Monday, December 12, 2011

A few Cards...

Yes cards........

With a "s".......

Plural.........

Unbelievable huh :):)

I'm gonna try to keep this brief....I am exhausted tonight.  As soon as I got the kiddo's off to school this morning Bob and I took off to Walmart.  My least favorite place in the universe.  I used to love Walmart.  Then they closed down out little small town type Walmart in favor of one of the huge Super Center's.  Total chaos just about any time of the day.  I have been boycotting them for months now.  I'm not sure exactly how I was bribed into going today....I don't think I had adequate caffeine intake to actually be held responsible for my actions or decisions at the time.

But it wasn't so bad........no crowds and I could actually look at something without being shoved or ran over.  We purchased some heaters.........our central heat and air went out wayyyy back in the summer and with 5 growing boys we just can't manage a couple of grand for a new unit.  And it's been getting COLD here!! Well cold for the south.........nights in the 20s and 30s.......yeah I know.....whatta wimp!!!!  It rarely gets really cold  in TN........but we are about due for another freak winter event here......lol.  So now we have heat!!!

And know waht the temp is supposed to be tomorrow???

63 degrees.........LOL

Bring it on Ol Man Winter.......I'm ready for ya!!!

Let's see........I also got a couple new skillets........I REALLY want paula Dean Cookware........GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! But again........not in the budget.....sigh :(  It sucks being broke!!! lol

From there we dropped everything off at home and them went out for lunch and had a wonderful date at a little Chinese Buffet place and people watched.  Always fun finding people freakier than you :)

And got home just in time to run out and pick the boys up from school.

So all in all a rather boring day for me.....I dig that!!!!!  This year has had way too much drama for me....I'm ready for a little boredom!!!!

Ok....on to the cards!! I actually like these too :)  A rarity since I am not really all that confident in my card making abilities!!! Maybe it's a fluke but I'll take it :)

I have this little cutie I created using Echo Parks "Everybody Loves Christmas" from last year.  I actually used the MME sketch for this month.....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)  I think I was actually supposed to creat with My Minds Eye.......Oppps!!!! :):):)  Still it turned out Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so cute!!!!! I love the colors and the little deer is adorable!!!
I did add a journaling sprout from Jillibean Soup, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type in cream and that beautiful flower comes from Precocious paper .  You can't see how glittery it is here.....it's felt with tulle and a pretty little crystal bead in the center of the flower......
I'm joining the following challenges :
Card Makin Mama's: Christmas
Paper Sundaes: Anything Christmas


Next I have this more traditional style card using Cosmo Crickets "Jolly By Golly".  I tried to age it a bigt with some inking on the music sheet and doilie.
I really love how it turned out , no clue how I am gonna get it in an envelope tho!!  I think I will include it in a gift bag (that I am also going to decorate using this theme) for my elderly neighbor across the street.

I'm entering this one at:
Crafts 4 Eternity Color rfecipe red , green , and white
Crafty Hazelnut: Traditional Christmas
Creations by Gill M Red and Green

And finally I have one for Freshly Made Sketches using this sketch from Jennifer Timko :)
I think the papers are fancy pants and the little dodad chippy embellie is Cosmo Cricket
And that's all I have today!!!  I'm working on something but I'm not really quite sure what direction it's gonna take right now.......we'll see I guess!!!

Thanks for visiting with me today!!!
Tina

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AWESOME!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee them!! And girlllllllllll... it was colder in Phoenix today than it was there! LOL!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Hazel said...

You've been busy - lovely cards - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 50 - hope to see you again soon. x

sara said...

really sweet loving that cute reindeer thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x

Kelly Massman said...

such cute cards!!!! love the reindeer one the best!

pinky said...

What a gorgeous selection of cards! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Valerie said...

Lovely card and perfect for our red and green challenge, thank you for joining us this week at Creations by Gill McCall:)
Val x

michele said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Sandi said...

Hi Tina....Sounds like you and your hubby had a nice day together and your cards are AWESOME....especially the EP card ("Reindeer Crossing"). Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog....since that cute Santa was gifted to me I am not 100% sure on which Cricut cart it is from but I think it is Simply Charmed.

Izzyb said...

Your cards are just darling! I'm a new follower.