Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A couple of fall themed projects :)

oh my gosh!

Let me just start by saying I am so thankful and appreciative of the comments on yesterdays post.  I am moved beyond words! I try really hard to keep things upbeat and positive here because I want to keep you coming back.  But I also try to keep it real.  And we all known that life isn't always beautiful and positive.  Sometimes it's ugly and it hurts.  I'm a firm believer in the adage "What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger" And sometimes what seems like the end of the world is just a new chapter.  Each and every one of you are so amazing and I am so blessed to call you my friends!!!

So before I cry again here is a big hug for you all!!
It felt sooooooooooo good to sit and create something yesterday!!  I even cranked out a quick card this morning while waiting on Matt's bus! It started with a sketch but I realize to make it look like the sketch I shoulda went bigger.  I'ts just a 4x4 card :)  So I just kept digging into my little stash of cute fall die cuts from k&co I bought over the weekend.  I hadn't bought anything is such a long time.....I have been so fortunate to have won several RAK's and challenges over the last couple of months but I haven' even cracked most of that loot open yet  So you can see now I was n a bad place emotionally.....lol.  But there is something to be said for retail therapy :):) I had actually started on a mission to Hobby Lobby to purchase some white stamp ink for Christmas cards and some kraft cardstock. I walked out spending $50 bucks......oppps!!! I was amazed that have gotten so mzny of the more popular lines!! I haven't been inside a Hobby Lobby in a good 4 months. I saw Graphic 45, Echo Park (I didn't buy it tho!!!) Some of the newer Basic Grey stuff......I have lots of fall/halloween photos to scrap fro years past so I chose carefully and fell in love with the beautiful Crate Paper Restoration!I Figured it was perfect for fall, for boys in general and I just loved it!

So I sat yesterday and decided to do a scrap layout.....and I had the brilliant idea to hand stitch, my fingers are still sore! I had also bought a zig zag head for my sew perfect and used it along with some bakers twine. And my K&Co fall die cuts....and I'm tellin you, the combo just rocks!! I worked on this until last last night, mostly because the hand stitching and distressing took a lot of time.  But at the moment this is my fave layout of all time!!!
I did some distressing, some hand stitching, misting , grunged it up some with some brown ink and hand made the little fence even :)

ALL of the papers are Crate Papers Restoration, Die Cuts K & Co, random buttons, Title letters from Pink Paislee's Captivate (they are wood grained) and journaling letters from Glitz.

I'm entering it in the following challenges:

The Paper Variety recipe Challenge: 1 pumpkin, 2 word title, and 3 buttons :)
Scrapbookers Anonymous Alphabet Challenge: C is for "Crate Paper"
Stuck on U Sketches: die cut fence (iffy since I hand cut it but they will let me know!!)
Bird is The Word: "Wish"
Crate Paper Color challenge: Mustard Yellow, Khaki, and Sea green

Sketches In Thyme: Octobers Open Challenge
And last but not least I got the whole layout idea from Scrap Book challenges:  This is a scrap lift of one of the Pick Of The Week, which is this awesome page from Lydia :)
I'll be back a bit later to post my card as I am on a deadline to get this entered into one of these challenges......lol

TFL!!
XOXO
Tina

25 comments:

Michele F. said...

Oh Tina!! I love what you did here. Such wonderful layouts!! Glad to see you back. I just read your post from yesterday and my heart goes out to you and your son. So sorry you have had a hard time. It really puts things in perspective for those of us that "Think" we are having a bad day. You are amazing for all you do and that you can come back to this lovely blogging world and talk to all of us. I love that you are real. Alot of people can not be for whatever reason. Hang in there!! Crafting does help our moods.. doesn't it? :-)
Michele

Jamilie said...

Love your layouts! WOW!! Just love them! The first one especially with the rake, pumpkin, tear, stitching! LOVE! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Variety this week!

Hannah said...

Brilliant projects Tina :) I adore your first LO, love the fall elements and colours, and the ripping and distressing is fab. I can see why it is your fave :)Love your second LO too, great paper collection and colours :)
Thanks for playing along at TPV this week, hope you'll play along again soon :)

Debbie P said...

Love your layouts and the product choices are fantastic! Wonderful job!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You know we LOVE YOU!! Silly girl!! You are AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo! I loveeeeeee those fall embellies (the rake etc)...and loving the photo!! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous! :):):):):):):):):):)

Deb Hickman said...

Great LO's, love the first one it is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Scarpbookers Anonymous.xxx

Kylie said...

a great fall layout..thanks for playing at BITW

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fabulous projects .. both of them! Love how crisp and clean they are but still interesting! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck on U Sketches! Hope to see you back soon!

Theresa said...

wow!!! lots of challenges incorporated. that is awesome. love the layout. it is fabulous. I hope you are having a great day!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers ANonymous. =)

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, this is gorgeous, Tina! That paper is awesome and you put it together perfectly - it really shows that you put a lot of time and love in to this one! I love the teal color and all of the embellies. But the best part is the picture and the sentiment - perfect!
Scrappin' sure helps the old noggin' doesn't it?!?!!

Sue said...

Great pages Tina. I always love to see your work. Your photos are so wonderful and your writing is awesome. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Variety.

**Treefrog** said...

Oh what a gorgeous layout (actually both of them are!) The Fall theme is so great I love everything about it and what a great picture! I'm so glad you shared it with us over at Stuck On U Sketches die cut challenge!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

This is going to be long...are you sitting down? LOL!
First off...your last post, well I am glad that you shared all that. I've been talking with my friends lately, some Mom's at school and I was saying how important it is for women to be honest with each other, to talk to each other. We need to know that we are not alone in life or in what we deal with.
Life is amazing like you said, but can be amazingly difficult as well.
So I thank you for being honest and showing yourself like that...its a powerful message to share!
So...with that all said, LOL, I am here by ways of Stuck on U Sketches and I am SO happy that you linked up so that I could come by today...
I am glad that you stopped and created and created something so very, very wonderful! I love how totally different the pages are (I do that as well). The details really fun and the best paper choices!!!!

Big bloggy hugs hun! Leah

magicwanda said...

Wow what great layouts...Love them both! Thanks so much for joining us at SOUS.

Brises said...

Such a wonderful layouts, Tina! I love your use of colours and the fab design.
Thanks for playing along at BITW!!!

Tammy E. said...

Wow. Your fall layout is amazing. I can see why you like it so much! Love the rake and of course your hand cut fence! Great job. And of course I like your other layout as well! Too cool!

Take care of yourself. I'm proud of you for sharing your feelings with the world!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. i have come by via BITW challenge blog.. and after reading this post, i went to the last one to see what you had shared there.. on my.. you are so allowed to be a bit slack as far as scrapping goes when your life is so full on.. i send you a hug from australia.. i cant even begin to understand what you have been going through.. i do hope things settle down for you and you can recharge in your scrap space... and now let me comment on your layout.. it is so lovely.. great photo and i love the autumn embellies.. a wonderful take on the challenge.. and i hope your week gets better for you.. xxhugs..

Eli said...

two really good pages! I love them!
Eli (Scrapbookers anonymous)

Stine Ursin said...

Love both of your layouts!! Love the fall colors, anf the paper you have used in the first LO is just gorgeous!
So sorry to read that you have had a rough time lately - wishing for a wonderful fall for you and your family!!

Kelly Massman said...

Your take on this is perfect! Love it!

Yara said...

Love, love both layouts! Love the colors, and the fall theme! Great desing! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Nanne said...

Oh wow!! How cute are those?.. I love Autumn, its my favorite time of the year with all of the beautiful colors and so, I love your autumn layout, so many adorable elements and yes, that rake really caught my eye as well.. Such Great detail..
thnx for joining us over as SOUS and sharing your wonderful project with us..
hugs
Nanné

Lea said...

Wow... this layout is awesome! Love the polka dot paper peeking through, the fence posts, the rake, it's just all fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Anne Pennington said...

This is an awesome fall layout!! Love the fence and love the leaf!! Thank for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

Lisa Amiet said...

This is a lovely layout, love all those autumn colours. Thanks for playing along with us xoxo