Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hey Good Lookin!! Whatcha Got Cookin? New Challenge at LMLC!

EEEEEEK!!! I am a lil bit late in posting this.........Shhhhhhhhhhh!! Don't tell!!!  The punishment is a thousand lashes with a wet noodle and I just can't handle that today!!!!
It's a brand new week at Lasting Memories and of course that means a brand new challenge!!! (cue the applause!) You can check HERE to see the winner and top three from last weeks New year's Challenge. 

This week we have a recipe challenge! And not your typical one of these, 3 of these, stand on your head and use a glue gun to adhere 50 of these kind of a challenge....altho that would be fun not that I think about it :):)
This week we want you to share something to eat with us........a treasured family recipe, something you are known for bringing to church potlucks......or maybe you slap together a mean PB&J sandwich!! We want you to scrap it this week!!  

And this week there is another AWESOME RAK for the winner!! OMG I am drooling myself!!! My lovely DT sista Stacia (who by the way made it to round 2 at Practical Scrappers!!! WOOOOOT!!!! Go vote!!)  is sponsoring this week.  And look at whats for grabs!!!!
MME Lost and Found!!!!!! (Squeeaaaaaal!!!!!)

With being sick this one caught me a little unprepared.  I love to cook and actually there are TONS of things I amke that everyone raves over......know the saying don't trust a skinny cook??? Well, I assure you I am a most trustworthy cook!!! LOL.  I didn't have anything ready for this challenge so I dug thru some old photos and found these of Jesse being made to eat Chicken N Dumplins............I know, I am SUCH a mean mom!!!  He is the pickiest eater ever and actually studies his food looking for mysterious ingredients.  He refuses to eat red or green things.......lol.  And LOVES Cornbread but hates hush puppies because he found an onion in one once.......sighhhhhh.  So needless to say, he was NOT "feelin" the whole dumplin thing.  And the scrapper in me had the good sense to whip out the camera......lol.  My fave is the photo with him clutching his throat.......he said "I think I'm dying Mom!!"  
The pics are a couple of years old.....and obviously he did survive it and lived to eat many more dishes he can't stand........lol

The recipe is so easy that I don't even use one.......
a couple of lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
a couple of cans of chicken broth
depending on how many dumplins you want (I have to feed an army here) a few cans of CHEAP biscuts.  (get the cheapest you can find for this)

Dice up the chicken and boil in the broth........when its done chop up the biscuts and add them, make sure things are boiling so they get cooked.......and put the lid on and in about 5 mins they are done......then add a can of cream of chicken soup and stir it in and warm it up and its pretty much ready.

I also do the super duper from scratch version where you rolls your own dumplins and cook all day long........but sometimes you don't have that kinda time....and if you work and have kids you can get this on the table within an hour.  Even the hubby can do it........LOL.  For a quick dinner that tastes home made....seriously, this rocks.  And you can add some frozen veggies while you are cooking the chicken if you want....but my family hates veggies, cuz they are all weird.  

So there ya have it...........cmon and play along this week and link it up so we can all leave you some bloggy love!! 

Also a gentle reminder........the Saturday sketch is NOT part of the challenge!! You are not required to use it....but it's there if ya want to.   To be eligible to be in our top 3 or to win the RAK you MUST follow the general challenge guide lines.  

However if you do create an awesome page with the featured sketch of the week just leave a link to it in the comments section NOT Mr Linky and everyone can go see your amazing creation!  I hate being the bad guy but we have had some confusion and I thought I'd attemtp to clear it up! You don't HAVE to use the sketch but if you do and use our challenge criteria go ahead and use Mr Linky.......if not just leave a link in our comments section :):)  If  I am confusing you further feel free to ask.......lol.

Thanks for visiting today!!!
Tina

21 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

Love the look on his face. I should get the camera out more often duriong dinner, might get some cute shots like yours

Kelly Massman said...

too cute!

Stacia said...

This page is adorable!! And thanks so much for the practical scrappers shout out!! I love my page that is in the contest, but the rest of them are really great as well!! (I may need all the votes I can get) :)
~Stacia - LMDT

Michelle said...

OOH the joys of trying to feed picky children.. i only have this to look forward to :) Great job displaying his disgust! :)
Michelle LMDT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love those photos and that title! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Elizabeth said...

Oh geez, I remember my sister Karen sitting at the table for 5 HOURS because she wouldn't eat peas. Mom told her she couldn't get up until she ate two spoonfuls. Karen won the battle of the wills, lol! The things we do to our kids! lol Great story ! Thanks for sharing the easy way to make dumplings!

Elizabeth LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

glassgraffitix2 said...

Such a wonderful LO! The pix are adorable!

Kimberly said...

love the chef hat!!! great LO
Kimberly LMDT

Michele F. said...

Okay... so my kids are weird too. They don't eat anything that is Green, Red or Orange. Now Yellow is ok. They love CORN! Go figure! I love how you showcased this whole layout. It's such a great idea and a wonderful memory to share with his future wife. Ha ha.

artfuldelight said...

Oh the torture!! He looks very traumatized. I do however LOVE your LO. All the details. :-)

Stefanie said...

Thanks so much for visiting journalingjunkie and leaving me a comment. Saying that it looks like a paper LO means my shadows are really good and I take it as high praise indeed! Appreciate you taking the time and making the effort.

Lea said...

Oh these pictures are priceless! Love the little embellies you added. Great challenge!!

Julie said...

love the picture of him clutching his throat...too funny and this is how I make my dumplings ( with the biscuits) love this layout

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

The pictures are so cute and I love the way you used the bright squares too. I have a granddaughter that doesn't like to try things. Also the way you added the hat to his pic is adorable.

Amy said...

What a FUN layout!! I love your dumplin recipe -- Sounds like something my kiddos would enjoy... My son is now 20, and we just found out this past Christmas that he's been eating all sorts of foods that he never ever liked (without complaining) for YEARS!! I always said he was my non-picky eater... And then to find out that he'd just grin and bear it!! LOL... I guess I'm glad he never told me something I made for dinner was gonna make him die!! :) LOL... Too funny!!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Lasting Memories this week!! :)

Your Lasting Memories DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Karen Wilson said...

LOL!! LOVE this layout! My son is the same. He's now almost 16 and his tastes are changing, but not any easier! Many a night where I'm cooking 2 dinners just so he'll eat and veggies?? Forget about it!! NOT eatin' those!! He won't hardly even touch corn now!! So now when I make meatloaf, I put corn and VERY diced up veggies in there. Your layout made me smile bc I would do the same .. wait wait!! I need my camera!! Hold that pose! LOL!! Have a great day!

JULIANA said...

What a great layout! Those photos are precious!!! I can't imagine not liking chicken and dumplings though...that is one of my all time favorite things to eat!

karenw said...

Love it!! Henry is a picky eater also. He nearly died at preschool when they made vegetable soup. The teacher told me later he burst into tears and accused her of trying to poison him- not overly dramatic at all!!

some days it's fun being a parent...

(well ok, taking the photos is fun!!)
xx

Jennasa~findtimetocreate.blogspot.com said...

Cute layout. I love the pictures!
Jennasa

Alicia said...

What a great LO! My hubby was a very fussy eater as a child and as a teenager, but slowly bit by bit he improved and now eats almost everything! I loved the photos in your LO.
Alicia xx

Denise said...

So funny!!! Love your layout!!! There's nothing better than scrapping everyday funny stories. Clutching his throat....ha ha ha. What a mean mommy...not! Gorgeous layout girl :)