Tuesday, September 13, 2011

All boy!!

Hello again my friends! I have the animals locked in their cages for the night and am enjoying a little MUCH needed R & R.  It's been a whambanger of a day.....I had to referee a fight earlier about, of all things. body wash?!?!?!?  Two of my boys will not use soap.....they will go shower-less until they get body wash because soap makes them feel "icky" 

Really??? Forgive me, I thought I was raising boys!!!!!  Jacob being 16 is in to that whole image thing with Axe.....I think he thinks girls are just gonna drop at his feet because he uses it. If they smelled his feet they would drop..... but that's a subject for another time.  Lucky you :)

And Brandon wants to be Jacob altho he will deny it til the very last breath he takes.....

They both have their own bottle of Axe......and both took showers tonight and somehow they got their bottles mixed up....yeah.....fighting over which bottle is which.  Absolute craziness.......I'm wishing I had an Axe right about now!!!!

A little earlier today I was trying to rationalize not doing any housework so I decided to scrap......I mean hello!!! I make a mess when I scrap so it would be silly to clean and then scrap right??? Scary that I can go to a place in my head where that actually makes sense......lol.

I decided to give this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch a go......
But I decided I wanted to flip it around......and then got distracted and forgot what the sketch looked like. (out of printer ink) Cmon.....I know y'all have done that too!!! But if you turn your head to the side you can totally see the sketch inspo....... I knew it had strippies.....and thought "Ahhhhhh cool!! There is a Strip challenge right now at ScrapFIT'!!! So I dug thru my scraps and decided to so a little scrap busting.....and lately I am loving any kind of layout that can utilize those bits and strips that often go unloved.  My scrap budget is at ZILCH right now.......I have a cart full of goodies just waiting for me to hit CONFIRM.......but they have to wait a bit longer....sighhhhh.

So I just grabbed a background sheet and went to strippin.....hehehe......sounds so wrong!!!! BTW, mentally I am 12.....and stuff like that makes me giggle :P

And for a buncha scraps that are all from different companies this came together beautifully and sooooo fast it was crazy!!

My BG is MME Quite Contrary.  I just kinda played off of the green and brown and tried to grab bits that were one or the other or both! So my papers are MME, Pebbles, Echo Park, Crate Paper and Cosmo Cricket.  And th4en I found some Basic Grey Ribbon in the same colors and added some strips of it as well......The Chip Board bits are DCWV Safari kids and I adore them! I have had the top one for over a year and was afraid to use it......yeah I know HOARDER!!!!  It added a little color to this and keeps it from looking BLAH i think. The title is a combo of Jillibean Soup (LOVEEEEEE the cardboard alphas!!) And My Little Shoebox.  And yeah I KNOW the word Boy is crooked.....have you ever met a male that well balanced? LOL  I just kinda let it fall and land where it wanted and glued it down.

And I don't need to tell ya that the cutie there with the amazingly big mouth is Jesse......this is why I love scrapping him.....lol

I'm also sharing this at:
CRAFT Challenge: Children
Crafting When We Can  A Brand new blog and this is the very first challenge and it is anything goes (Stripping included....lol)
Quirky Crafts Anything but a card!

Thanks so much for stopping in....and thank you for all of the wonderful comments, y'all rock!
Tina

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!! That photo is soooooooooooo cute and loving the little animal squares!!! And hehehehehehe... loving that AXE story... poor Mama! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Diane said...

This is a fab layout! Thanks for entering the quirky crafts challenge

Mindy said...

Super layout! I like being able to use scraps too. I really like how you worked from the sketch, but made it your way. Thanks for joining our 1st Crafting When we Can Challenge :)

Emily C said...

This came out so cute! I love all the earthy colors. And as far as I am concerned....Strip away, just enjoy it ;p

mariko said...

Sooo CUTE!!
Thanks for playing along with ST!!!

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

What an adorable LO for this oh so fun photo!! I often turn and flip the sketches I use too! Love how you used your paper strips and that they are all different widths and lengths!! Thanks for working out at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Caro said...

Fantastic layout and wonderful photo! Thanks for joining in with our Anything but a card challenge at Quirky Crafts.

Lyn said...

Brilliant layout and love the colours you have used brilliant for boys, and what a great photo.

Thank you for joining us at CWWC with our 1st challenge

carol said...

fab page, thanks for playing along with CRAFT this week, x carol

corrie said...

Adorable! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Missy Whidden said...

Love this! Love how you used so many paper strips...and such a cute boy page. I have only girls! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

Anne Pennington said...

You have captured the fun of the moment - great layout!!!

Spyder said...

Oh yes...I'm twelve when it comes to naughty words! Love your layout, such fun too! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's again this challenge, pop back to vote next Friday/Saturday
((Lyn))

Hazel said...

Fab LO - just right for 'anything but a card' (Hazel, Guest Designer Quirky Crafts) x