Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A day of many firsts....and a few scrappy pages too :)

Howdy do!! Yesterday was a big day here at rug rat ranch........FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!! And somehow we all managed to be up and at em by 6:30! A day or so of this and it will begin to kick my butt.....I have no doubt because I have gotten really used to staying up all night with the kids, and coming to bed when the sun comes up and sleeping til 10ish :)  No more lazy days!!

 And  heads up.......if I am missing inn action for several days at a time it's because I am having to run all over creation to get this massive list of school supplies they sent the kids home with.  OMG!!  What happened to the good old days when it was a trapper keeper, a bunch of those plain folders to keep notes in, paper and pencils? Now they need sticky notes, scientific calculators, 4 different binders because they need one for each class???? And Multiply this by 5 kids......good grief!!!

But to get back on track......it was a huge day and a day of many firsts :)

This is Jesse's first year flying solo.....as in no big brothers are going to the same school!!  He was a little nervous  I think!  But he will do great, he's like his mama....a social butterfly :):):)  He's in 2nd grade this year! He came home so excited that there were his 2 best friends from Kindergarten in his class and that he had the bestest teacher and the bestest day ever!!!!  I like hearing that!!!!

It was also Brandon's first day of Middle School!!  He doesn't act like he is fazed a single bit.  I'm the one that's a wreck.....lol.  He managed to get out of 5th grade by the seat of his pants and he is going to have to learn that at this level....they don't just pass you "because" You actually have to do the work and pay attention!!  So it's going to be a constant struggle and I know that I am going to have to really stay on his tail.  I'm hoping this will really help him mature and develop good study and work habits.  Actually I'd be happy if he'd just DO his work!!!! That would be a huge step in the right direction!!!!  Some kids blossom when they get to middle school and some fall flat on their faces.....let's hope he blossoms :):)

And last but not least it was Steven's first day of high school!!! You have no clue how old I feel!!!!  And he is in NJROTC like Jacob...just different periods this semester....that changes next semester tho, and I smell trouble!!! LOL.  Him and Jacob both have color guard duty this Friday at the football game.  And hopefully I will have photos of the 2 of them in uniform!!!

So enough about school....how about some layouts???? I have been scrapping!!! Just haven't had time to blog!!!

 First up is Sketchy Thursday!!!!  I have tried to play along the past 3 weeks now!!! UGH!!!! I do have the sketches saved and will use them eventually :)  But I jumped on this one this past weekend and love how it turned out :)
Papers are MME and Reminisce,  Bazzill swiss dotted card stock, and title is made from Cloud 9 Designs and Remarks.  The little cutie in the photo is Brandon when he was about 5 :)

Next is Sketches In Thyme Thursday Takes  and this fabby Sketch!!!
And my take.....
I've scrapped this photo a few times now...it's one of my faves I can't help it!!! And I LOVEEEEE this collection from MME called Abby Road.  I got it super cheap from some deal a day site I can't remember right now...:(  I created the circle around the photo from scalloped circles I punched and cut in half.  I fussy cut the circles atop of those to give a button or brad effect.....oddly enough I have a billion of both, buttons and brads, but nothing that matched.....sigh!!

It's also being linked up at The Paper Variety's Citrus Color Challenge :)

I have this next sketch but have no clue where I got it from......so forgive me for my lack of credits.  I know I saved it for a challenge but never got around to posting my page and since forgotten where it came from.
Well now I see where it was from......LOL. Oh well!!! I am in love with this page too!!!
I placed the diecut a little off kilter because of the paper pattern in the corner.  I liked it and wanted to incorporate it in my layout.   Again, more of the Abby Road kit from MME and the little hood rat on my car here is Jesse and these are actually cell photos taken thru my windshield.....lol.  I'm sharing this one as well as the previous page at Paper Issues where the theme right now is Let's Ride!!!

And that's all I have to show ya today!  I did finish up the Halloween mini I was working on but just haven't had time to photograph all of it......but it was a blast to do and it is super cute!!!! I show pix tomorrow I promise!!! 

And probably Monday I will have a pretty cool giveaway that I am super excited about!!! So please check back!!

Y'all have a good un!!!
Tina







9 comments:

~Christina~ said...

We start back at school next Tuesday and I'm dreading it! For exactly the same reason. Gone will be the days of staying up all night and sleeping the morning away :(

I LOOOOVE the layouts. The Sketchy Thursday one is my fav! LOOOVE the title on the curve. I just finished mine too hopefully I'll remember to link it up this time. The last 2 challenges I did in time and forgot to blog them. *facepalm*

As for the last one, I think the sketch says right on the bottom where it comes from? Not saying you couldn't have picked it up somewhere else, but it does show what challenge site it came from ;) LOL :)

artfuldelight said...

WOW, great LO's. Sure sounds like you have a lot going on this week. My daughter starts high school next week. I feel old too. LOL!

Karin said...

Beautiful projects. Great take on the sketch, Love the color combination.
Thanks for playing with us on Sketches in Time, hope you join us on the next challenge!
Hugs!

tiffany said...

"rug rat ranch"- i LOVE it!!! great job on all the sketches, you have been busy! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love both lo's!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your born in the USA one... VERY COOL!!! And good luck with the school stuff girl.. I am going nuts with just doing stuff for Adam!! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

kim c said...

nice layouts, especially the sketchy thursday one...and thanks for linking the Nice Ride page to paper issues. very cute.

Gretchen said...

great layouts!! you are rocking the sketches!!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, I'm lovin' all three of these layouts, girl! That circle on the "nice ride" layout is getting scrap-lifted for sure and I love, love, love the way you off-set the diecut on "Let's go" - it looks awesome like that! And of course, your pictures are super-cute!

Tassie Deb said...

Gorgeous layouts - all of them. The Sketches in Thyme sketch layout is fabulous, love the red and green colour scheme. Thanks for playing along with us

Deb xox