Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lily Bee Sketch challenge #2

Happy hump day!!!

Is anyone else having issues with blogger??? Or am I just special?? lol.  I am haivng so much trouble getting the site to load.  I can get onto individual blogs with no problem, however it's not being very user friendly when it cones to the dashboard.....and it keeps telling me I'm not following any blogs......maybe I follow so many I broke blogger?????

Well today was weigh in day.....don't ask.......lol I gained 2.8 lbs this week????? Not sure how...I have long suspected that I am a freak magnet and now apparently I am a fat magnet too....lol, On to next week!!! I am trying really hard not to dwell on it and feel discouraged. If I had pigged out all week I would be OK with it. But I tracked everything and really tried hard :( Most likely its all other nature's fault.....she has paid me a second visit this month with that stupid red box!! Have you seen those commercials on TV for some pad or other? I have been traumatized for life by those commercials.....anyone comes near me with a red box....I'm punchin em right in the nose!

Just sayin!

Anyway......what a topic to get stuck on......LOL. Wanna see some scrappage??? I recently received a pack of Lily Bee's Domestic Bliss from My Scraps And More.....please check them out!!! They have a forum, that I have yet to check out......and a blog.....and a shop......yeah, they are pretty awesome!!! And every Friday they have a giveaway on the blog, just a heads up :) And altho the papers are really beautiful....I really have yet to find something to actually scrap with it. And I have been trying really hard!! lol So in my blog travels yesterday I saw that Lily bee has a blog AND challenges!! WOOOT! This is the 2nd sketch challenge......and you are playing for fame, glory and more Lily Bee goodies!!!! And of course the peace of mind that comes along with getting another page scrapped and in the album :) OOOOOOHHHHHH!!! And this week they have a blog swaparoo thing going on with Elle Studio and each day you have a chance to win goodies at both blogs!!!! Well worth checking into people!!!!!  The sketch was a pretty simple one with room for creative license :)
And so long as you use ONE Lily Bee product you can play along!!! So I pulled out a paper that kinda reminded me of Halloween and used the banner stickers, cuz I love me some banners!!!
I picked these photos of Jesse as a scarecrow a few Halloweens ago.......BTW, he did NOT read the memo that said he could not grow up!!! I need to have a talk with him!!! He's 7 now and such a big boy!!

At first glance when I finished it the whole thing was really too clean....so I went over it with some brown ink and kinda dirtied it up some....
It's kinda hard to see but I used Bo Bunny letter stickers from Et Cetera to journal with and as part of my title (Um, that mismatched look is totally intentional!! NOT!!.....lol) The chipboard ones are from colorbok.....I found them at Big Lots, if you have a Big Lots near you check and see if they have scrappy goods....GREAT deals!! And those super cute flowers are from Precocious Paper and out of the October Sampler. It was a HUGE flower with many layers of fabric and felt....MANY!!! And it was the only one I had and I loved how it looked on the layout so I snipped into it (Sorry Tessa!!!) and made 3 out of it. Added buttons, bakers twine the banner stickers and its good to go!

BTW....the title is So Cute its Scary :):)

I'm also playing along at The Paper Variety This Week.....yeah I know I just posted on for them yesterday.....I plan to be early with this one.....lol  This weeks mission, should you choose to accept it, and you SHOULD!!!! Is to create either a cute or spoooooky Halloween project.  I was a little weirded out by the fact that I actually created this one yesterday and saw this challenge today.....talk about spooky!! lol

And I never got back around to posting my cute lil fall card yesterday either......

Made with scraps from my Crate Paper Layout and some K and Co fall die cuts.  I think this lil scarecrow is almost as adorable as Jesse :)

I'm sharing him with the following challenges....

CRAFT Challenge Autumn
Anything Goes Challenge Blog To The Letter (add lettering to your project)
Celebrate The Occasions Fall
Crafty Creations  Fall inspiration
Scrapbook Sisters Anything goes

As always thank you so much for visiting with me, letting me bend your ear, and for you kind words and support.  I am reminded daily how blessed I am and how much I truly love the creative process AND community!  Without you Id just be another nut with a blog.......oh wait....um, that pretty much IS what I am!!! lol

Much love to you all!!!
XOXOX
Tina

23 comments:

girlia said...

Great job on both.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee that lo! those photos are sooooooo cute! And the card is ADORABLE!! Feel better my dearest! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Craft said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Jamilie said...

WOW! Love both!! Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Variety!

Laurie said...

Both projects are super cute, love that little one's grin!! Your card is fantastic!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

JULIANA said...

Both of these projects are awesome! I love your take on the Lily Bee sketch! And that little scarecrow is totally adorable!!!
I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog too!
HUGS!
Juliana

theelfqueen said...

Your card is super cute. I LOVE the page! The photos are so sweet and I really like the mixed letters!

Gaynor said...

What gorgeous creations, very inspiring, thanks for sharing with us at My Mum's Craft Shop challenge, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

Charlotte said...

Great projects and fabulous fall colors on both!!!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

What a fabulous layout. Adore the lettering.Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge blog this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Click Here to enter
Hugs
Tamara
Anything goes DT

Teresa Jaye said...

awwww, Jesse's so cute and so is your layout! That card is stinkin' adorable too! Glad you're getting some scrappy time in. Hopefully my studio will get straightened up and played in this weekend - since we're supposed to have SNOW on Saturday!

ScrapMyWay said...

Still laughing after reading your blog notes....I hear you!! LOVE the scarecrow (he's a little SKINNY!!) LOL
New follower and now I know where to go for a chuckle and some creative stuff! TFS over @ LOVE TO CROP
Claire
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Love your layout! Great card too! :)

Kylie said...

great mix of alphas and sketch..thanks for playing at TPV

Adrian said...

2 cute!

Steph said...

Super cute layout!! I love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Trail of Treasures said...

Oh my goodness! What super adorable fall projects you've created Tina! LOVE!! Now a new follower and would love for you to visit me at www.trailoftreasures.com. Thanks for celebrating with us this week at CTO!

Hugs,
Tracey - CTO DT member
www.trailoftreasures.com

Sandi said...

I hope you are feeling better Tina and I wanted first off to thank you for all the love and encouragement you are always leaving me on my blog. I love your layout and card . Fall is turning into my favorite time of the year to scrap. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety. Why don't you post your project on our Facebook page and mention that you want to be considered for the guest DT spot?

Sue said...

Such a cute scarecrow. And you page is fabulous. I love your fall card too. I hope your weigh-in has a more favorable result for you this week. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Variety.

Dilsaver Designs said...

Both are really beautifully done, so a great Fall duo! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

salma said...

What fabulous creations, very inspiring work in here.....
I like your all the layouts and cards.....
Discount cards
Pvc cards

Melissa said...

Too cute, good job, thanks for joining CTO!

Esther said...

The layout and card are both very cute!
And those pics are adorable!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!