Saturday, December 31, 2011

My "one word" LO for 2012

I am sneaking in under the wire with this one.........

Have you seen the "one little word" posts all over blog land? I don't think I did one last year?  I really wanted to jump on the band wagon for this one tho because I have seen so many inspiring stories about everyone's "one little word" And the fact that this is also one of the challenges over at ScrapFIT right now also played a small role in my getting this LO completed.

We also know that I am really horrible at limiting myself to just one word.........lol.

But I gave it a whirl!!!

My "one word" for 2012 is GIVE!

Why give?

Well, for me it means a lot of different things.  We all know I am really good at giving people hell, giving bad drivers the finger, giving my two cents worth whether it is wanted or not.......lol.  Yup! that sounda a lot like me so far :):):)

But for this year I want the word "give" to have new meaning in my life.  

I plan to GIVE thanks every single day for what I have.  For my friends, my family.......I am thankful for it all! I just don't always show it....and I should.

I want to GIVE people a reason to smile and laugh everyday......and I try!!

I want to GIVE more freely of myself and my time.  Seems that lots of times I am just too busy, too tired, too lazy (the list goes on and on) to do something.  I don't want my kids to grow up and tell their children that I was "too" busy to be fully involved in their lives.  

I want to GIVE myself a break once in a while.  I am my own harshest critic.  I need to step back once in a while and tell my inner voice that i am a pretty cool gal!  And it's OK to not be able to do it all! BTW.....I CAN do it all....just not at once :)  

There are so many things each of us can give that don't cost anything.  You can give a stranger a smile and a hello and totally brighten their day.  Give them the spot ahead of you in the grocery line, or the closer parking spot........these are all just little things we can give :)
So here is the layout........now that I have bored you into a coma :)  This started out to be a pretty clean and simple layout...but as usual I spotted the journaling spots, then the embellies.....and I had to go crazy........lots of killer color on this page.......Crate Paper's Restoration line scraps that I just LOVE!   Even the pin.......lol..I used all the various journaling bits to do my journaling on.....cut some cute little pennant style strips and layered them. And really, even tho this looks very labor intensive the whole thing came together in less than an hour.  

In addition to playing along with Workout #57 at ScrapFIT (btw......they are looking for a new team of scrap girls!!! I know some of you would be perfect for the team!!) I am also playing along with If The Shoe Fits Scrap It's challenge to use your stash.  These scraps have been laying around in a box for months and the yellow thickers are about 2 years old!!

I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year!! Whether you are going to be out and about or like me....sitting at home ringing in the new year.....be safe!! I wanna see ya again :)

And tomorrow I have something special to share with you too!!!  It's another something I have had to be quiet about.......who knew I had it in me......LOL.  Gotta come back I guess and see what I'm talkin about!! I'll also post my resolutions tomorrow if I haven't broken them before i get around to posting......lol.

Hugs!
Tina

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your OLW!!! And loving that lo!! I love that photo of you, and all those YUMMY pennants!! Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Gorgeous layout!

Sandi said...

This layout is freakin' gorgeous! And not that time consuming????I am all over that -- I just might have to scraplift it if you do not mind. Congrats on the GDT spot over at The Paper Variety. I am SURE your ROCKED the challenge. I really feel this will be your yrear to shine AND your have your priorities in order judging from your awesome OLW. Happy New Year Tina!

Cammi said...

Wooowwwwzzzzzaa! I love this LO! Thanks so much for playing with us at ITSFSI!

Penny said...

Thanks for joining us at if the Shoe fits, great use of your scraps