Sunday, December 11, 2011

All I want for Christmas is to not be sick anymore!!!!!

Hello my wonderful blog pals!!!

What a month this has been.........holiday season is always busy but believe it or not I have barely even gotten started on much of anything dealing with the holidays! I wasn't be3ing a slacker!!!! HONEST!!! Seems like one illness, virus, ailment or inuury right after another has plagued this house in the past 11 days. So if I haven't been sick I am been playing nurse.....fun.....NOT!!! And of course not everyone got taken down at the same time....one of us would get it and a day or so would pass and then another one would bite the dust. We went thru the whole creeping crud of an upper respiratory infection........Bob had it the worst I think and is still kinda battling a lingering cough that just won't go away even tho he feels fine.  And we all had the stomach flu and I thought I was gonna die....... actually I may have even prayed for death a time or so. Then Steven got an ear infection.........sighhhhh.

Seriously.  It's been one thing after another.  I am ready for us all to be healthy again!!!!

I have barely done any holiday shopping.....or baking......or much of anything.

So now the crunch is on and I am doing my best to not let it get to me and get overwhelmed.

This has been my first illness free weekend in a LONGGGGG time so I spent most of the day yesterday getting my craft on :)  I made a couple of ornaments I will be sharing this week, and 5 cards!!! Thats more than I have done in the last month.....lol.  I kinda either HAVE to make my cards or buy new ones......Jesse found a box I bought one sale last year after Christmas on sale.  I keep them around for unexpected cards I may get.  Well Jesse decided to make one out for his teacher.....and his whole class, and his brothers....and me.......an entire box of cards that were normally something like $20........GONE.  What a stinker :)  And he insisted that I display my card and his brothers cards.......it looks like we have so many when in reality I have only gotten 2 in the mail so far.......LOL.

One of the cards I made was using this sketch from Frosted Designs. Card sketch #7

And please forgive me for not knowing what these papers are.....I got them in a grab bag a couple of years ago and since I am not a big purple fan I never used them.  But I created this card for my ex MIL........purple is her favorite color :)  And I got a brand spankin new batch of goodies from Precocious paper this month and LOVED how this worked out........it's still not "Me".  But it doesn't have to be since I am giving it away.......lol.
I think she will flip for it :)

Also sharing it over at Papertake Weekly for their "Anything Goes" challenge.

The Paper Variety has a fun challenge going right now too!! They are always so much fun to play along with.....one of my most favoritest challenge blogs EVER!!! They are super nice over there so pop over and say hey to them and play along.  While I was recuperating and not really feeling like doing much of anything crafty at all it will killing me because I had soooo many  great ideas for the challenges they were posting.  Every week is fun there!!

This week's challenge is to create a project inspired by a Holiday song.

This project actually began in my head a couple of weeks ago.  Over the summer during on of my excursions to Goodwill I came across 2 shadowbox frames for a buck.  Actually they wanted a buck each for them and I was willing to pay it because I really wanted the frames.  You can see the original "art" I brought home HERE.  .And I used one to create this gift for my Cousin with her then new baby girl HERE!

I'm guessing they were part of someones kitchen decor at one time.........one was a rooster and the other a cow.  So for this one this is what I began with.......
Hard to believe anyone got sick of looking at that in their kitchen huh? LOL!!!  I was going to cover it in burlap and paint chipboard letters and spell out Noel and stick in the frame. Actually I did have it covered in burlap and them pulled it all off while I found some cool winter themed paper from GCD Studios in a box that was stashed away......this is old stuff......I bought it a couple of years ago at least and I got it at Big Lots so it probably had been around for a while prior to landing in the store.  And I found some cute stickers from WRMK in the box too that I had gotten (also a couple of years ago) from Hobby Lobby's  clearance section.

It's crazy the stuff I have squirelled away and didn't even realize it.....lol.

So I covered this print with some paper and got creative with the stickers and came up with this little beauty!!! :):)
Obviously my song is "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"  :):):)

And guess what I used for the snow!!!!!!!! Epsom Salts!!!!!! Works PERFECTLY!!!!! And since this is a shadowbox you can shake it up and change up the snow drift........I dig interactive projects.......lol.
I popped everything inside up with foam tape.....
And added one of the sparkly snowflakes from the Precocious Paper kit :)
And popped up ever other bulb and added shiny silver cord for the light strand :)

This was such fun to create and I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!
So in addition to sharing this with my friends at TPV I am also sharing with the following awesome blogs and challenges :)

Thanks for stopping by!!
XoXo
Tina

Frosted Designs : Glitter challenge (snow is glittery and of course the glittery snowflake)
Quirky Crafts Snow
Crazy 4 Challenges A project with Santa on it
Alderberry Hill Make the scene Monday
Alphabet Challenge Blog W is for White Christmas (snow equals White Christmas)
Craft Envy  Saturday Spotlight
Crafting When We Can Friendship (Santa and Rudolf are friends right?????)
Dittle Dattle Amaze me Monday
Homework  Link party spotlight
I heart Naptime Sundae Scoop link party
Link Party
My Sheri Crafts Let it snow!!
Raise The bar Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
Photobucket
Raising memories  Sharing time

Keeping It Simple Motivate Me Monday
Keeping It Simple









Tatertots and jello  weekend wrap up












22 comments:

Christina Skinner said...

AMAZING projects, but I totally feel your pain. This is the first day in almost a week I've been able to remember. Monday the 1yr old came down with some nasty fever/vomiting business and after becoming extremely dehydrated Tuesday ended up in the hospital diagnosed with a kidney infection in addition to stomach flu. FUN! Wednesday hubby had to have surgery and then Friday started a snowball effect of Katie coming home from school at 9am after throwing up in class and I followed around 10am then Nick in the afternoon. Even poor hubby got it yesterday while recovering from surgery. Good news is the baby is feeling 100% and running through the house like an poorly supervised crazy child LOL. We are starting to return to normal and hope you guys are too! ((HUGS))

Letillia said...

All the projects are Awesome! Thanks for joining us @ MY Sheri Crafts!!

Letillia
divaof5.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love these!! That ornament on the card is BEAUTIFUL!!!! And LOVING what your did with that frame!! SOoooooooooooooooooooo cute cute cute!! Hope you are all feeling better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenny Evans said...

This is so adorable and so creative!! :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!!

Lana said...

Very pretty card! I love the flower - so gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Lydia said...

Great projects! Love the way you repurposed the cow one. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

DearHelenHartman said...

A collection of cute projects to be sure! Sorry to hear you've been ill - take care!

Lori Apgar said...

I am with you on the no more sick thing!!!

You make pretty cards!! Love the square shape and the variety of embellies!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

Sandi said...

I am a purple lover also so I am really diggin' your purple card and the shadow box is gor-jus, girlfriend!!Thanks for the tip on Epsom Salt...it looks just like snow. Thanks for playing with us this week at The Paper Variety. I hope you and all your family members feel better really soon.

rudlis said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Teresa Jaye said...

oh.my.goodness that shadowbox is fantabulous! (blogger says fantabulous is not a word, but they're wrong!) I love all of the dimension and the epsom salts are genius! Hope you all recover and have a wonderful Christmas!

Vicky said...

Pretty! I feel for you. There is nothing worse than being sick FOREVER. Hope you are back to normal soon. I am a new follower visiting from Crafts Keep Me Sane. Vicky from Mess For Less

Joanne said...

WOW! Wonderful projects! Really like them all! Your card for our Card Sketch Tuesday at Frosted Designs is beautiful! You say it isn't "you", but it sure is lovely! Hope you are feeling 100% real soon! So glad you joined us for our challenge, Aloha, Joanne.

Kelly Massman said...

I know what you mean about illnesses! We have just been really busy! I can't seem to find any time for crafting! Maybe this week!!! anyway, you definitely have your mojo on--wonderful work!!! :-)

Stampalicious said...

great take on the sketch, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous cards!

Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet for our "White Christmas" challenge

Hope you will join us again x

Angie said...

Gorgeous card love the rose and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
Angie x

Jamilie said...

Feel better! LOVE all your projects!! Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Variety!

Ann said...

Such a busy lady! So glad you are feeling better and shared your talent at Frosted Designs!

Caro said...

I do hope that you are an illness free household from now on! I just love the shaker snow card. Thank you so much for joining in with our snow challenge at Quirky Crafts.

Spyder said...

I hope you're feeling a lot better now too!! lovely card, no wonder youlove it it's such fun! thank you for joining Quirky Craft's 'Snow' challenge, hope to see you again for our next challenge, starting Sunday evening!
((Lyn)

Nasir said...

The details are very good in this card and the colors are very good.

plastic cards
plastic card