...

Great job on the layout and scrapping pics of yourself! Loved seeing this on the QQ blog.

**Treefrog** said...

Great layout, I'll have to check out that sketch challenge! So glad you found us and joined in over at Quick Quotes, hope to see you again!
((Hugs)) Theresa (QQ DT)

Rhonda V. said...

Yayy for the new "do"! I love that you scrapped yourself and it's a great page!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes!

Kelly Massman said...

Great new "do" and layout!

Adora Concepcion said...

Great layout and new do! :)

Adora
(QQ DT)

The Scrapbook Shop Around The Corner said...

Awesome page! I like your take of the sketch and i love the banner!

Your hair cut looks great too! Bella

thescrapbookshoparoundthecorner.blogspot.com

Jennifer Sodowsky said...

I like your take on the sketch. I really like the waves that you create..good job!

Maggie said...

luv your new do and the lo is awesome.
I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Julie said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the umbrella and especially love the wave and title!
Thanks for playing with us at QQ!
~Julie QQ DT member

Quick Quotes said...

Your banner is absolutely adorable. Thanks for playing :)
~Lisa (QQ Social Media Director)
www.blogquickquotes.com

Carlene said...

Oh wow this is just stunning!!! I love all the elements on the page and the banner is perfect!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrappin Chics!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Your layout is amazing! Love the way you put everything together!

Thank you for particpating in the Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes challenge!

Scrappin' Chics said...

A new do is a great topic to scrap! Looks great! I love your layout and the big wave! Thanks for playing at SCB... good luck!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, where have I been - how did I miss this one? It's adorable! I LOVE the paper and embellies - the color is amazing and what an awesome way to interpret the sketch.
AND - YAY for scrappin' yourself!