Friday, January 20, 2012

Today is my day at Practical Scrappers....Please vote!!!

Hola mi amigas!!!!

And that is the extent of my Spanish..........well, I can read the Taco Bell menu pretty well and sound like I know what I am doing....lol.

I never made it back to blogland last night........I know....BAD TINA!!!  I'm tellin ya, whatever this respiratory thing is I have it's kickin my rump. I do feel better, but I also get worn out very easily.  I had some running to do yesterday and afterwards I really just wanted to lay down and take a nap......not at all like me unless I am sick.....blah!!

Today my layout is up and anxiously awaiting your votes at Practical Scrappers!! Don't make me beg....cuz you know I will.  And I have a really long list of things that I would most definitely do for a Klondike bar so a little begging for some votes ain't nothin to me :)  

Have you seen the contest entries??? OMG....AMAZING!!! And I am still in shock I made the initial cut!!! Just click this linky poo and you will see my mug up there......my one little word layout :)
And Tina Phillips is my name......and really, if you don;t want to vote for me it's OK.....there is some serious talent in this contest and I'm sure you will find someone you deem worthy!!

And in the event that I advance to Round 2..........if you feel a tremor where you are it's not an earthquake....it's just me doing the happy dance.....lol.  But I have a round 2 layout ready IF I make the cut!! And I am dying to share it because I don't scrap girly very often......some of you may faint straight away from shock when you see all of the pink :):

I had to use it........HAD TO!!!  I won the stunning Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe and received it in the mail this week.  Fell instantly in love with it but was really stumped as to what to do with it, altho I was perfectly content to just look and drool every so often. But when we were asked to create a layhout in case we make it to the next round I thought, :why not!! I did resolve to step out of my scrappy box this year and I think I definitely done that here.  Every time I create a girly page I fall madly in love with it.  I guess it's because I have all boys.  So I borrowed my baby cousin's photos.....lol.  I have a ton of them printed off and ready to scrap!! She just turned a year old and she is just PRECIOUS!!!!  It's a good thing they live a few states away or I would absolutely spoil her rotten!!

So I chose this sketch...
And I had the cutest idea in my head for a boy page until I saw these Crate paper Goodies!!!
I loved the photo of little Neveah and wanted to make it more wintery so I edited it Picasa, here is the original and the edited version side by side....
CUTENESS!!!!!!!

And you can't see it well here, but I got ribbon happy with the beautiful ruffled pink ribbon that was included in the kit. I layered it between my circle and doily to create a scallop effect and then layered it again with the pink gingham ribbon at the bottom for some extra ruffly-ness.  I really wanted to hand stitch on thisx one but am not quite feeling up to all of that....but might go back and add it at some point in the future.  So I glued down some bakers twine around my distressed circle mat to finish it off a bit.
And I made the little tag too!!!
Lots of layering on this layout and I simply LOVE IT!!! I may have to start this kiddo her very own scrapbook just so I can enjoy doing these kinds of pages!  I'm sure her mom would love it!!!

So wish me luck getting into round 2!! :):)

I found a couple of places to link this to soooo......

The Joyful Stamper  Inspire me Fridays, anything goes
Alphabet Challenge Blog Y for You can choose, anything goes
Anything Goes Challenge Blog Anything goes
CropStop Challenge  A little Old For You, use vintage, distressed or shabby chic technique, I think my page is shabby chic :)
Do You Stack Up Patterned Paper
Pocket Full Of Pink Friday Frolic Link up
Scrapbookers Anonymous A to Z Alphabet Challegne....F is for, frilly and Flowers LOTS of flowers in the floral paper and actually adhered to the page.

Thanks for stopping in and spending a few minutes with me today! Hope you have a great weekend!! Tomorrow is date night with my sweetie....no kids!! WOOOOT!!!!

Hugs n Stuff!
Tina



21 comments:

Michele F. said...

Wow Tina! You always seem to amaze me! Both of these layouts are phenomenal!! Going to vote now!! Good luck to you!! :-)

Debbie P said...

That is amazing. The layout from the sketch is great! Love your version! I'll check our PS & vote. The photo editing you did is...Wow! It was adorable to start with, but the effect is great! Both layouts are super nice!

CropStop said...

Pretty in pink!!! :-) Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

WencheP said...

Gorgeous layout! Absolutely love it! So many wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Teresa Jaye said...

holy wowee! These lo's are amazing! The first one with the banner all the way across and so many layers - absolutely stunning. And, while you ARE gorgeous, girlfriend, that little Neveah is over the top gorgeous! I can't believe she's a year old already! The photo shopping you did is perfect, the papers are so pretty and the layout is amazing.
Vote for you? - hells yeah, baby!

Lydia said...

Tina....your post was really fun to read! I love your projects and your excitement over them. :) That sweet cheeks layout is just so cute! Glad you played along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous! Hope you get to go to round 2. :)

Steph said...

Wow, what stunning layouts you create! I just adore the papers you use and all the little details! What a beautiful baby! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

June Houck said...

This sweet baby has gorgeous eyes AND sweet cheeks. Your LO is amazing...I am so in awe.

Vicki said...

Fabulous LO! Love your attention to detail. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Fantastic layouts, especially like the ribbon effect you have created on the first one. Thank you for joining the Alphabet Challenge this week.

Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

Julie J said...

Love how you edited the photo. Thanks for joining the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous

Pauline said...

Gorgeous use of patterned paper with your wonderful layouts. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Scrappin Hard said...

Super awesome! Love the edit on the picture!! Great colors!

Tammy said...

Awesome layouts!! I love all of your fabulous details! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!
Tammy :)

Theresa said...

that is an adorable photo...love how you altered it.
I had to comment that your initial comments about knowing some spanish and reading the taco bell menu cracked me up. =)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Marcy said...

What an adorable baby! Your layout is fantastic! Good luck! Thank you for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

Lea said...

WOW! Amazing layouts! Love the pennants across the bottom of the first and the second one sure is frill with flowers and it's fabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

Rosie said...

Wowzers, your layout is absolutely AMAZING!! I'm speechless! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge. Hugs, Rosie

Lynnda Hosni said...

WOW... both layouts are simply beautiful!!! F for Fantabulous !!! You rocked...loving the photos too... thank you so much for playing along with us over at scrapbookers anonymous... hugs..xoxo

Eli said...

wonderful LO!!!!!!!!!!
the photo is super.
great use of "F" supplies.
Eli (Scrapbookers Anonymous)

Anne Pennington said...

These layouts are awesome - love what you did with the photo!! Thanks so much for playing aloong with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!