Monday, January 2, 2012

Black and White with a Splash Puhleeeeeeze :) TPV color challenge time!



AWESOME new challenge up this week at The Paper Variety and kickin off the new year they also have an equally awesome guest DT member!!!

OK.....sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face....it's just lil ol me!!! I know.....they need better locks on those doors cuz I slipped in and there is no telling what kinda scrappy damage I could do if left unsupervised for long periods of time :):)

Seriously tho......I am beyond honored that they asked me to join them for this first challenge of the new year!! They are such an amazing group of ladies and I am just glad they let me hang out there!! Thanks girls!!! Muahs n Hugs!!!

Things are changed up just a bit this year......the challenges are now running bi weekly so that means you have two weeks per challenge to wow them with your creativity!

This week we bring you a TPV color challenge!! (I so wish I had a horn to toot right now....it would make this so much cooler and annoy the crap outta my neighbors....hehehe)
I wish you coulda seen my face when they sent me my assignment.  Black and White with a kiss of color.....Soooooooo difficult for me!!! I love, love love color!! Every time I thought I was headed in the right direction I'd derail and it would look like a bag of skittles......I am not kidding, I have a small stack of projects I started on and then abandoned because I went crazy with color. (sigh) It's a curse I guess!!

But I am not one to be easily deterred and they DO call them challenges for a reason, right???? So I took some itty bitty baby steps and made a pretty simple card.  I am finding card making warms my scrappy brain up a bit and once I get the smaller project done a larger one isn't nearly as intimidating.
Obviously I went for black and white with a pop of red.  I loved these patterned papers and they have been hid away in a box for a couple of years.  The black on black on is a Paper Studio one and the black and white one is MME....meadowlark I think????? I printed off the sentiment using a digi stamp (I am totally digging these things lately!!!) and matted it up.......the image is actually someone's business card (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell!!!) See? I never toss ANYTHING away.......I will be on Hoarder's soon. I triple matted it and added the little black dotty things that I am sure have a much cooler name that I am giving them.....they are from Pebbles....and that stunning flower is actually 2 from Precocious Paper stacked atop one another.

Then I felt confident enough to dive into the layout........I have this super cute photo of Jesse and Jacob on Halloween.  This was actually Jesse's Halloween costume, he went dressed as his big brother :):):) Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!! Of course people looked at him like he was a nut when he told them who he was  supposed to be.......lol.  But still......all together now.....AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!  Jesse adores his big brother and looks up to him sooo much!!  They are separated by 9 years but they get along the best of any of the boys.....lol.  The glasses he is wearing are an old pair of mine with the lenses out of them :)
I have a combo of things here from Teresa Collins  One The Edge and Sports Edition 2.......I fussy cut out all of the little circles and do dads lining the bottom of the layout......PERFECT boy scrapping material!!! Alphas and journaling sticker are from Bella Blvd :)

Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....you still with me?????

Wait til you see the prize for this challenge! It's HUGE!!!!! And I am so dang jealous too!!!! LOOKIE!!!!!
Nope I am not kidding!!! I don't joke about October Afternoon goodies.....that would just not be right!!! It's the beautiful Farmhouse collection and you know the drill........ya gotta be in it to win it baby!!!!! You have until Jan 15th to link r up!!!

Have fun and good luck!!!
Tina

6 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

I was thrilled for you win I saw that you were guest designer!! Congrats! Fun take on the challenge! both things!

Suzy said...

Great projects for the challenge Tina!!! :) Thanks for joining us at TPV this week.
-Suzanne

karenw said...

Yay Tina, so excited for you!! Very cool card and Lo and I think I may have to join in this challenge. xx

Sandi said...

Love these projects and how clever is your son's Halloween outfit...to go as his big bro! Looks like he is a chip off the ole' block. I love your blogging. You really do make me LOL! Love having you as GDT member.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I just have to say that I am green with jealousy, dark, dark, dark green, over the fact that you have time to enjoy scrapbooking. I haven't been able to do it in so long because I had to move last year and I lost my scrapbooking room.

I absolutely love what you came up with!! Beautiful!

PS. Did I mention I'm green?

Sunny Vanilla said...

Awesome projects you're doing!!! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for stopping by my blog. BTW, I love the name of your blogs...the other one made me laugh a good belly laugh :-)

Take care!