Thursday, November 3, 2011

YSS sketch contest!!

Yeah I know.....

I have been a bad blogger....AGAIN!! It's a long story for another post.....which may come alter today, I'm feeling more chatty than usual :)

But right now I am on a mission to get my ass in gear and play along with the YSS sketch contest.  In case you have been living in a cave or something this past week you have probably hear that YSS will soon be shutting its virtual doors :(   I can't tell you how sad that makes me because I have done the vast majority of my online scrappy shopping there.  And let's not talk about how many times I tried out for their DT.....It was a bucket list thing for me....seriously.....right behind DT-ing for Echo Park and taking over the world.  And becoming Trace Adkins next ex wife....almost forgot that one!!! :)

Anyway......they have a pretty cool giveaway going on right now if you play along!  Choose a sketch or sketches from the gallery (you can enter this as many times as you want!!!!) But ya gotta git r done before midnight pacific time....I'm on eastern time and really have no clue what time that would translate to so I am a scrappin fool today since I slacked all weekend.

So I do have a couple to share with you and I may have more in me.....we'll see.  I seem to scrap well under pressure, and stress seems to make me creative........ which means I should be a freakin scrap guru of some sort by now.....lol

So here is what I got so far.....this sketch is from April 30
And i chose to scrap My "oh so cool" teenager Jacob.......he calls it swagger.......I call it BS!! And we know Mom is ALWAYS right!!!!
And his favorite saying right now is "You're so cool" and it is totally soaked in sarcasm.....no clue where he would get that from :) And the photo was taken July 4 while he was still a mere baby of 15.  See, he is 16 now and thinks he is all grown up.....ann knows everything.  yeah, i totally shoulda named him google :)
So I journaled that bit of "swagger" on my little framed handmade journal card.....everything here is from Crate paper except the letters...and those are thickers :)

Next up is this sketch. from Feb 19.
And I went a little nuts with pattern paper.  I can't help myself........I am not afraid of color at all....unlike a certain someone in this house who swears he really REALLY loves out walls white.  Well 30 years ago when they first painted this house they were white....and no I am not kidding....30 years since anyone has painted here.  I am color starved I tell you!!
For whatever reason this looks really washed out to me......but it's Echo park....so you know its bold and fun...like me of course :) And the lettering is Doodlebug Designs.

I do have some mojo left so I am gonna keep going until you are sick of me today......HA! Just cuz I can!


4 comments:

karenw said...

keep 'em coming, loving your work!!

All my kids have picked up the sarcasm gene, Henry got it at a very early age thanks to the influence of big brother and sister.. we parents suffer mightly at our know it all children's mouths...
xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee these!!! You rocked the Crate on the first one!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Great masculine layout and love the Christmas tree lo--too cute!

Maria's Craft said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [04 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria