Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hmmm...crafting vs housework

Are there any bets floating around regarding which I did more of yesterday??  Since the vast majority of y'all are crafters as well, I think yiu know what direction I headed in.......yup! My house is still a mess, actually, even MORE so because I am a messy crafter......lol.

I had a wonderful package come to me in the mail a couple of weeks ago FULL of some awesome Jillibean soup goodies. I wish I knew who to thank because I can't find the package it arrived in. :(  I totally LOVE Jillibean Soup! The mixture of bright fun colors and kraft papers is enough to send me over the edge and sit staring with drool running down my chin. And I am super excited that they are coming out with digital scrapping products!!  Everyone is starting to go this direction and it's really cool.  I actually started my scrapping life as a digital scrapper and there are some things you can do digitally that is impossible with paper.  Doesn't mean i don't still love you paper!!!!! Its also a great way to add that lil something to you photos before you print them. Did you know that when you do that yo are hybrid scrapping without even knowing it??? YUP!!! Adding text to a photo digitally counts too!

So hybrid scrapping is way easier than you think!

And why I just went off on that tangent I dunno........I have nothing hybrid or digital to share with you today......LOL.  Blame it on the coffee :):):)

Ohhhhhh I know now!!

Back to Jillibean Soup......they have a sketch challenge up that I FINALLY got around to doing....and it's a sketch by the beautiful and talented Julie Bonner!!!  Yup! The Sketch Goddess herself :)  I love almost anything she creates...they are all so clean and easy to work with and I am never stumped.  If ever anyone comes out with a scrapbook sketches for dummies book....I sincerely hope she is one of the contributors.....lol.  I honestly have a folder on my laptop called Julie......full of her sketches.  And occasionally my sweet, wonderful  and crazy friend Julie Tucker Wolek wanders in there :)  I have never seen a sketch from her tho....she mostly just sneaks in and draws smiley faces on everything.....such a vandal :)

Here is the awesome sketch.....

And here is my take using Jillibean Soups Summer Squash Soup collection....
As tho th colors weren't nearly bright enough i decided, for whatever reason, to spritz it with Lemon Zest Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist......just a wild hair I guess.....lol.  I used a journaling sprout and stickers that were included with the collection and my fav of all the Thickers I own :) The ticket is just something Jacob brought home from a football game I think.  I used the little alphas as well in the title work and the color makes them kinda hard to see so I outlined them with a lime green bic marker.  It shows up better in person so y'all ALL should really pile in the car and take a road trip to Knoxville to have a gander at my scrapbooks.....lol.  Our football team sucks so plan to tailgate here at the house :):) The only bowl our Vols are going to this year is the Toilet Bowl......just sayin :):):)

 Here is a closer look at the title......
And I used the scraps from this page to do this sweet little card for a friend based on this weeks Clean and Simple 164 sketch.
And since I am sending it out on Monday I went ahead and finished the inside as well....
And as if that were not enough ........check out this awesome little sketch at Sketchy Thursday this week!!!
I totally adore it!!! I love Sketchy Thursday but don't play as often as I would like.....I have another folder with nothing but sketchy thursday sketches.....truth!!! And miraculously it's full of smiley faces too!!!!
Speaking of smiles, I smile every time I look at this photo.  Jesse at 3 months old....OMGosh where has the time went???????? He is so sweet here.  I love babies....LOVE EM!!! If only they didn't grow into such bitchy teenagers......sigh!!!!

These papers are all also from Jillibean Soup.....I LOVE the white on kraft one....I was gonna hoard it but where is the fun in that?? A couple of journaling sprouts stacked on each other for his age and I adore that blue paper as well....I used both sides, the graph side and the dotted side and added a band of white card stock I punched with a fiskars punch.  The alphas are MLS and the glittery ones are Pink Paislee...they are just sparkly and beautiful......again, my limited photography skills doesn't do it justice.  But it is a beautiufl page, even if I created it......lol

So.......My plans today?? To get my house clean!!!!! I have a pile of laundry so large right now it is ready to come to life....it is spilling out of the basket and hamper and we have to kick it out o the way to get to the toilet......lol.  Wonder if Martha's house is like that???

Notice I said "get my house clean"........I have boys home today that at some point in between football games will no doubt start complaining about being bored.......hehehehe.  You would think after all of this time they would learn not to utter that phrase in my presence because it always ends badly for them :)  And this leaves me free to tackle the rest of the challenges I am wanting to get thru for the month.  Just in time to start it all over again......lol..

The kids and I have a candy experiment a little later, I will share the details tomorrow probably.  And gotta go find a punkin too :)

I hope you can get out and enjoy your day........or if the weather is cruddy like it was here yesterday get some crafting done!! It will boost your spirits I swear :)

Hugs n Stuff!!!
Tina

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I soooooooooooo love love love your lo's and that card!! You are AWESOME-sauce!! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lesli said...

Wonderful projects - the sketchy Thursday LO is beautiful and I love that photo!