Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A couple of My Minds Eye Sketch Challenges :)

Happy Humpday!!!!

Hope this post find you all in your happy place!!!  I keep trying to head off to mine but the kids keep finding me...blah!!!  I am happy to report that Brandon is actually bringing homework home now!!  A step in the right direction for sure!  You know what he told me?????  I sat with him and went over his report card with him the other night after I had calmed down enough to keep from choking him.....in one of his classes not only was he skipping homework, he was skipping school work too.  And classwork and participation were worth like 80 percent of this class grade.

80 percent!!!!!!!

He says, "Mom......I didn't know that they graded you on in class stuff"

Are you serious????????

Obviously I had a hard time believing this little tale of his........until today when we found a letter in the mailbox that he was trying to send off to some record company. 

You really need to sit for this one.......and I promise, If I'm lyin  I'm dyin!!!!

The mailman left the letter behind because of lack of postage. Brandon has it in his head that he is gonna be the next Scotty Too Hotty from American Idol........except he can't sing....at all!!!  I know he is just 11 but the talent is just not there.  I encourage my kids to try ANYTHING and not let other peoples opinions get in the way.  My boys have done sports, scouts, ROTC, you name it......with varying degrees of success and I am always their biggest cheerleader.....but cmon.......we know if there is no chance in hell......not being mean.....just saying :)

So Brandon writes a letter to this music company begging them for a record deal....no demo or anything......and he really believes that based on a letter they are gonna hook him up........he didn't know the address so he made one up (?????????) and he put a stamp on it.......ahem....one of my stamps for crafting that says "cutest pumpkin in the patch" and said "It's a stamp!!!"

OMG!!! I feel like Bill Engvall.......here's your sign!!!!!

He's 11..........I think I am in for a longgggggggggggg road.....sigh!!!!

And I swear I did not smoke, drink or dope while carrying him.......altho right now those are all sounding REAL good!!! lol

I can't make this stuff up y'all.....

Ready to see a couple of projects?

My Minds Eye has a monthly card and layout sketch challenge......and they are for sure one of my fave companies.  So I decided to tackle them this month. 

Here is the layout sketch....you are supposed to use "Back To......." as your theme....and I did....just not in my title.  This goes back to last Oct when the boys carved our pumpkin.  Actually I carved it and let them both pose with the knife for some psycho photos :)

I traced around the orange alphabet with a black gel pen to make it pop a bit rather than being orange on orange......it shows up a lot better in person than this photo tho.  I had a ton of fun with this layout!!!  The papers are all MME Halloween Scary Sparkles paper pack and I fussy cut the pumpkins...some of which are glittered and the polka dots are glittered as well.  The alphas are all from MLS.

And for the card challenge....
And I created a Christmas Card using MME WonderfulWinter Glitter stack.....these papers are just stunning!!!!
I meant to add some buttons but forgot (duh!!!) Before i send it to someone this Christmas I will tho :)  I also used thickers....i just love this font and this color!! Not sure where the velvet ribbon came from but if someone RAKd it to me THANK YOU!!! It is soooo pretty and it makes this card look really pretty in person :)

I'm also entering my card in a couple of other challenges.....just cuz I can :P
Less Is More: Anything CAS
Alphabet Challenge Blog: Q for qick and simple
Card Cupids: Anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenges: Glitter
Southern Girls Challenge: Anything goes

That's all I got right now!!! I have a busy day tomorrow and the kids are out of school for a teacher in service on Friday, however Jacob and Steven have a drill meet......wish them luck because Jacob is the drill commander :)

Thanks for dropping by!!!

Tina

10 comments:

~Christina~ said...

Oh I loooove that ribbon on the card. Fab projects girly :)

Chrissie said...

Cute card.
Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Quite layered for us, but, its' a special week and we appreciate your entering
FAB card nevertheless

Thank you for your participation to our 1000 entries challenge
Mandi
LIM

Hazel said...

I'm also a fan of My Mind's Eye (didn't know they had a challenge - must look it up) - super LO and fab Christmas card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 38 - hope to see you again soon x

Erica said...

Whoops...at the risk of sounding like "Ms. Know-it-All", I don't think this quite fits the Less Is More category. The divas are fairly clear on what does. I have been chastened myself a time or two. But this is a lovely card...so Christmasy. You still have some time to help LIM reach its goal.

Jenni's Jems said...

your story made me chuckle, I have boy's that were gutted to be passed over for the school choir "cause they were way better than the others??" now both teenagers and honest they do get better ..eventually! as for your card love it! :-)x

Fiona said...

Great layout and card - love the papers. Your story about your son made me laugh - it might be a long road but you will have so many good memories.
xxx

Kelly Massman said...

Hey--you are really rockin' the holidays! :-)

Teresa Jaye said...

dang it!- I was enjoying your Brandon story so much I burned the peas! - now my house stinks! Anyway, that's a great story and indicative of your crazy life!
I love your MME layout - I just freeze up when I'm restricted to one paper line! Often I do only use one but if someone says I have to then it throws me! Awesome pics and awesome layout! Lovin' the colors on your Christmas card too!
You've been busy!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

A gorgeous card - I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge Blog this week.

Emma - The Sparkly Fairy