Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Real" Housewives?!?!?!?!

OMG........have you seen this show??

I have been chillin at home today watching Bravo.......I had no clue that Bravo was such a chick channel......LOL.  Early this morning I watched a couple of episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker.  LOVE that show and LOVE Patty Stanger......lol.  I know I am most likely in the minority, but I really love her bluntness....I'm a "say what's on your mind" kinda person too.  Surprising I know.......lol.

Then Real Housewives of Orange County came on.......and I have been glued to this train wreck all day.......lol.  Apparently there is a marathon on.  I get so hooked on really bad  reality shows.  Seriously....it's like an addiction.  And it's REALLY nice to see these rich chickies have problems despite having money flyin out of their butts......lol.  One has just been evicted from her home...they owe $10,000 on a rental house deposit.

Are you serious?? What kind of rental home has a $10,000 deposit?????  For some people that is actually a down payment......and I can honestly say in my lifetime I have lived in places that didn't even COST that kind of money. (think trailer park.....and no I am not kidding!!!)

And even though her family has just been evicted, her g/f's talk her into going on a shopping trip to San Francisco!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhh, sureeeeeeeeee......I'm homeless but DAMN I look good!!!!!

Boggles the mind!!!!!

I hope if they ever do a Real Housewives of Knoxville they pick me!!! BWHAHAHAHAHA!! I dunno if they could handle my special brand of :"real" :):):):):)

Now you know how I spend my day......Don't judge me....I get an evil sort of pleasure out of seeing people more dysfunctional than myself.....it happens so rarely....LOL.

Ok.........that is my mindless rambling for the day....wanna see some projects??  :):):):)

First up I have one for Lasting Memories Layout Challenge Blog.  Winter wonderland and falling snowflakes challenge :)  You really need to head over and see those who have been featured so far....WOW!!!! I may be steppin in over my head joining along....they are FABULOUS!!!!  I tried and tried to find some photos of real snow.....lol.  I say "real" because we don't really get a LOT of snow in this part of Tennessee.......true, we live about 30 minutes from The Great Smokey Mountains.  They get snow all the time.......here in Knoxville we are kinda situated right smack in the middle of a valley.  Almost all the bad weather that moves in totally by passes us us.  BUT on those rare occassions when we get an inch or two......OMG the whole town freaks out....stores run out of milk and toilet paper.......scary!!!  So here is my page....and I kid you not, they cancelled school for this!!!!!! Check it out :)

LOLOLOL.......seriously....CANCELLED SCHOOL!!!!!!!! I used a digi kit called Jack Frost by Laura Deacetis of Shabby Pickle Font is 2peas Champagne Created in PSPX2.  Lack of Snow by Mother Nature , of course :) I just love that little button snowman !!!


And I have been furiously working to get some cards created and mailed out!!! Um, I have them created but not mailed :(  Actually I have SOME created......Hopefully I can get them sent out before next Christmas!!!


So here are a few!
LOVELOVELOVE the snowmen!!!! This one uses Echo Park's "Everyone Loves Christmas" the plain white is American Crafts card stock and the button is just a rnadom button I pulled from someones clothes.......no, kidding!! It's actually a vintage button (I got a huge lot of these super cheap at a church rummage sale) and it doesn't show here but it is sooo pearly looking and pretty!! And used Cardabilities Sketch #45


Playing along with:
The sisterhood of crafters Christmas/celebrate the holidays
Raise the bar: its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Papertake weekly I'm dreaming of a (insert fave color here) Christmas......BLUE
Cardabilities Sketch 45 





This one is a mish mash of stuff..........Bazzill, Karen Foster and Cosmo Cricket.  Another vintage button and some jute :) No sketch...pretty easy design and just winged it :)

Joining in at:
My time to craft Vintage Christmas

I saved my favorite one for last :):):)

I used CPS sketch 143 and turned it on it's side for this one and used Echo Park Everyone Loves Christmas (yup again!!!)and some red yarn (red lion) The banner and the little "together" chippie is Bella Blvd......lettering on the chippie is My Little Shoebox.  Isn't is neat how well they all go together????? I LOVE the color combination and the way the red just pops!  OH!!!  The little snow driift is plain ol burlap from Hobby Lobby's bargain bin.  Not sure why i went with the burlap but I really like the way it all goes together.....lots of texture.  I know it doesn't look like real snow but we are all grown ups here and realize you don't put real snow on a card because.....well, it melts......lol.

Playing along with these awesome challenges :)
Winter Wonderland Challenge: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!
Use it Tuesday Holiday
The Paper Variety Anything goes! (btw...the deadline is looming for their design team call!!!)
Scrapbookers Anonymous A to Z challenge letter E is for.......can you guess??? ECHO PARK!!!  And I must say I am pretty bummed about the fact that they discontinued the Fresh Face Designer thing! (pout) I hope they do a design team call SOON!!!!! Cuz I am dying to be a part of it!!!!
Paper Sundaes Anything Goes (you can enter 3 times!! this is my second)
ABC Christmas Challenge Y is for YIPPEE Its almost Christmas (seriously thats what it is!!!)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I so appreciate each and every one of you!!!!
Hugs n stuff!!
Tina

29 comments:

Michele F. said...

Tina Tina Tina... I love love love your layout!!! I can't beleive it's digital. So fabulous! I LOVED reading your synopsis of the RHW. Oh my gosh.. .my Hubby gives me a bad time because where I live the Bravo station, the E station and VH1 are in the channel 60 category. So whenever I can't sleep.. he always knows I am watching my "60" channels! :-) Real Housewives, Millionaire Matchmaker and Dirty Soap. Have you seen that one yet?? It's another hook, link and sinker. anyways... I am off track. I LOVE your layout this week and thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!! Good to SEE you... it's been a while.
Michele
LMDT

Kim said...

AWESOME Digi! LOL about the snow and canceling school! Here in Mid-Mo it sometimes happens! Good Luck and thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories! Have a Great Day,
Me-Ma Kim
LMDT

Mynnette said...

Love all of your projects--especially that LO about the "snow" day! Made me laugh out loud!!! LOVE all your little snowmen, too! Happy holidays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe.... little known fact about me... my BFF (who I consider a sister!) is RELATED to those two sisters on Housewives NJ!!! LOL!! Talk about train wreck... those girls are married to my BFF's cousins!! The mansion they run...I've been there and it's amazing!! (Shhhhh...built on mob money! LOL!) I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo and love love love love love the cards!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Katherine B said...

super cute projects and we all have to have a guilty pleasure OR two! Many of my friends (including male friends) watch the Housewives of OC but I don't; my train wrecks are the Housewives of Atlanta! I also watch Weeds...crazy folks who make us seem soooo normal!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love the little button snowman too. Your layout is so cute. I can't believe its digital. You did a great job on the LM challenge this week. Thanks for joining us and I loved your story. I taught 33 1/2 years and never got a single day off for weather. Oh guess I should say I live in Southern Cal. LOL

Sonya said...

Wow--you've been busy! Love all of your projects, so glad you joined us at UIT this week!

Hugs,
Sonya
www.sonyaspapertrail.blogspot.com

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW you've been busy and they are all fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge and please come back again soon!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Diane Davies said...

What great projects! I love the snowmen on the cards, too cute. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

Vicki said...

Great layout. I love the colors and your use of buttons. Wonderful. Of course TN closes school for an inch of snow. There aren't the snow plows and such that we have in Northern Michigan. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Vicki
LMDT

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Hi Tina, OMG!! LOL! about the shows and I have to admitt I watch them too LOL!! New follower to your blog an love what I'm seeing:) Beautiful layout and cards!! Happy Holidays!!
Hugs,
Norma

Kelly Massman said...

Your post really made me laugh--and I needed that. I love all your projects--especially the snowman cards!!!

The Scorpian Crafter said...

Umm is that really a digital layout?? I really thought it was paper!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
Caryn LMDT

Haven_mom4 said...

Super cute LO. Thanks for joining us at use it Tuesday-Haven

Shanna Shands said...

Aren't you a busy bee. Isn't Bravo addicting. I think it is nice to see the different lifestyles... funny thing is everyone always says money is the root of all evil and that it doesn't make you happy. It does make the world go around sort of speak and these families.... rich folks have just as much problems as lower class...they just fight over stupid things though and most of the families are so unhappy! Great job with the LO and the cards are cute too. Thanks for joining Paper Sundaes.

Lydia said...

Really cute projects! Love the snowmen on the cards. So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

artfuldelight said...

I LOVE reading your posts, they crack me up every time. You sure are a "say what's on your mind" kinda gal.

Your LO and cards are FABULOUS!!! Love love love them! :-)

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!(posting this today in case I don't make it back before next week)

Sandi said...

I love reading your blog Tina...you really have a gift for writing....and you are zany! We would get along great IRL. These projects are awesome especially the digi page. The card is awesome....I LOVE the banner. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety.

Karen Wilson said...

Oh how I get a kick out of your posts!!! Your LO this week is amazing and you absolutely kicked butt with our challenge this week. Love this!!! Thank you SOOO much for joining us at Lasting Memories!! Congrats on being featured too, you certainly deserve it girl!

Suzy said...

Great stuff Tina! Thanks for joining The Paper Variety's anything goes challenge :)
- Suzanne :)

Izzyb said...

I love all your projects. Wow, they are fabulous. You have a great style.

Nicole said...

WOW! You have been busy! Beautiful projects, all of them! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

Lynnda Hosni said...

Awesome Projects!!!! Love the snowmen on the cards. So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous...hugs..xoxo

Ribbon Girl said...

Nice cards and I love the button snowman - very cute! Thanks for joining in with Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

wannabcre8tive said...

Your scrapbook page is awesome, girl. I love the brown and blue and all the great details. A very cute snowman card, too.

Theresa said...

Lots of inspiration... i love watching guilty pleasure shows. Ya gotta do it once in a while. =)
Your digi layout is awesome as are your cards. such cute designs. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

TannyP said...

Best snow day layout ever =) Love all of your beautiful creations and we're so glad you took time to join in the fun and play along with the Sisterhood of Crafters Christmas Challenge!

Lea said...

Such a. entertaining read... as always. And fabulous creations as always!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

Julie M said...

Great work, Tina - the LO is hilarious, I can't believe they cancelled school for that little dusting of snow!! Great Christmas cards too.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay.

Julie :o)