Friday, September 16, 2011

Couple of cards to share

I'm not real chatty today.....been a LONGGG day dealin with the kids.  Report cards came home today and my 6Th grader  brought home 3 F's, 3 D's and a C........and the C was in PE.......what the heck???????   So there has been a LOTTA drama in this house today and currently he is hanging out in his electronics free room (I even took the clock radio....just cuz I can) until I can cool off enough to talk to him.  It;s not so much the grades that have me so worked up...altho they are AWFUL!!!  But I tried to talk to him in a not at all like me, sane tone of voice when he took attitude and tried to tell me he has no clue WHY these teachers have failed him.........even tho its right there on his report card that he is clearly not doing anything but taking up space in class.......and well, once that happened I knew he needed to remove himself from my presence or face the consequences.

And I have a horrible headache.......started yesterday with me being in bed all day and it's decided it like it here and is gonna hang out a while....stupid migraine :(

Couple of cards to share with you tonight.......


I love how this one turned out but it was a PITA to line those triangles up.....I think I tore it apart and pieced it back together 3 or 4 times.  But it did turn out cute so it was worth it !!! 

I used the My Little Shoebox goodies I won a few weeks back.......

And I also finished the inside.....

Ohhhhh and check the little cat eyes on her costume.....I added some bling :)


I'm entering this one in the following challenges....they will be linked up so feel free to hop over and play along as well :)

Cooking it up with Katie:A girl, green and a group of 3.......I have 3 clouds clustered at the top of the card and the rest is pretty evident I think.
The Paper Variety Use stickers!! Easy enough.....quite a few on here!!
Creating Memories In Time: Halloween:
Frosted Designs: Fab Friday Challenge: Use a punch or punches....I punhced all of the little triangles


And I have one more.....out and adhered them
The colors of this just make me smile......as does that darling little stamp I found at Big Lots......i think I have seen several more of these types of stamps at Hobby Lobby....I haven't been in one in forever so next time I will look and see.......I think they are just the cutest.  I used some stickers on this bad boy too....I have been holding on to this hot air balloon from EP for over a year........I doubt I will ever be able to fly away in it so I decided to stick it on a card so it can make someone else smile!  All the paper and stock is from American Crafts.....the butterfly was gifted to me since I don;t own a butterfly punch.....lol.

Sharing it with the following.....
Cute Card Thursday Anything goes
Scrapbookers Anonymous  Letter B......for balloon and butterfly :)
Creatalicous Anything goes.


And thats it! I have a layout to share as well but its dark and I can;t get a good photo....sooooooo will give it a shot tomorrow!  I'm gonna kick back with some hot tea until it's time to pick the boys up from the football game.  Then I am gonna medicate and go to bed!!!

Have a great evening!!!
Tina

19 comments:

~Christina~ said...

Those are tooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette said...

awesome cards...love that halloween card..

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Awesome cards! Love the hot air balloon!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry bout the report card drama... sadly with Adam I can relate... this year is the first year he is 'trying' to get better grades...and so far, its paying off...we got mid terms today and he only had one 'd' and the rest c's and b's and an 'a' too.. telling ya... I was like WOW!! Yeah ADAM! :) I hope it gets better .... :) {{{hugs}}} :)

I loveeeeeeeeeee the cards!! LOVING that bling on the eyes!! Tooooooooooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Ilene said...

Aww these are so cute!! Love MLS and Echo Park pp too!! And that quote on the second card is adorable :)

Deb said...

Beautiful cards!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Teresa Jaye said...

oh,oh,oh, she's a cutie and I LOVE the bannery triangles!
So sorry about the boy and the headache - hopefully when you get up tomorrow and read this things will be looking up!

Julie J said...

Great cards - specially love the balloon.
Chin up with the report card - hope you get to the bottom of what's causing the problem. There's an old saying, 'There are no failing kids, only failing teachers'.
Thanks for joining at Scrapbookers Anonymous

Sue Althouse said...

Sorry to read about the report card drama, how trying. Love your fun cards, especially the cheerful last one. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Jackie said...

Great card Tina, glad you could play along with us again at TPV! :)

Louise said...

Beautiful cards, Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious challenge blog
Louise

Lynnda Hosni said...

cute card!!! thank you so much for playing along with us over at scrapbookers anonymous... hugs..xoxo

Jamilie said...

Beautiful cards!! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Variety!

Chris said...

both cards are great but i'm especially partial to your halloween card. there's so many fabulous little details on it making it so much fun to look at.

btw, i have a sometimes lovely daughter who has pushed my tolerance and patience to levels I would have thought impossible and she lives for me to tell the tales. so what i'm trying to say is there are plenty of us moms with the not so perfect kids but you don't hear us talking that up as much as your hear moms bragging about their kids accomplishments.

Penny said...

Great project, thanks for cooking it up with katie this week!

Lea said...

Well I hope this week is going better than the end of last week! Your cards are fabulous! Love your take on our B Challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

Deb Hickman said...

Fab cards,the Halloween card is so cute but I love the ballon card such pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. Hope the rest of the week went better.xxxx

Anne Pennington said...

Loving your sweet cards, Tina - and hoping your week got better from this day!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!