Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sassy Lil Sketches Sendoff Sketch #7

Just in case you live in a bubble, Sassy Lil Sketches is closing down shop....wahhhhhh!!! I will miss em!! So I have some catching up to do with the Sassy Lil Send Off Sketches......And of course, I do things out of order, it's no wonder I never know whether I am comin or going!
I am on an 8 x 10 kick lately....I only have a handful of these sized layouts, and they are easier for me to store at the moment than the 12 x 12's, which is my first love. But it's fun to change things up sometimes :)
Grids rock! And I have been on a major scrap busting spree lately so this one was right up my alley. I grabbed my Basic Grey 6 x 6 Mellow pad, PERFECT for fall!!! And a couple of fall photos of the kids from last year. I feel lik I have a nice little groove goin on scrapping last years photos according to the season this year.....lol. See......I'm not REALLY behind!!! If I tell myself that enough I may even believe it.....lol.
This actually came together really fast. Grids are no brainers for me and I think I spent more time actually cutting and inking the squares than anything. I love how the background turned out, reminds me a quilt, and my quilts are already pulled out for this yeear because we have been having some really chilly nights!!
In addition to BG, I used Thickers and Bo Bunny alphabets, and dug thru some stuff and found these Sassafras Lass Paper Whimsie flowers that I think matches pretty well!! I used a fiskars Border punch to cut the scalloped bits and the leaf border at the very bottom...OMG, I have had them for YEARS! And when I say years I am talking about when Jacob (my 16 yr old Junior in HS) was a Webalo boy scout.....lol. I had originally found that sticker on a sheet with lots of other fall themed ones at Dollar Tree and we used them for his webalo badge project to create a scrapbook. We had several photos of him on camping and hiking excursions and they were left over from that project. So what the heck!!! I tossed them on there.....lol. The photo is Jacob and Jesse last fall when they were SUPPOSED to be raking leaves and cleaning the yard.
I also want to share this sweet little tag I made for a couple of challenges. Remember yesterday when i showed my prize from Artful Delight? There were some AWESOME little embellies from Melissa Frances.....and her packaging is almost as sweet as the actually product. A lot like Prima! I really liked the shape of it so I used it for the base of my tag.....just covered it with MME's Winter Glitter paper pad and came up with this cuteness!!
We have a pretty overcast day here in Knoxville today (and not just cuz our Vols got whooped yesterday!!) So it's reall difficult to see all the glitter going on here. It's on EVERYTHING!!! The striped, the dots, the little snowman's scarf and even the snowflake, which is a dimensional sticker from K and Co. I can't look at it without smiling!! I could put it on a card or use it for someone's Christmas gift but I think this little cutie is staying here with me and will go either on my tree or a wreath! I'm greedy that way!!
 
I'm linking my lil snowcutie up here!
Craft Your Days Away: tag It!
Crafting When We  Can Bingo challenge....Christmas, Distressing (hard to see in the photo) and anything but a card

I'm still feeling inder the weather so will probably be heading to bed early rather than staying up and crafting :(

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the lo!! LOVING that grid design and your tag is ADORABLE! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the snowman! :):):):):):):):):):):)

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous tag thank you for joining us at CYDA hope to see you again soon, good luck xx

Poppet said...

Great Lo Tina, you're right the papers work really well with the photos and doesn't it feel doubly good to have used some old stash on a new LO.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

carol said...

cute creation, thanks for playing along with CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN x carol

Mindy said...

Love the layout, Tina... I will take your word for it that it went together easily... looks hard to me :)
Your snowman tag is adorable...he will dress up a special package nicely.
Thanks for sharing with our Crafting When We Can Challenge :)

Lyn said...

Great little tag and a brilliant scrap layout.

Thank you for joining us at CWWC