Friday, October 28, 2011

Bo Bunny Layuut Challenge....and of course TGIF!!!

Yayyyyyyyyy!!

I have survived another week!!  You know you are getting old when someone mentions the weekend and all you can think about is getting to sleep past 6AM on a Saturday.....lol.  I remember in my younger, wilder days I "might" be heading to bed about that time.......I think now it would kill me.....lol. 

So , this is Halloween weekend, what kinda plans y'all have?  Jesse wants to go to "Boo at the Zoo", it's not happening tho because I have 5 kiddos and I am not spending 5 bucks a head to get them in plus another 5 for parking.  I'm cheap.....there are several area churches doing fall festivals, trunk or treats and assorted other things this weekend and for my family, this is a wayyy better alternative to going door to door.  Especially since we have so many new people in our neighborhood.  I'll talk to strangers but won't take candy from them.....LOL.

My weekend will be spent catching up on some crafting and making up treat  bags for Jesse's class on Monday, which we really aren't supposed to do but many of the teachers allow it.  They just won't hand them out until the bell rings to go home.....actually pretty smart.  I doubt I would wanna put up with 30 6 to 7year olds strung out on sugar either.....lol. 

Jesse is the last one I have in grade school.  All the others are all grown up and now and too old for such things :(  Kinda sad but at the same time it works out well for Jesse since I don't have to budget my  treats as much and can pretty much go wild for just his class.  Yayyyyyy!!!  And he is my baby boy so of course I get accused (by his brothers) of playing favorites.  yeah....I have NEVER stayed up late filling candy bags, baking for bake sales or anything for the others (rolls eyes).

Anyway.....that's the plan for the weekend!  Monday we are going to a church function called the Hallelujah Hoedown......LOTS of fun for the kids, hayrides, free food, games, face painting, inflatable jumpy thingies......CANDY!!! This will be out 3rd year :)  Even the older boys have fun because they usually eat (DUH....lol) and play football with other teens that were drug there by their parents.....LOL

Enough babble......can you tell I have had wayyyyy too much coffee this morning?? :):)

I have a layout created for Bo Bunny's latest layout challenge!! As luck would have it I just happened to have some WONDERFUL Bo Bunny Et Etcetera papers from the Artful Delight October kit! LeeAnne still has a few of these left and i really encourage you to check it out.  There are also some stunning Pink Paislee papers in there and all kinds of goodness!!  And while I am thinking about it, LeeAnne has a neat little giveaway on her blog at the moment too.....and she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.....so drop by and say hello to her....she's not like me, she won't bite......lol.

So here's a look at that kit.....
Awesome bang for your scrap buck there my friends!!  So far I have made 2 layouts and a card with mine and still have tons of product left!!

This is the Bo Bunny Sketch I worked out with.......they have a card sketch challenge up as well.  It's a little out of my very limited card making league tho....I may give it a try but ehhhhhhhhhhhh, we will see......lol.
Isn't that beautiful??? It was until I got ahold of it......lol.  I chose to scrap Matt with this one.  I rarely scrap him and we rarely get photos of him.  He doesn't like having his photo taken and usually around Christmas we try to do a family portrait to include with our cards.  He usually screams, fusses, runs off.....no doubt a side effect of the Autism, but it could just be his brothers annoy him....lol.  I feel that way too sometimes Matt!!!!  I'm sure most of you can relate with how difficult it is to get 2 or 3 kids to stop fighting long enough to pretend to be a happy family....well, I have FIVE!!! lol.  But his school managed to get a photo of him smiling (OMG!!) and I remember the day they took this we were having a really hard time at home...that morning he fought me tooth and nail because I tried to get his hair combed and so forth......thus the major bed head.....lol.  But I do love the photo anyway....especially his smile!!  :):)  maybe they waved a bag of cheetos in front of him......lol

The papers are all from Artful Delights Oct kit....I have a combination here of the double dot card stocks, and Et Cetera....all of the stickers are from there as well.  My title was created using  Canvas Brown Thickers, I finally pulled this huge Prima flower out and added it as well as a couple of the little rosettes from Precocious Papers October sampler. I did a bit of hand stitching but quickly got bored with it....lol and inked all of the edges with brown ink......no cool name for the color...just plain ol brown  :)

I'm also sharing this with Your Scrapbook Stash...........they are having a few challenges on their blog right now and one of them is to use a 5x 7 photo.  Oddly enough, I rarely scrap anything larger than 4x6, but I just had this size and wallets to work with so it's another of those times when all the planets are in perfect alignment and work out.....lol.

And last but certainly not least.....my girls over at Lasting Memories are doing a "Bling it on!" challenge.  I'm kinda lacking in the bling dept so I'm hoping the blingatude on that prima flower shows up because in person it is awesome!! It has what looks like pearlescent glitter on it, some stitched down sequins, the pearl stone in the middle surrounded by the rhinestones.  This is about as blingy as this girl gets......lol

I thank you for letting me ramble this morning and keeping me company while I have my caffeine drip going :)

Have a great day! It 's a rainy one here so I am stuck indoors cleaning and crafting.....any bets on which I do more of today?? Multi tasking is so not my thing!!  lol

XOXOX
Tina

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Have fun this weekend! We are going to the in-laws neighborhood...we know that area and its good :):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the lo!! LOVING that photo, the title work and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the flowers! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

artfuldelight said...

You ROCK woman!!! Thanks for the love. Your LO is awesome, love all the details!! :-)

Vicki said...

Great layout. Love the title. And the bling is perfect for a boy layout. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Vicki
LMDT

Kelly Massman said...

Wonderful layout--love the sentiment! I finally got something scrapped and posted today! It seems like I have been so busy with surgeries (minor--no worries) and other things that I haven't had time to get to my craft room!!!!! TFS!

Michele F. said...

It's enough bling for me!! :-) It's hard to bling up a boy layout!! You did FABULOUS! (I did a boy layout too) Loved reading your post! Have such a great weekend and I hope you crafted more than cleaned today!!! I wanted to... but will try a little later. Thanks so much for joining Lasting Memories!! Always look forward to your creations!!
Michele
LMDT

karenw said...

housework or crafting? the eternal question...hmmm so tricky, whatever will you do???
That is such a great photo of Matt. gorgeous smile. And I think you did wonders with the sketch.

have a fun halloween weekend. xx

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Thought I posted but it disappeared. Great layout. I love all the different papers and flowers you used. Everything goes so well together. Thanks for sharing at Lasting Memories this week.

Wendy Crowe said...

I think you did a wonderful job with the sketch and the bling is just the perfect amount! Great paper choice! I may have to break down and buy that kit too!