Sunday, January 15, 2012

LMCB #71 -New Years!!!

Hello my friends! It;s a brand new week, and of course that means a brand new challenge at Lasting Memories!!! I wanna thank everyone for playing along with the ":getting to know you" challenge!  It was a lot of fun for us to get to know a little more about those of you who play along every week! Lots of fun layouts :):) I have been under the weather so forgive me if I didn't make  stop at your blog to say hello and comment on your entries. I didn't wanna leave my germs behind and make you sick as well!! I'll do better this week :):)

Now, I do realize that the New Year ain't all that new anymore!! But that is this weeks theme at LMLC!! And we have a marvelous sponsor this week too, our very own Haven has so generously donated this awesome collection of scrappy goodies from Creative Memories!!! Isn't she just the bestest????? And OMGosh I love that banner paper!!!!
Be sure to stop by her blog and say hello and thank you!!!!

With the theme being New Years this is your chance to scrap those lampshade on the head photos I KNOW you have :):)  Maybe you and the kids have a little family friendly party, or maybe you ahng ougt with friends.  Or you can go another direction and scrap about your goals or resolutions for the year, Or maybe you are looking at a huge life change in 2012?  A new home or a new job? Scrap your feelings on it!  Scrap your "one little word", those have been so popular this year!  I promise hyou this challenge isn't as difficult as you think!! C'mon!!! You can do it!!!!

And you might also notice we are changing a few things up at LMLC too!  You will see we now have a Saturday sketch.  It's not a requirement, just a little extra inspiration for you, feel free to combine it with the challenge if you like :):)  This time around we have an awesome sketch by Ashley Horton!!
As I said, it's not a requirement to play along!! Just a little ooomph in the mojo department if you need it :)

Here is my take on the challenge:):)

Can ya tell these little ribbony pennants are my latest obsession???
I choose to go with some of my crafty goals for the year.  Cuz me and traditional resolutions?? Well, we don't get along......lol.  I know these are hard to read because I did the layout in my own handwriting......YUCK!!  I am currently printer-less.....what an awful plight for a scrapper!!! Bob's computer died on him about a week ago and he bought a brand new one and the old printer isn't compatible with it OR my laptop.  All the more excuse for me to buy a cool new photo printer....hehehehehe!!!!   But my number one resolution is to get published this year!!  I have been fortunate enough to make it into Scrapbook News and Reviews but I am not stopping there!!! Also to use my stash.........no buying anything new (wahhhhhhh) except for plain cardstock and adhesive......those are necessities.  And this one is sooooo hard with all of the new CHA releases!!!!  But my birthday is next month so maybe someone will fins my wishlist and buy me something.....lol.   I have more up there but those are my biggies :):)

I used a buncha different things on this one......Basic Grey, MME, Jenni Bowlin, Bella Blvd, and some goodies from my stash...go me!!!

So........whatcha think??? Wanna play along with us?? Easyyyyyy peasy!!! Just create a layout with the New  Year theme and link it up before Sat Jan 21 at 9pm! And don't forget.......there is a CUTE RAK up for grabs with this one!!!  Hope to see your awesome pages!!!!

Tina

16 comments:

Michele F. said...

Well that is why I like you...we are both aquarians!! My b-day next month too. :-) Love those banner strips! And you gotta have your own hand writing... so much more meaningful! Great take on the challenge Tina! Love everything about it!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhh girl... I spy lots and lots and lots of PINK!! LOVE this!!!!! LOVING the pennants!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Haven_mom4 said...

So glad you did it in your own hand writting. Sometimes having that is the most important part, especailly if they are handwritten goals. Kind of makes them that much more real.

Michelle said...

I love those pennants!! I really need to try those! This whole page is super pretty!
Michelle LMDT

Stacia said...

I loved this layout when I saw it in our "photo" folder! What a great idea! I'm so glad I was finally able to come up with an idea on my own or I would have "stolen" this one :)
- Stacia ~LMDT

Karen Letchworth said...

This layout is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the bingo cards. Thanks for sharing it, and have a blessed week!
Karen

Lea said...

Great challenge. I'm going have to see if my BFF will send me our New Years Eve photos and play along. Love your layout, especially your ribbon pendants, a design element definitely worth scraplifting!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love it all!!! Love the title, the pennant, the colors, the flower, everything. Making layouts like this should definitely help you get published.

Amy said...

Oh, Tina, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love your little ribbon pennants (gonna be scraplifting that little tip!!)... How sweet!! :) I love how you incorporated the sketch too -- I think I wanna try that one now!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your Lasting Memories Talent!! :)

Your LMDT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I really love how this one came out. The little elements you used are just beautiful!

Karen Wilson said...

You know what I love most about this?? First off, those are realistic goals, but what I love most is that you wrote on it yourself. One thing I find so important on LO's is journaling and even better if it's in our own handwriting. Love your LO this week!! You've inspired me to add "get published" to my list of goals as well!!

Elizabeth said...

My most treasured mementos are my grandmother's handwritten notes. I think it is very important to include handwritten stuff in our scrapbooks because it adds authenticity for future generations.So no printer may have been a blessing. I just love the ribbon pennants!
Elizabeth LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

love your LO.... I don't know what you are talking about your hand writing is perfect!!!

glassgraffitix2 said...

Wonderful LO and your own handwriting makes it so special and your writing is great! (you should see mine!)

Julie said...

There is not a thing wrong with your handwriting, love those pennants. You know what else you are very sassy and I like that. I think we are going to get along just great!!

Scrappin Hard said...

I love this lo! YOu have inspired me to get mine out on paper!! Great colors and I love the hand written journalling. Amazing job!
I'm off to check out teh rest of your blog!