Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello Monday


Happy Monday!!!

I hope it's a happy one somewhere!! I'm not really complaining, OK, really I AM! I am still not feeling well at all! 4 days on antibiotics should make me feel better right??? I think all it is doing is tearing my tum tum up.  Everything I eat just makes me all nauseous and stuff......maybe I will drop a few pounds.....lol.

Before I get to chatting here......a lot of companies are releasing their winter products this week......so if you have a fave scrap company check out their blog, Facebook, websites.......whaatever......cuz you could have a chance to win some really cool goodies!!  I know American Crafts is doing one, My Minds Eye, October Afternoon......seriously......just look em up and see.  Most all of them releasing new product are doing a win it before you can buy it deal :)

I threw together another quick layout today.....another 8 x 10! I'm diggin these lately, not sure why but it;s working for me! There are a few challenges this one is for so bare with me.....and I am sick to death of Halloween stuff now.....I have moved on to Christmas....lol. No, really I wanted a group shot of the boys and this is the best I could do......Matthew isn't in the photo because he was being a handful that day.......and in fact has been quite the handful lately too. I will fill y'all in on all of that in the next day or so......hopefully by then he will have mellowed somewhat because right now about the only time I can get on the computer is when he is asleep.....really, it was a ROUGH weekend at my house :( Say a prayer for him please!!!

Very simple little layout today.....

This photo was our Christmas card Photo in 2009,  I can't believe how much Jesse and Brandon have grown!!!

Kraft it up is a monthly challenge blog featuring Kraft (duh!!) So long as you follow the set theme and use kraft  stock as your base, you are good to go....and Kraft is my fave!!!!!! Everything looks good on it and white :) The October Challenge at Kraft It Up is to showcase one of 3 styles in your LO....

1. Monochromatic
2. Minimalist
3. Vintage/Shabby Chic

I'm not really certain mine fits any of the categories, but let's just say for me this is pretty bare bones and minimal.......it really doesn't get much simpler than this. I kept it pretty simple and really had a LOT of fun putting together the finishing touches.  This week at Lasting Memories the challenge is to tag it!! Use a pre made tag, create a tag, just make sure there is one (or several) on your layout.  So I built up my little tag with a combination of Jillibean Soup journaling sprouts and some chipboard goodies and added some Basic grey ribbon to it and tada!!!!! My little tag!!!

I don't have any pop-dots so what I did was fins some chipboard bits I am not going to use and sandwiched them between the sprouts for some dimension.  I was digging thru the baggie and found these 3 chipboard photo corners and decided to make a little Christmas tree out of them.....added the little yellow ball on top because I had already glued down the star I found elsewhere.....lol.  I think it turned out absolutely adorable!!!

You may notice on the journaling spot that it says "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"  I read that someplace today and for the life of me don't know where.  As a family we are dealing with a lot of things right now.....no more so than most families I guess, but I don't deal well with stress.  A thing or 2 at a time and I'm good....but when it all unloads on me at once I become a mess.  We will get thru this trail like we have all the others.....I just really need that quote today I think.......to remind me :)

And since I had the journaling I had to come up with the title.  There's a first, me having the journaling done before it's actually together!!! So I just went with "Together" which is this weeks Bird is The Word challenge word too......

So, in putting this together I used a combination of American Crafts, My Little Shoebox, Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey, Pebbles, DCWV, Bazzill, Crate Paper and Echo Park.  The little banner is from EP's Everybody Loves Christmas and was actually a sheet of border cuts that were of Christmas Trees.  I just snipped them out and put them on for banners.

I'm not real entertaining when I'm sick...sorry.  Hopefully I will be back to normal soon!!!!

Thanks for visiting me!!
Tina

16 comments:

karenw said...

get well soon- I always feel ripped off if I have been sick for a while and lose no weight - that is surely the only upside of being sick...

very cool lo, I am so not ready for christmas, we have no halloween here but it is all over the web at the moment so I can see why you'd be over it.

xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you feel better Tina! I loveeeeee your lo!!! That design is AWESOME and loving the tag! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Karen Wilson said...

I hear ya on the stress level, I don't do well either. I hope you feel better soon and everything settles for you. I love your sentiment .. it's perfect!! You did an awesome job this week and so glad you joined us at Lasting Memories!!

The Bookin Room said...

Hope you feel better soon! What a great 8x10 layout! Still have yet to try one of those yet! I am sooo ready for Christmas! My fave holiday. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
xoxo Charity

Wendy Crowe said...

I hope you feel better soon! I love your tag! I can't believe Christmas is so close!
Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories!

Michele F. said...

I am really lovin' that sentiment! I could put that on so many things! And I know what you mean about too many things going on at once. Life is hard enough to add MORE things to it. Hang in there. Hope things go on the up and up for you. Great layout! I am ready for Christmas! :-)
Michele
LM DT

Vicki said...

Great layout. Love the tag. I've used "stuff" in place of pop dots too. Hope you feel better soon and life gets better at your home. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Vicki
LMDT

Debbie Smith said...

Your page is fantastic Tina. Get well soon! xox

Brises said...

This is a sweet layout. Love the way you add the embellishments. Just beautiful:)
Thanks for playing along at BITW!

Amy said...

It's been a few days since this post, so I do hope you're feeling better and things are looking up -- Being sick and stressed are just not a good combo at all!! Sending some hugs and prayers your way... As for your layout -- It is JOYFUL!! :) I love your little quote -- It's so perfect for so many families!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!! :)

Lasting Memories DTM,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Rachael Funnell said...

Such a FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS Layout!!
Such a GR8 Design.....
THANKS for Sharing with US @ KIU & Bird Is The Word......
xx

Jasmine S said...

What a fab Chrissy page. I always find them hard to do and I think you have worked it really well.
Thanks for joining in at BITW.

Cathy said...

LOVE your Christmas page Tina, such cute embellishments!! Thanks for playing along at KIU, hope you feel better soon :))

lindy said...

Such a great Chrissie page ...love the papers and embies....thanks for playing along at KIU

Brises said...

Och, this is so lovely!

Helen Tilbury said...

Love this sweet and simple layout! Thanks for playing at Bird is the Word!!