Sunday, September 11, 2011

Finally I scrapped :P

Ever feel like going outside and just screaming for as long and as loud as you can?  I think this is one of those days. Actually it's been one of those weeks.  Note to whomever is in charge of this kinda thing.....I need a break!!!!!

All week I have tried really hard to find my scrappy place......which is a lot like my happy place....except messier....lol.  I have just been in a kinda funk I guess.  Lot's of family stuff......money stuff.....ex stuff......I'm ready for some quiet stuff!!!!  Mayyyyyybe tomorrow while they are all at school!!! I can hope right???

I have a layout and a card to share with y'all today.......my layout is based on this awesome sketch by Julie Bonner.  I thought it was a nice clean sketch and SURELY I could get a layout knocked out pretty quickly using this one for inspiration!!
HA! I sat there for 3 days trying to get this thing to come together for me.  Like i said, sometimes it just happens like that....or in my case....it wasn't happening.....no way, no how!    Part of it I think is due to my total lack or organization.  I had all of my scrappy stuff moved downstairs in anticipation of having my very own craft room/mom cave........well, turns out our basement is leaking....not just a spot or 2.....the entire basement.....lovely!.  So I have hauled it all back up here and it is just piled up.  I have no room to store, no room to craft.......I am just going bonkers!!!!  I was so frustrated over the past couple of days that I was just a hair away from throwing everything in the garbage.......yup. I was THIS CLOSE!!! 

Luckily my kids talked me out of it. And here is what i finally broke thru with!

This photo is from the one and only family reunion my family has ever had......my family is probably the poster family for dysfunctional families everywhere.   None of us are that close, or get along....now that I think about it, it's really a wonder there was no bloodshed....lol.  We actually have 3 generations in this photo.....My mother,one of her sisters and her brother (who we lost a few years ago to cancer) Sis's daughter (my cousin....who I reconnected with on facebook last year) and my kiddos.....I am the roly poly one in red......lol.

I finally got around to using Jenni Bowlin's haven for this one....I won it a while back and it has just been sitting there and mocking me.  But I really like how it looks here!  I added some stitching in red and cream, the big 3 is chipboard from Hobby Lobby that I painted to match the rest of the layout. I also used Pink Paislee, American Crafts (cardstock for matting) Lots of additional chipboard bit from Creative Imaginations, Thickers, and My Little Shoebox letters. And I THINK the little flower is Sassafras Lass .

I'm sharing with the following blog challenges:

Bird is the Word: Memory
Scrapfit workout #51 Salt and Pepper (black and white) and add a bit of colorScrapbookers Anonymous:   Mini Stash challenge Chipboard.........AND if you make a card with the scraps share that as well.....soooooo i used this sketch from a new to me Challenge blog called Freshly Made Sketches



And I used my Jenni Bowlin scrsps to make this card that I absolutely fell in love with!
LOVELOVELOVE!!!! I'm also sharing this one with the good folks at My Time To Craft where the theme is " just between friends"

I think that's it.......lol!!  I am working on some fall/Halloween projects that I hope to be able to share with y'all this week!! Thanks for visiting and as always your comments are what keeps me going and they are soooo appreciated!!

Tina

31 comments:

artfuldelight said...

Fabulous LO and gorgeous card!! So sorry you had a rough week. Tomorrow is a new week and I hope it's better for ya!!!

~Christina~ said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Theresa said...

I'm glad you broke through your scrap barrier. your layout is awesome. I know how it feels to be in a funk. I was there earlier this summer.
I love the papers you used and the splash of red. and you made a card too.. you were on a roll... =)

THanks so much for digging into your stash and playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Lesley Croghan said...

Hi Tina,
Well I hope this week is better for you! Pretty card this week...very artsy! So happy you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Smiles,
Lesley

Kelly Massman said...

I'm glad you could scrap! It is definitely therapy! Also love the card! :-)

Linda Callahan said...

Very stylish! Love the dynamic background with just a hint of color! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeee these!! I loveeeeeeee that big "3" on that lo!! Thanks babe for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Rita said...

Wishing you a much better week this week. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Anne Pennington said...

What a treasured memory scrapped, and a wonderful card, Tina! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

scrappingmom73 said...

I think its a good thing too that you didn't throw it all away. :) Glad you were able to break through your funk. I love the red words in the half circle. They look great. Oh and not only did you get out of the funk, you made a card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!
Lydia

Janet M said...

Nice layout for the Birds the Word challenge - and nice job combinining the challeges. I like the colors together.

Deb Hickman said...

Fab LO and card and love the photo and all the journaling with the red alpha's. Thanks for joining us at SA.xxxx

wendipooh13 said...

just love love how you added the red journaling alphas for the pops of color!!! what a bold splash!! thanks sooo much for joining us at ScarpFIT!!!!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... what a fabulous mix of patterned papers, love the bold and striking background!!!
Thank you for joining us in our debut challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Tracy said...

Love the red with the black and white!! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFit!

JulieJ said...

Great card. thanks for joining in at scrapbookers anonymous.

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

What a wonderful LO for this rare family photo. Love the addition of red in your great stitching!! Thanks for working out at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lesley said...

Great LO and card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Lea said...

Well sounds like this layout was a but laborious to make but it looks amazing! Great paper, love how you did the title, and wow that's a lot of little alphas to place! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

jaydee said...

Tina, hope you are feeling better and got some time in your happy stamping space :-)
Love this card. The botanical theme is so on trend right now and you really rocked the layout. So glad you were able to join Freshly Made this week
Jaydee

Teresa Jaye said...

WOW - this card is totally gorgeous and amazing!

Trish Hughes said...

what a great layout, thanks for sharing with us at ScrapFit!!! love the card too by the way. :)

Rachael Funnell said...

The Big 3 & your Title Is Totally Awesome.......
Love the Design & the colors!!!!!!
Thanks Heaps for playing along over @ Bird Is The Word..... xx

Karen Williams said...

great LO- lovely paper choice- glad you could join us at Scrapbookers Anonymous

Sue Althouse said...

Sorry about your basement. We've had leaks there, too, and had to move my entire scrap room, yikes! So I understand your frustration. Love your layout and card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Lynnda Hosni said...

WOW WOW... beautiful... both layout and card!!!Thanks for playing along with us over at scrapbookers anonymous...hugs..xoxo

Cathy said...

Awesome work, love your journaling and your card is fantastic!! Thanks so much for joining in at BITW :))

Wendy said...

Well, I am so happy to hear that you did not throw everything out, but I am sorry to hear about your basement! That is not fun!! Your layout turned out awesome and I hope things are going better for you. Thanks for submitting your page with us at Bird is the Word.

Karen said...

Great LO, love the title - very effective. Thanks for playing along at BITW :)

Chloe :-) said...

OH NO about your dramas!! That doesn't sound like fun and HOPE you get a break soon!!! How's everything going??
Gorgeous creations BTW ... I think the pops of red on the page is just perfect!!!!
Thanks for playing along at BITW :-)

Helen Tilbury said...

Love your layout! Soooo effective!! Thanks for playing at BITW :)