Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day?!?!?!



I'm the type that kinda does their own thing....so here it is. World Card making Day. Am I making any cards? Um, not yet!! LOL.....I am neck deep trying to turn my scraps of paper into SOMETHINg so cool, I can't even tell you what it is.....national security. If I tell ya, I gotta kill ya. Simple as that......lol.

Look what I won this morning!!!!



YES!!!! Finally my addiction has paid off....no need for an intervention now right?????? And now I have some yummy chipboard coming my way for winning Scrappbookers Anonymous's Chipboard challenge for Sept!! That blog is so fun...and not just cuz I won something either....thats just icing on the cake! I have been soooo blessed lately with winnings......I think I am in love with Random Generator......Tina Random Generator....has a ring to it no???

Ehhhhh.......didn't think so!!! :) But I wnat this to be a lesson to those of

you that think you can't compete with all of that scrappy talent out there......if I can win it....YOU can!!!! There is no right or wrong way to scrap or create. Creativity doens't understand rules.....lol. So go forth and create and enter!!!!!! Everyone has a shot it you play long!!!

My house has turned into football hell today.......yay(rolls eyes) And it is dang cold outside.....54?????? Time to pull out the winter clothes and pray they still fit me....lol.

I was in the mood to scrap last night while I was waiting forn the boys to call for a ride home from the homecoming game last night. Which they won BTW......first game all year....lol. But if yo are gonna win just one came all year that is the one to do!!!! They were so excited they actually stormed the field!! Kinda cool :)

I used the sketch for this weeks Sketchy Thursday.....

Isn't that sweet? I loveeeee grid based layouts!!! I have only mentioned that a million times!! Er......a million and one now :)

And I actually picked the first photo I found.......and I am loving this......warning, the title is further proof of my twisted sense of humor :)

Truthfully I dunno if he was digging for gold here or not....BUT is sure looks like it.....lol. And the whole :you can pick your friend, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose" just kinda magically appeared in my head....lol. I'm weird like that :)
I used multiple alphas, obviously.......from Thickers, Remarks, Paper Studio and MLS. The base is MME and Bazzill. Used my new Basic Grey Mellow that was gifted to
me from Frosted Designs (and the papers are stunning!!) as well as the ribbon and flowers. I dunno where the library card came from....probably the library....shhhhhhhhh :)

I created one of the flowers with yarn and a button and paper scraps.....here's a closer look...

Isn't it cute?? And sooooooooo easy!!!!! What a great way to get rid of some of those stray bits we often have when trimming paper to fit a layout or card.

Aside from the awesome Sketchy Thursday I am also entering Scrapbooker's Anonymous mini challenge for LONGGGGG title :) If they come up with a long warped title...I'm ready!!! (they are running all of the Sept mini challenges until Oct 7...so you still ahve time to play!!!)

And Scrap The Boys..... who's challenge is...to use handmade "boy" embellishments.

And Lasting Memories Layout Challenge Blog where the theme is Frames and flowers.....I tried to mimic the whole frame theme with the paper layering in the squares and framed the entire layout with the other paper...kinda lame but I was totally lost with this one!!! I know I got the flowers part right tho....lol

And I reckon that's it!!

Now I get to go and referee a Monopoly game of all things....one of the boys just got ticked off and repossessed the others stuff......such a fun weekend :):):)

Toodles!!

Tina

20 comments:

Celeste said...

such a pretty layout....
Hope you will come join us for our Link Up for Pink lihking party.... We have 80 sponsors with over $3,000.00 in giveaways.
www.touchedbyabutterfly.blgospot.com

ChatterScene.com said...

Fabulous LO!

I can not wait to see your super top secret project..lol

Hugs

Brenda said...

What a fun layout. I also love the warm colors you used.
Great take on the challenge with adding your bits and pieces to the flowers. Great job
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories
Hugs
Brenda LMDT
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Lesli said...

Great page! Love the whole feel.

Kelly Massman said...

I adore this page!!!!!!!!!

Theresa said...

Hi there. Congrats on the SA win!!! that chipboard is sweet. I've seen it in person.. lol.. Lea will have it shipped out soon. I'm glad you like our challenges.
And i got a good chuckle reading your blog post. funny..i think we have similar sense of humor.. and that layout, even more cute!!! great title. Thanks for playing along with our mini stash challenges and celebrating our birthday month with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. It's been fun.
=)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on winning SA! And loveeeeeeeeeeeee the lo!! Loving that photo and the title!! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays and Scrapbookers Anonymous!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

The Bookin Room said...

Your lo is soooo cute! I love your title, too cute! Congrats on your winnings and your blog is really fun to read! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
xoxo Charity

Lea said...

LOL! This is awesome! Love how you did the long title. The flowers and buttons are so cool and I love that tree paper! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

Laura (tweetyb) said...

Tina, I'm so glad you stopped by my blog & left me your blog info! I LOVE LOVE reading all your posts!! I just know that later today I will be going back to catch up on reading back! You crack me up! And I LOL'd at your LO title!! Love it!!!

♥ Laura ♥
tweetyb@satx.rr.com
http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

LisaM said...

Such a fun page and love your handmade flower!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh my goodness, I just love this layout! The colors are fantastic and that super long title is absolutely THE BEST! Love the yarn flower, gonna give that a whirl myself (-ha-whirl -get it? I crack me up.)
Fan-tas-tic job on this layout girlie!

lisa said...

Congrats on the win and love your fun LO : )
Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays x

Kasia said...

Great page! I love the title :):):) and those sweet flowers. Cute photo!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

LOL--too cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sketchy Thursdays! :)
Melissa

Jeanenne said...

Love the yarn flower. What a cute idea!! Thanks for playing along at Scrap the Boys!

corrie said...

LOL!!! Great!! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Heather said...

Too funny! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo Heather

Renee Aslette said...

Very cool layout. Love the title and the handmade flower is fabulous!! Well done!

lindy said...

Way cool page ...love the embies too...thanks for playing along at STB