Saturday, November 26, 2011

Twas the month before Christmas........



Hello and Happy belated Thanksgiving!!!

I realize I have been MIA in blog land lately.........many apologies!!!  This little thing called "LIFE" tends to get in the way sometimes...

Things are good here......I haven't been missing because life has been kickin my arse, just been really, really busy!!!  The kids have been extremely busy with school activities, sports, plays, ROTC stuff, bake sales......and as most of you know that usually means Mom is extremely busy too!! And we all went thru a bout of the creeping crud that just had to visit every single member of our household.  So, when i wasn't sick i was nursing sick people........always fun! So, not really a lot of time for keeping up and getting a lot of crafting done.

But I have a long weekend and I was thinking how cool it would be to do a "Month before Christmas" kinda thing on my blog.......maybe this will keep me blogging.  Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday.  So my plan is to do a post every day between now and Christmas eve, either posting a Christmas themed project (I have one for you today!!) photos, holiday recipes or just cute Christmas links I find on the web. Ohhhhh and in the next few days I am going to announce a giveaway!! Everyone has been so awesome to me......in my absence I only lost 2 followers.......lol.  So my guess is y'all either really love me (awwwwwwwwww) or you just hang around to see what is going on my crazy life.  Either way I am so thankful for each and every one of you and i want to show my appreciation.  Blog buddies are THE BEST!!! Seriously :)  Y'all rock more than a Taco Bell $5 box....and you know.....it rocks, it rocks!!!! or so sayeth Sir Charles Barkley......lol.

I have been doing a little crafting here and there.......mostly there.......lol.  I was flipping thru an old magazine and saw this awesome paper wreath.......it was actually a kit they were selling and the more I looked at it the more I thought I could easily make one of my own and it wouldn't cost me $30.  Plus I am dying for some new Christmas scrappy goodies but with all of the stuff I have around I really couldn't justify the extra cost.  So I did what any sane person would do.........I tried to use it all up.......lol.  I had a left over Dollar Tree foam wreath lying around and I knew I wanted something new for our Christmas decor.  So i decided to tackle this wreath and Ohhhhhhh my stars I LOVE how it turned out!!!!
Isn't it stunning????? Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy prettier in person because I used MME's Christmas glitter pad from a couple of years ago.  So dang easy to make......just took a couple of days and actually, if you have a free day you could easily finish this in a couple of hours.  Cutting and curling take most of the time......I don't have step by step photos (I wasn't thinking that far ahead when I created this) but seriously.....EASY PEASY people!!!!

1.  First find a cheap wreath.  Dollar Tree.......cheap wreath capital of the free world!
2.  This would work well with double sided paper.......I think actually it would be even more beautiful that way but I used what I had.  I took about 12 sheets of MME paper and cut them in 1/2 strips.
3.  OK.....we have all worked with curling ribbon when wrapping presents right? Well treat these strips as curling ribbing and run it over your scissors until it curls.  I did end up ripping some of the paper right in half like this.  MME has a really thick paper texture and this stuff rips when you distress it......but its OK.  I saved the ripped strips and used it for filler.
4.  Take the curled strips and start pinning them around your wreath until you get it as full as you like it.......somewhere along the way pin the ribbon to a bare spot on the wreath so you can wrap it and use it to hang.  Just pin your paper curls over the top of the ribbon and when you are don make a bow and your done!!!!

It doesn't show here but this is so glittery!!! This is definitely an INDOOR wreath!!!!! And it would make a great gift.  In fact I am making a few more to give as teacher gifts :)

We put our tree up last night and HOPEFULLY I can get some family shots today for Christmas cards!!  And I am hoping to get some thing together for my December Daily.....I swear I am going to do one every year and never do........this is the year!!!!

I'm linking up and sharing at these wonderful blogs.....

Design Dazzle : Share your awesomeness link up party
Crafts 4 Eternity: Recipe 47 Christmas Decorations
Kreations By Kara: Look what I made linky party
Carolyn's Homework: The inspiration board party link up
Little Red Wagon:  Challenge 108 Christmas Theme
Dittle Dattle: Amaze me Monday
Paper Issues Blog Design
Positively SplendidLink Party















17 comments:

Lizzie said...

This is great !!! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Liz

Christina Skinner said...

That's beautiful!!!! I loooove it. So glad to have you posting :) :) :) We miiiiiissed you :)

TonjiaT said...

I am glad you are back!!! even though I am not a scrapper I am going to follow your blog to see all of the goodies that you are making!

karenw said...

Gorgeous Tina!! Can imagine the glitterness. Good luck with all your crafting over the next month. xx

karenw said...

Ps we did miss you xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love that wreath!! I am thinking I might have to lift that one!!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Good to see you in bloggy land. Love your new blog background! And, the wreath is really pretty! :-)

pinky said...

Stunning! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Barb said...

Love this!

Rosanne said...

This is stunning, thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon!

Kate in Austin said...

Love it. I have a 'thing' for wreaths and love your creation.

Amy said...

What a pretty wreath! Would you share it here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-3-and-some-fabulous.html

Melanie said...

LOVE this! What a great idea!

Following your blog :)

Have a great day!
Melanie

michele said...

Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Lowri said...

What a wonderful project!
Thanks for sharing - visiting from Paper Issues
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

I love your wreath!! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday! We hope you'll join us again soon.

Anonymous said...

You really should consider using a different font. This one is SO hard to read that I didn't even make it to the instructions for making this lovely wreath.