Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sketchy Thursday 8/25 sketch

Hello my beautiful friends!!!

It's late here so I won't keep you long.  And I am bushed.......funny how doing nothing can make you so tired!  I was scrolling thru the blogroll this morning and came across a post at Crafts 4 Eternity and found out that I was chosen as one of the top three this past week!!!!

WOOOT!! My little mini album seems to have been a hit :)  It''s a great feeling to know that something you have put your heart into and worked hard on is liked by others :):)  I know that all that really matters is if I liked it.....but it was my first one and the response has been awesome and has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone more often !!

And I did that with the layout I made for Sketchy Thursdays challenge this week!!! I am so stinkin proud I am about to burst.....and those of you who don't know me won't get "why"  But you will!!!

I love,  love, love grid based layouts!!!! And this sketch is going into my "forever" file.....I love it that much and it can be interpreted so many ways. 

Anyone who has visited my blog before knows that there are time when I have a sketch to follow....even and AWESOME sketch.....something happens.  Must come from the fact that I don't really believe in directions....lol.  For some reason I was in a white space kinda mood today......and that my friends is where I stepped out of my box today and did the unthinkable......created a white space layout and then left it alone!!!!!!!! As a rule I detest white space and go to great lengths to clutter it up. 


LOVE IT!!!!!!

I came across a baggie of hearts I had cut with my cricut and some circles I punched and kinda played around and creat4ed these darling little flowers....so easy to make! I just put some adhesive on a small circle and then inked my hearts and placed them around the circle and added another circle and button to the top and TADA!!!!
And I also had saved the negative space bit the hearts came from....
I built a little cluster with a library card, some ribbon,photo of me, and the scrap........LOVE!!!!!

And added a little bit to the top corner...
I know this is a super simple layout but I am very proud of it :):):)

My background is Basic Grey White Basics, patterned papers are Sassafras Apple Jack, The ribbon was a gift, as was the library card.  The buttons are American Crafts, hearts cut with cricut and the letters are My Little Shoebox.

I'm also sharing this over at The Sisterhood of Crafters Flower Power challenge.  Ok, not  a ton of flowers but the ones that are here are too cute :)

I have been working on a Christmas project today that hopefully will be dry enough to photograph tomorrow....lol.   And I am still trying to get as many challenge pages done as I can before this month ends.......catch ya tomorrow!

Tina



14 comments:

~Christina~ said...

Okay for something you don't like to do, this is friggin FANTASTIC!!! Might just be my favorite layout of yours E.V.E.R!!!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [28 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeeeeee that photo of you, the flowers...and LOVING the white space!! You ROCK girl! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

Oh and pssst....I shared your post on my blog today :) I so LOOOVED this layout :)

Kelly Massman said...

This is gorgeous! I don't really see anything simple about it--it's just gorgeous!!! Glad to see you are back in action!

karenw said...

Wow! All I can say (ok maybe not) I am loving this Lo Tina! Who knew about the whole restraint/white space thing?? It is perfect for that very cute photo of you. Also may have to steal the heart/flower embellie, the inked edges add so much. Very cool. xx

Bekah said...

LOve the cluster...my fave part is that little bit of ribbon in the top corner- perfect touch!

Hannah said...

Beautiful LO Tina, I especially love how you've used the negative strip from the punched hearts :) Great take on the sketch :)

Mandy said...

Pretty layout! Simple & sweet!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment during the Precocious Paper Blog Hop!

corrie said...

Very cool take. I love that it is truly yours. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh my goodness, Tina - this layout is absolutely stunning! Love - LOVE - the way you layered up behind the photo. Everything about this is perfect!

Pearl said...

such a precious pic you've scrapped too here ! love how you chose to interpret the sketch ! ;)

Diane Davies said...

What a cute picture! Love the LO!Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

Veena said...

This LO is AWESOME! It's simple and I love how you transformed the cut out hearts into a beautiful flower and topped it with a button.