Saturday, October 8, 2011

A couple of Layouts!

I'm still among the living....purely by accident I'm sure!  This fall sinus thing is kickin my tail big time!  I'm feeling better today than yesterday at least......just really , really tired.

I have a couple layouts that I completed a little earlier in the week before I got to feeling like death.  I managed to get something finished today as well but it's too dark to take it outside to photograph.

Earlier  this week my mailman brought me some happy mail!!! I won last month's Sketch challenge art Artful Delight and LeeAnne sent me the totally GORGEOUS  October kit ! *Drool* I am going to have so much fun with all of this yumminess!!!
It's chock full of Bo Bunny, Pink Paislee, Melissa Frances (maybe I have been hiding under a rock but this is my first seeing her products) Some Prima, some rolled felt flowers........sighhhhhh :)

Thanks LeeAnne but such a lovely prize and being such an awesome person to boot!! I love ya girlie!

I created this LO using this months Artful Delight sketch.....
I titled it 'But YOu Can Call Me Mom" and in place of journaling I listed just a few of the job titles that are part of every mom resume.....cook, driver, maid, nurse, judge,banker, detective, magician....there are plenty more but my head was hurting and this is all that made the cut....lol.
I added  some things from my own stash, Thickers,and some diecuts from The Girls Paperie...mainly the little patchwork heart and birdie. And I inked every single thing with Rich Cocoa ink to make it all pop.
In addition to sharing this one At Artful Delight I am also posting this at Scrapbookers Anonymous for their October Challenge ...use die cuts!! As well as Anything Goes Challenge Blog, also die cuts and/or punches

This next one I created for TPV's use a critter challenge....well actually I think it's Forest Friends :)  No sketch, just a simple layout to use some Basic Grey Scraps I had.  I really like this one but would like irt better if I had some scrap dots or something to pop everything up.
Actually used a fw things that I had a few of.......Pebbles, BG, Making Memories, Jillibean Soup, Sassafras Lass, Crate Paper, and something else I'm not sure of......lol.  Just for clarification purposes, the forest critter is the little birdie rub on......my kids are in a whole other class of critters......lol.

Also Sharing this one over at Frosted Designs where there is a super fun Recipe Challenge. Use at least 4 items from this list....I highlighted the 6 items I used :)
1. The color yellow
2. Ribbon or lace
3. Chipboard
4. Flowers
5. Misting or inks
6. Buttons
7. Stickers
8. Rub ons


And Blog Quick Quotes Friday Challenge One Photo Challenge

That's all I have for tonight......time to medicate and crash!!!!!


21 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Lucky you on winning the Artful Delight kit! It is amazing! I love that layout--so true, so true for all us moms!!! The bros layout is cute, too! Hope you feel better soon! I haven't done a layout in so long, I'm afraid I won't remember how! :-)

Lydia said...

Great layouts! I especially like "but you can all me Mom". I can relate with 3 boys. :) So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs AND Scrapbookers Anonymous! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo happy you love the Oct. kit!!! And I loveeeeeee what you made with it!! That first one if sooooooo fun!! I love the title!! Thanks so much Tina for playing along with AD again this month!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kim said...

Great job! You have had a lot of creative juices flowing with all your cool stuff from artful delight ect.!

I have a giveaway on my blog! hope you'll hop over and enter:)
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Wow, Tina I love your work! Both layouts are awesome. I love the randomness of the second one and the "Mom" is great and a=oh so true. Love those pictures of you. Congrats on winning a kit from Artful Delight...I am trying really hard to win one this month also. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety. I love seeing your submissions nearly every week.

Jackie said...

Cutie page! Glad you could play along with TPV!

**Treefrog** said...

Great layouts, all of them, and congrats on the win! I can totally relate to the allergy problems, mine have been acting up too, they are always the worst in the Fall, hope your feeling better soon and Thanks for joining in with us at Quick Quotes!
((Hugs)) Theresa (QQ DT)

Adora Concepcion said...

i love the free style!! it looks great! thanks for playing along with us at QQ!

Adora (QQ DT)

Becky B. said...

FANTASTIC layouts!!! Hope your allergies are better...many of us here in Oklahoma are having the same issues - UGH!

Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! Have a wonderful week!

Lea said...

Congrats on winning the Artful Delight kit. It does look delightful! Love the mom layout, I think you did a great job coming up with job titles for us. The layout is beautiful, love those flowers! The layout of the boys just looks like it was fun to do, and I love the picture! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

Debbie said...

Love your take on the sketch and how you used the beautiful October kit! Thanks for joining us at artful Delight!

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

I really love all of the elements/embellishments you included on both of your layouts, and yet, your photos are not overpowered! I hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs! **Roberta

Anne Pennington said...

Love the layout - and love your sense of humour!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

Melin said...

What a wonderful win! I love the...you can call me mom!!! TERRIFIC! The Bros layout is super! My boys are a different class of critter too....ROFL!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us at Quick Quotes

Melin
QQ DT
Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

Karen Williams said...

Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous- I love both of these LOs not just the one for us- you have great style- love all the different elements you put tgether

artfuldelight said...

So super excited that you enjoy this month's kit. :-) I am hoping you are feeling a bit better. Love all your LO's! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!!! :-)

Theresa said...

who wouldn't love an Artful Delight kit. congrats. they have lovely kits. you really rocked that sketch.
and I love the way you made all those fun elements work on the second layout. very cute.
THanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Deb Hickman said...

Congrats on your win. Your LO's are fab. Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxx

Quick Quotes said...

Love your handwritten journaling. Great touch!
~Lisa
QQ Social Media Director :)
www.blogquickquotes.com

Lynnda Hosni said...

Congrats on your win... love your layouts... fabulous... Thank you so much for playing along with US over at Scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs..xoxo

Eli said...

Wonderfu LOs!
Great work!
Eli (Scrapbookers anonymous)