Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stuck sketch challenge :)

Howdy do folks!!

The countdown continues......less than a week until the kids go back to school!!!  I promise you I am way more excited about than they are....lol.  Actually the older kids are ready for school to start.  They are running out of things to keep them occupied and are getting really annoyed with the younger ones.  Seems every day there is a crisis of some sort. 

Yesterday was fairly low key......had to take Jacob to the Dr......I thought he had an ear infection and sinus issues but turns out he has a nasty bout of swimmers ear.  He has been in the pool so  much this summer that it's a wonder he hasn't grown fins and gills.  So we ran to the Dr, and to pick up his meds and then back home......not very exciting huh???  I love days like this....granted, it doesn't give me much to talk about here but it's a LOT let stress for me!!! 

I managed to do a little creating yesterday morning. I loved this sketch at Stuck this month......actually this is the bonus sketch.....but totally cute! And it was a challenge for me because I decided  to scrap it in 8 x 10 size like the sketch.  Normally I don't like this size......but this one "worked"  I dug thru and found this old photo of Steven when he was in First Grade.......and this year he will be a HS Freshman :)  Where oh where does the time go??????
See? Such a fun sketch!!!!  And my take on it....a perfect LO to do a little stash busting and use up some scraps!!


The colors are a LOT bolder than they appeared here.  We had a very sunny day yesterday and I think the sunlight kinda washed the photo out :(  Like I mentioned earlier....I got to do a little stash busting and I have scraps here from Crate Paper and MME.  The die cuts are from MME, the 1 card  is Sassafras and the alpha .......which I LOVE btw......is Colorbok :):) Opps I almost forgot....there is a touch of OA too!! And some scrap ribbon.......and all of the planets aligned perfectly and they all worked like they were meant to!  Gotta love when that happens!!!

Then last night I began work on a mini album........I had a little accordion fold square album that I have had forever......not sure how it landed in my grubby lil hands. But I wasn't thrilled with the orange floral color of it.  So I literally ripped the entire  thing apart and started from scratch and used it as the base to start all over.  I still have some tags I am putting together but I am so excited about this that I at least want to show you the front of it!!!!

So far I am in love with it!!!!  I'll share the rest in a day or so!!

Thanks for visiting with me today!  I don't know how much I will get done today.....it's such a pretty day and the temp is finally gonna be below 90 so I may get out and enjoy it and do something productive in the yard.

Y'all have a great day!!!
Tina



6 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

The layout is cute and the mini looks like it is adorable, too--can't wait for the rest!

karenw said...

Love the 8x10 Lo - haven't tried that size but seems to work well. Very cool colours. Can't wait to see the rest of the halloween minibook, lookin good!!

I am so with you about kids back at school after the summer hols - isn't the peace of the house on the first day just bliss?? xx

PS Gorgeous new face book photo!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee that lo!! ADORABLE photo and loving all the different papers you used ... and you know i loveeeeeeeeeee that mini! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Hi there Tina! You have a great style and you do a beautiful job! I believe you asked me on facebook where I blog...Facebook is forbidden here at my office but I got your comment in my mail! Thanks! I blog here:http://vartig12.blogspot.com/
Hugs!!!
Vicky

cheryl@notesfromthecrystalstairs said...

I love what you did with the ribbons on the layout, nice color combo. My kids are ready to go back to school,but like you I am more excited than they are!. Thanks for stopping by.