Friday, August 26, 2011

Loads and Loads of STUFF!!

Hello everyone.......I for one am SOOOOO glad the week is over!!!  I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend of doing nothing except creating!!!  I'm feeling the mojo......I just can't find my stuff!!!! UGH!!!

The kids did manage to make it thru the first full week of school.....without incident for the most part.  Things are almost back to normal at the high school.  It amazes me how resilient teenagers can be......I think all of us parents are still a little on edge and they act like nothing ever happened.  Or maybe it's an attention span thing, in my kids case....COULD BE!!!!

I have one photo to share with you.......the rest you will see soon in pages to come I promise!  But I wanted to show off my handsome sons in their NJROTC uniforms!!!! And seriously.....look at the look on Jacob's face!!!

That looks says "Cmon Mom!! My friends will be here any minute, take the picture already woman!!!!!"  Steven on the other hand looks happy as can be.....probably cuz he knows it's killing Jacob.  And they would NOT get any closer together......heaven forbid they actually touch or something.  I shudder at the thought!

I said I was only gonna share one but I gotta show one of Jesse's Bday party pix too.....this is hilarious!! It was just family, we had a nice little cookout and just kinda goofed off outside. And Jesse found his light sabers......
And that's Matt looking out the corner of his eyes to make sure he doesn't get tagged with it.  Jesse hasn't quite perfected the super quiet ninja skills yet....and we are all thankful!!!

Before I move along to the cards I wanna share I wanna toot my horn a bit......I was spotlighted over at The Paper Variety last week for my Halloween mini!!!!  Talk about being blown away!!!  I am always so impressed with the DT creations over there and the caliber of talent the challenges pull in is nothing short of phenomenal.  So I am truly honored!!  Thank you TPV!!!!


I was spotlighted at TPV!

And last weekend My Little Shoebox had a sooper dooper blog hop!  Did you play along?? I LOVE Hops!!! And I was a double winner!!!  YES!!! And one of my prizes actually made it here yesterday.....12 packages of wonderfully awesome MLS mini alphabets!!!! OMGosh they are my fave!!! Perfect for using for journaling.....I hate my handwriting so I love to use the little stickers. 

And I have been asked to host a giveaway here on the blog that I will let you know more about Monday!  i said that last week but got swamped with school and such. I'm pretty excited and I am hoping you guys will be too!

OK.......now on to a few cards I have to share......mostly created for fun, and the fact that my card making abilities need a LOT of help......lol.  First one I created using this sketch from OWH and Echo Park's Playground. (surprise!!! I used Echo Park......lol)

I think this one turned out really cute and Jacob swiped it to give to his girlfriend :):)

The next 2 were inspired by this weeks Moxie fab Challenge....well, they actually had SEVERAL challenges this week.  I have never felt confident enough to do a Moxie Fab challenge so I played along solo....lol.

More Echo Park yumminess.......this time Splash! And the little embellie is actually an American Crafts Remarks thingy....soooooo cute!!!! I think it goes along with the Heat Wave Collection.

And here's another one I did based on the same sketch once I realized it was supposed to be horizontal and not square.....DUH!!  But I loveee this one too :):)

Everything right down to the card stock here is American Crafts.  Paper and embellie are from heat Wave, the ribbon is salvaged from a gift :)  I drew a little border around it in a gel pen that matches the ribbon, even tho you can't really tell :)

And the sketch....
Yeahhhh I kinda went my own way....OPPS :):):)

The next one is for The Paper Variety challenge #48 the theme is travel inspired.....and for the
Creative Belli Blog: Gingham (ribbon is gingham)

This one is all MME's Abbey Road.......I LOVEEEE these papers....fun, bright and I love the feel of them too!  My mode of transportation or travel is the little motorcycle in the corner....in my imagination it's a big ol Harley cuz I am a wannabe biker chick....lol.  Ribbon is some random stash stuff in orange gingham. Looks super cute on the card!!!  And I even finished the inside but I lost my photo....grrr!!!!

I'm hoping to get a couple of layouts into my finished pile tomorrow.....there are quite a few I see that I wanna play along with this weekend :)

Everyone have a good one.....and if you in the path of Irene you are in my thoughts and prayers!! Keep safe my friends!!

Tina



6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the photos and those cards are AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Suzy said...

Great cards Teena! Love the little squares you used on your cards. Thanks for "traveling" with The Paper Variety this week! :)
-Suzy

Jamilie said...

Love your cards! Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

joy said...

Great way to meet the Creative Belli Challenge with your ribbon! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Glue Meets Paper said...

Great cards!!!

Cath said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for linking these up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)