Friday, December 2, 2011

TGIF and a simple Christmas project

Well, so much for my posting every day between now and Christmas huh? lol.  Gosh........I have been SUPER busy!!! The creepin crud is creepin back around AGAIN and right now one of the youngins has is and Bob is getting sick again.......LOVELY!!!!!! Tis the season I guess?????

The house is empty right now cept for me (YAYYYYY!!!) and altho I really should be cleaning or something I wanted to check in and say hey :) Heaven only knows when I will have another minute to myself to post!!!  I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend and home snuggled in the covers (it has gotten sooo cold here at night that I don't wanna get up!!!) but tomorrow is an early morning because Jacob and Steven are both marching with their ROTC unit in our Christmas parade!!! Very cool!!! Jacob was hoping he would have his service dress uniform by tomorrow but it's not gonna happen.....he was promoted this week to CHIEF Petty Officer!!! I coulda told them he was petty if they asked......lol.  Steven got his first promotion as well to Seaman....WOOOOOT!!! I am so proud of my boys!!!

Maybe I can get a few more decorations up.......I have been on a major cleaning kick this past week......seems like as soon as I get it clean they come thru and next thing I know I am looking at rubble everywhere.  I did a ton of laundry yesterday and started on about 5 projects......lol.  They all involve painting so I got that step right out of the way and just painted them all at the same time.  And I FINALLY scored a frame I want to use for my super awesome wreath project I have locked away in my mad little mind........everyone is looking at me like I am crazy when I tell them its a wreath.  Men just don't get the whole creative vision thing unless it involves beer and boobs.  I hope to have it done by monday....which may be a little on the ambitious side but ya gotta set goals right? LOL!!  And of course I forgot to take a photo of my before until I was half way thru the painting process.....

Awful pic.......but I found the frame at a thrift store for $5.....broke my heart to pay that much but this is the size I wanted.  It had a cardboard print in it....no glass...and was uber tacky.  I popped it out and cleaned the frame and threw a coat of this red paint on it.......I think it's gonna turn out AWESOME!!!!

Oik, so the one finished thing I have to show you isn't really such a big deal.......I don't have a before photo for this one either cuz the kids deleted it on me.....grrrrrrrr!!!!! Why must they mess with Mom's stuff?????

I had a candle warmer thing that was huge.....my mother had given it to me and it wouldn't work.  Figures, she is famous for passing her junk down to me and then telling me I must have done something to it because it worked PERFECTLY while in her possession......right (rolls eyes).Bob took it apart to see if there was a short or something in it and it was just shot.  But I tought it was pretty so I kept the top to it to put over the ugly candles I have in the living room. I actually usemy candles so yeah.... they sometimes burn funny and leave a messy looking jar behind.  So I took it and covered it with some EP Christmas themed paper........from last years collection...I think it is Everyone loves Christmas?????  (shrugs) and I picked up some EP stickers at Hobby Lobby from one of the new collections that I can't remember the name of either......lol.  I'm battin 1000!!! :):):):  I just wanted to "merry it up" some becuase the cover was kinda fall themed with a big pumpkin and apples and welcome sign on it......so here are a couple of shots....

Too much glare.......this one is better :)
I got the stand at Goodwill for 50 cents and it is super heavy! I will be able to use it for bunches of things so I am happy with it :)

I'm hoping to get some cards mailed out today.  I still have more to make yet ......I'm such a procrastinator!!!

Thanks for checkin in )

Tina

3 comments:

Christina Skinner said...

Hahaha...my mother in law does that to me too! LMBO!!! Great projects though :)

Kelly Massman said...

love the candle! sounds like you got a great deal!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yay for the boys! That's awesome!! Can't wait to see what you do with that frame!!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeee the candle!!! GORGEOUS!! :):):):):):):):):):):)