Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Friday!!!


TGIF!!!!

A taste of fall has hit us like a ton of bricks here over night! I LOVEEEE fall!! Usually we kinda slide into it but yesterday it was 85 degrees and I'm not sure it's even out of the 60's yet today. And it's supposed to be even cooler tomorrow. LOVE IT!!! I'm bundled up, but I love it!!!

Any big plans for the weekend? I'm sure my paper crafting friends will be busy with World Card Making Day.....so many fun blog hops and challenges and of course giveaways!!!!

I will be here stalking my mail guy.....lol. I was so fortunate to win several blog candies and challenge prizes in the past couple of weeks, so it's gonna be like Christmas for me. Happy mail makes me sooooo, well, happy!!! I am on a spending freeze when it comes to my crafty stuff so I feel especially blessed for these winnings. See? God wants me to create!!! LOL :):)

Bob has big day tomorrow....he is working the gun range (he is a volunteer range safety officer or RSO). They are doing a thing for kids whose parent's are deployed...kinda a youth field day thing. Soooo fun!!!! 30 kids who have a parent deployed will get to come out for the entire day and shoot up stuff, do archery, wildlife identification and many other super cool things. I am so proud of him for being a part of it :) And so proud that this is just another way to support our troops!! They ALL have families at home and this is such a wonderful thing to have these kids come out and forget about their problems for a while. They are gonna feed em all pizza and I thinks it's just gonna be a big time.....I wish the whole family could go and help out!

Jacob and Steven are doing fund raising with NJROTC tomorrow to earn money for the field trip they are taking next week. I'm not even sure where they are going yet. But tomorrow morning, if you happen to be in the Knoxville area, stop at Krispy Kreme and get a donut and a cuppa coffee (the NJROTC will get a portion of the sales from 8 til 10 am) and get your car washed! Yes a car wash!!! It's supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow and they are gonna be out washing cars......lol.. I hope that makes people feel extra generous with donations in the morning.....lol.
As for the rest of us......after I drop Jacob and Steven off it's back home and I am gonna make the other 3 boys home made pancakes. It's their fave thing!! Something about fall makes me wanna cook!!

And then we are gonna do chores and afterwards head to the park or the school playground to blow off some steam and to gather materials for a fall project I want to do....I am planning on getting some of my fall decor goodies out and placed around the house and while i was blog hopping this morning I saw the CUTEST thing!!! Look at this.....
It's called a "Thankful Tree" So we are going to collect materials and throw this baby together and put it on the entertainment center in the living room. The idea is with the little circles dangling from it, you write something you are thankful for and hang it on the tree....wouldn't this just be awesome for a Thanksgiving table centerpiece???? I haven't decided what direction we are going with this one yet.....but we will share when it's completed :)

Here's the link to the one I saw.......she is pretty clear about the fact that she stole it from someone else.....lol. http://www.decorchick.com And her blog is pretty awesome!!!

I also wanna get some scrapping done and do a few cards for WCMD :) We'll see......I think I have more things to do than I have hours to do them in!

Also wanted to share a couple of cool sites I found with you......since fall is here and we will soon be celebrating Halloween this is such a great site to find activities in your area....haunted houses, corn mazes, fall festivals........http://www.hauntedhouseonline.com . Just click on your state or where you are going to visit and there ya have another list of cities and such.....cool!!!

Another new to me site.....http://www.thedailymeme.com . It has a list of prompts and ideas listed every single day for creative write, scrapping, whatever.....just something to get your mind kickin....no more bloggers block!!!! :):):)

Hope your day is a great one......it's almost time for my sonic happy hour run.....lol. Enjoy!!!
Tina

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like you are gonna have an awesome weekend!! LOVING that tree! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

TonjiaT said...

have a great weekend tina! it sounds to me like you guys are going to be busy!!