Monday, September 12, 2011

Black and White Lasting Memories #55

It's Monday and it is soooooooooooooooo quiet!!! I think this may be just what I needed.....lol.  Seriously, it's a BEAUTIFUL fallish sorta day with lots of sunshine....I just love this time of year :):)

I wanna share a layout with y'all that I put together last night for Lasting Memories latest challenge.....black and white.  I have so much black and white paper that it's insane....it was the black and white photo I had a hard time coming up with......lol.  I tried really hard to keep this one simple but apparently karma has decided that I can only have one truly awesome white space layout a year.....and i have already met my quota for this year......lol.  But this one actually looks a lot busier than it is because of all of the pattern going on.  And I really had to stop myself from using any bits of colored thread or flowers or anything to give it a little pop....that seems to be one of my fave techniques lately!!  I will confess...I almost did it anyway and almost just did what I wanted and took it over to Photoshop and turned it into a b & w LO....Lame!!!!!  After all....these things are called challenges for a reason!!!

But I was a good scrappy gal :):) And I used nothing but shades of black and white and let me say that this actually looks amazing in person.......and I'm not just saying that cuz it's my creation.....lol.  I'm sharing this a little larger size than normal because it just looks better.....lol

All the papers here are pretty much MME....the background one is actually glittered, and is a Halloween collection but I'm not certain which one......It's from a GINORMOUS paper pack I bought from Scrapbook Steals last year....I got this one and a glittered Christmas pack as well for under $15 .....over a hundred sheets in each one....not too bad!!!!  I had this all laid out on pure white cardstock but it was feeling too clean for me....the other papers are from MME's Meadowlark and all have a kinda grungy feel to them.....so I sat out to mist my background with black and it just looked awful......so I found this and the glitter made me happy :)   The alphabets are a combo of Cloud 9 designs chipboard in white and sliver, thickers, and My little shoebox.  I stamped the journal spot and cut it out, dug out some buttons from my stash and found these little butterflies that had been punched from a book. I inked them a bit and stuck it all down and called it done babe! And i really like how it turned out :)

The gals over at Lasting Memories are so sweet........plenty of time left to play along with this one iffin ya wanna :) http://kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/lmcb-55-its-all-in-black-and-white.html

Thanks for dropping in!!! I may have a few more to share later today....I am trying to get some things ready before the posting deadline tomorrow....wish me luck!!!

Tina

12 comments:

Amy said...

What a simply beautiful layout!! :) You found so many wonderful embellishments to add, and I love the different fonts/styles you used!!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Lasting Memories DTM

Vicki said...

Wonderful layout. I love all the fonts and the details. Glad you stuck with the challenge.

Vicki
LMDT

Michele F. said...

Tina... this is such a great layout! You are good at "Blocking" different patterned papers. LOOOVVVEEE how you did the letters "Love." Nice block formation. And again... you crack me up with your posts. I didn't even think of turning a regular layout into B/W with photoshop. Ha ha.. you are such a good scrapper gal!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!! We always love to see you!!
~Michele
LM DT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This turned out AWESOME Tina! I loveeeeeeee that photo and how you did the title! :):):):):):):):):):):)

The Bookin Room said...

I too had a hard time with the black and white, not so much the papers but like you said, with the photo! Your layout came out beautiful! I don't think it's too busy at all! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! xoxo Charity LMDT

Wendy Crowe said...

What a cutie!!! I love the mixed fonts for the title! So cute! Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories!

Teresa Jaye said...

awwwwww, look at little Jesse! It's not easy to pull off B&W layouts but you sure did - awesome!

Karen Wilson said...

Aww! This is just adorable and good for you, using different patterns together. This is something I have only been doing a short time. I had a hard time matching patterns w/patterns!! You rocked our challenge this week and congrats on being featured today! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

The Scorpian Crafter said...

You won me over with your use of butterflies...I LoVE them! Along with your very beautiful picture. Your layout stands out with the use of polka dot pattern paper. Love it! Caryn LM DT

Brenda said...

This is fabulous. I love how you used so many different fonts and embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Sue said...

What a special layout Tina. It's beautiful. I love how the elements are tilted. I agree with everyone about the different fonts. Just adorable.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Just cked Lasting Memories site & you made Top 3 for LMCB#55 "It's All In Black & White." Congrats.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com