Friday, September 23, 2011

TAG!!!! You're it! (Scrapbookers Anonymous mini challenge)

How many played tag as a kid?

My 7 year old has discovered the joys of playing tag this year.....and wants his poor, fat, out of shape mommy to play with him.  Needless to say, I spend LOTS of time being it.....lol.  I had to run Jacob and Steven to meet the bus at school (today was a day off here) for a NJROTC Drill meet at another school.....no word yet on if or how they placed!   And when we got back Jesse wanted to play tag.  I hadn't had coffee yet and my meds hadn't kicked in so I was doing well just to walk.....it's hell getting old!!!  I told him to wait til my meds kicked in and my muscles weren't so stiff......

He looked amazed......"You have muscles??????"

Um, yeah....under these layers and pounds of fat I do......otherwise I couldn't move at all.

It's taken him all day to wrap his head around that concept.....lol.

I had to dodge raindrops and cloud cover here to get a photo......but I am persistent if nothing else :)

I decided to play along with Scrapbookers Anonymous today......they are fast becoming one of my favorite scrappy hangouts! Some super fun challenges!!  This one is a mini challenge....and the theme is tags!!! Create a tag, use a tag, tag someone upside the noggin.....it's all good :)  Now, I actually created this tag a couple of nights ago......I had some scrap bits that I really wanted to use up....better to use on a cute project than to toss in the trash, right? So......using a mixture of several companies product, some MME, MLS,Paper Studio, EP and who knows what else......I created a cute tag......and was really unsure what I was going to do with it.....lol.  I thought I could make about 30 more and use for treat bags for Halloween for Jesse's class.   And then I thought....how cute would it be to make several and make a banner out for them for the holiday??? THEN I was blog hopping this morning and came across this SUPER cute card
I love all things kraft so I immediately fell in love with it.  And I love the card design in general.  So I "borrowed" the design from Lea at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine (thanks Lea......lol)  Her blog is AMAZING and I may just steal every idea she has posted.....lol.  Mine is a bit different but the inspo is there and very evident I think....just a lot brighter....lol.
Hers is a much cleaner look than mine.....and I keep forgetting to use this huge green button I found too....danggit!!!!  But we all know I have issues with clean and simple....and it's not just in my head , I have documented confirmation!!! LOL.........So I finished the card with MME and Sassafras Lass.

And I really hope Lea doesn't mind :) She truly is sooo talented and her work is just so inspiring to me....she is officially my new scrappy crush.....now she can feel awkward......lol.

Thanks for looking!!!

11 comments:

Teresa Jaye said...

ohhh, Lea's card is gorgeous! You picked up the inspiration perfectly though and your card is totally you and totally cute! Can't believe you mixed all those different manufacturer's - it looks great!

scrappingmom73 said...

Such a cute card! I'd love to see what you do with that big green button. :) So glad you're enjoying the challenges at Scrapbookers Anonymous. Thanks for playing along!
Lydia

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwww I'm jealous... I thought I was your scrappy crush! lol! I have to get rid of that Lea girl! LOL!! Kidding!! LOL! :):):)

I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your card! Sooooooooooo cute!!! Thanks for playing along with SA!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

ChatterScene.com said...

Super cute:) I love the colors.

Theresa said...

wow... fabulous card. so cute. and it's great to hear that you are liking our challenges. we try to get you to dig deep in your stash. Thanks so much for playing along with our mini challenges this month. =)

Kelly Massman said...

Cute card! And, I agree, the inspiration is great-Lea's stuff is nice! :-)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Awesome card! Hope you are doing well. I went back to work full time and don't have time for sh*t.

June Houck said...

Very cute! You had me at MME ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

Great Halloween card! I love the papers and colours. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lynnda Hosni said...

WOW... fantastic!! great card... thank you so much for joining the fun over at Scrapbookers ANonymous... hugs...xoxo

Lea said...

LOL! Very entertaining read! Love your tag, it's so bright and fun! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!