Sunday, December 18, 2011

Help!! I can't think of a clever post title.......

I never thought I would see the day........

Me........at a loss for words??????

I think I need a vacation or something!!!!

My mind is totally fried at the moment.........we had some teenage punk drama last night involving a boy that Jacob goes to school with.  That one deserves a post of it's own tho......so tomorrow watch out.  I will be on a rampage for sure!!  So consider yourselves warned.

After a few days of being rid of all of the sickie germs, you guessed it!  I have 2 sick boys trying to pollute my air space with their sick boy germs.  YUCK!  I'm hoping it's not strep........but I have a sinking feeling that it is. Jesse, my youngest, is still lounging in the pajamas he put on Friday night.  Complaining of a sore throat, a headache, upset tummy and an ear ache.  I am crossing my fingers that it is merely an ear infection.  Not that I want him to be sick AT ALL! But an ear infection is much preferred to strep!  My 11 year old is complaining of the same symptoms and I am still debating whether he is truly feeling bad or is just trying to cash in on the sympathy Jesse is getting.  So say a prayer for us.......we just have 3 days to get thru this week and then they are out until January 9th. Seriously...........January NINTH!!!!

Xanax take me awayyyyyy!!!!!!

So.....as you can tell I was in desperate need of some "me time" today.  And I took a break from the teacher gifts, class treat bags, family gifts, and cards to make something for ME!!! Just because! A totally selfish thing to do in the midst of the holidays I know.......I look really guilty don't I?? :):):):) The hard part of it is over with.......I just can't find my stupid photos.No doubt I put them away for safe keeping and totally hid them from myself.  Which means I will look high and low for them for the next 2 or 3 weeks and finally concede defeat.....send my digital images off to Walgreen's to be reprinted, get them home and that very day.........yeah.......the others will turn up.  Admit it......it has happened to you too!!! I can see the little smile and the nodding of your head while you are reading this :)

Anyway.......I decided to make a mini album.  This is only my 2nd one ever.  And I love putting them together.  Layouts are great but there is just something about a mini that is kinda therapeutic.  I created this for some winter photos I wanted to showcase but have them all in one spot.  So grab some tea or a shot of tequila (opps did I seriously just say that?????) and get comfy because I have quite a few photos to show ......photos of the photo-less mini album......

The cover.......


The rest are inside shots.....
I tried to get a decent photo of the flakes....I added some bling to them and it is really adorable in person!
Obviously you can see where photos will one day live......lol.   I really love how it all came together and I got to use a lot of lonely goodies from my stash that otherwise would have just lived in the box another year or two.  I used a conglomeration of different things to pull this all together. (didn't know people in East Tennessee knew the word conglomeration, let alone be able to use it properly in a sentence huh???? lol)

I started with a Nikki Sivils chipboard mini......all of the papers are VERY OLD GCD Studios Winter Wonderland.  I am trying to figure out why I never used them until now because I really love the kinda grungy look they have to them.  Hmmmm.......one of life's great mysteries I guess :)  I added stickers from Echo Park's Winter Time.  My very first Echo Park collection I bought.....ever.  (sniff, sniff.........I'm feeling so emotional now)  The big red and silver chipboard title is made with Cloud 9 Designs alphas, the silver glittery snowflake is from Precocious Paper's Dec kit, and placed strategically over the edge of the "W" to hide the fact the the "W" is actually a "M".......Bob would not shut up about that so I covered it up.......yeah none of us EVER interchange M's W's E's or 3's do we?????

I created the little journaling spots using  Basic Grey's basic white......the sheet that looks like lined paper....because I can't write straight without lines.....seriously...the scrap police would ask me to do a breathalyzer! Used more EP stickers........some from Everybody Loves Christmas....then used the negative image left behind on the sticker sheet to trace the snowman silhouette ,  I may embellish it, but for now I like the clean look of it.

And that's it!!  I love my little album!!!

I know......I can talk forever huh??? lol

I didn't create this specifically for any one challenge but I found a few to enter it in anyway.......I rock like that ya know......lol. So I am sharing at the following  killer challenges and linky parties :)

Alderberry Hill.......click the blinkie thing to go visit.....crafts, DIY's and recipes.....see what your friends in blog land are creating!












Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday (click button below to visit!!)





Alphabet Challenge Blog W......White Christmas
City Crafter Challenge Blog Get booked!!! Make or alter a book
Do You Stack Up Winter
I heart naptime Sundae Scoop
One stitch at a time Anything goes
Make It Monday Linky Party Show em what you have been creating!!
The Pink Elephant Snowflakes and sparkle
Pile it on bling it up
CraftoManiac Manic Monday Link Up
Singing Three Little Birds Inspire Me Monday

Ande before I go I want to thank the wonderful girls over at Lasting Memories for featuring my "Snow Day" layout Friday!!!! Lookie what they gave me :)
Lasting Memories

Ain't they just the sweetest!!!!!! BTW......you need to check out the challenge this week! It's a goodun!!!  ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD they are having a DT call!!!!  Visit the blog for the deets!!

Til tomorrow........
Hasta La Vista baby!!!

Tina







32 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and cute all in one, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Michelle said...

Hi Tina

Oh what a fab little album!! I love the little blinged up snowflakes, so gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Don't forget to be in with a chance to win the fabulous prize from our sponser this week, just leave a comment for another entrant. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday! The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

Michelle :o)

Sandy Ang said...

What a cute mini !

Lori said...

Great mini, I love the snow and the blue themes. Found you at Make the Scene Monday

busybusyhoneybee said...

Oh jeez..must be the week for teen drama, my sis-in-law is going through it right now with her daughter and some guy supplying alcohol to her and some of her friends. DUMB kids, dumb adult! My teen is about to graduate High school next month and start College too! Now I'm really expecting the trouble to begin! haha

Anyway, I think I would title this beauty "Beautious Mini Winter Album!" I love it! I admire folks who can get into the whole scrapbooking thing! LOL I stick almost entirely to the card making!

Glad I stopped by from Make It Monday's site to see your wonderful bit of inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Karen C

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I thought that was Nikki's mini :) North Pole Nights :):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the mini!! Sooooooooo ADORABLE!!! And hope everyone feels better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):)

pinky said...

I love your mini album, the colours are so frosty and cool. I caught you on MIM this week. Hugs
Pinky

Doreen said...

Wow this is just gorgeous.just popped over from MIM.xxx

Loz said...

Fantastic project Tina.. Good luck with the teenagers..Saw this on MIM..Loz

Marjorie said...

Love this little mini album, you've done a great job hun...really love it!
Saw this on MIM xx
Marjorie
xx

Ros said...

This is so lovely ... glad you took time out to play along with us this week at CCCB ... Thanks!

Hazel said...

Well, you had me hooked the minute you said you were ALMOST LOST FOR WORDS! Wow,you can talk as much as me - but I really enjoyed reading it all. Your mini album is pretty cool too. Have a very Happy Christmas and all the best for the year ahead. I hope the boys are feeling better soon. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

wannabcre8tive said...

This is very cute, Tina. I am visiting you back from MIM.

Linda R. said...

This is super cute. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

so beautiful card….. love the combo and cute image
i see it on Make it Monday….
Hugs
Bella

Dr Sonia S V said...

The color is so soothing!
Thank You for all the kind words on my blog
Cheers from India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous album, Tina! I love all the papers and details you put on each page. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Denise and Louise said...

Great little album.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

cnelson said...

Just as cute as cute can be! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Erin said...

Your album is so adorable!!! Great job.

Lisa M said...

Preserving My Sanity.....that's what came to mind for your post title..LOL.
LOVE your book and so glad you took time out for yourself...a mother's work is never done and that's usually because I'm in my craft room opting out of doing the "domesticated blah, blahs." LOL

Thanks SO much for sharing with us at Make It Monday. :D
Good luck to you,
Lisa xx

Kelly Massman said...

love the album! so cute!

Cheryl First said...

Wow! This is fantastic! Tell Bob he doesn't understand, he'll never understand, and to not even TRY to understand the "M" for a "W" dilemma.......*SIGH*.....men.....I tell 'ya! lol!

Joanna King (aka Asia K) said...

Lovely mini album, love the colours and papers! Thanks for sharing on MIM ;).

As for the altered candles, there is no problem with stamping phrazes etc as you put the tissue onto the candle with the stamped side up, so it's the right way up:). Hope it makes sense lol ;)

Happy Christmas!

Pritesh Ananth Krishnan said...

I love it!

Hanneke said...

Wow, such a cool album! Saw it on MIM. Hugs, Hanneke

Mrs A. said...

Just returning your visit to me on MIM. Your little album is fab. hope your boys are feeling beter now. Hugs Mrs A.

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL mini album!! Great JOB!
Thanks for joining us at ALPHABETH Challenge Blog.
Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

kbrandy4 said...

This is fabulous!! Saw it on MIM!!
Merry Christmas!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Shirley-anne said...

popped in from MIM .Happy I did. This will be a great coffee table centre piece one day .Love each page and its embellishing

Nasir said...

Very beautiful!!! I really liked it.

plastic cards
plastic card

Sheena said...

Sorry I'm just getting around to commenting on your fab creation now - it's been a very hectic but very enjoyable Christmas!
Your mini album is absolutely stunning!
Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog - our new challenge is now up and running!

Sheena
xxx