Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trash those layouts!!!! LMLC #73

Geeze I'm behind again!!! Been in bed all day with a migraine so hopefully that cuts me a little slack :)


This week we have another awesome challenge in store for you at Lasting Memories!! We are gonna trash those layouts!!! Nope, I don't mean throw them out!!! This week we are asking you to look around and use something you may otherwise consider trash.  Get creative with this one.......maybe you use junk mail or wrapping paper or even product packaging.  Once you start really looking at things around you , you will begin to see everything in a new light trust me! I know I drive my family nuts saving everything........product packaging, pringles cans.......lol.  You name it I try to use it in some fashion! So this week we want you to try you hand at it!!!

This week is another sponsored week so we have a GREAT giveaway to go along with this challenge from our very own Elizabeth!! She has a wonderful ETSY shop so please check her out!!!!  Look what she is generously offering one of our challenge entrants!! WOW!!!! Who doesn't love some Tim Holtz goodies!!!
For your sketchy inspiration, if you should choose to use it, we have an adorable sketch from Pagemaps.......I just LOVE this one!!!
For my layout I decided to get all girly again.....I'm actually having a lot of fun scrapping girl layouts!!  This is a photo of 2 of my cousins........aren't they just beautiful????? Can you spot my trash???
All of the papers are from Fancy Pants "Its the little things" I used a scalloped circle punch from fiskars to fill in the middle of my banner and added some blingatude :)
I love how that turned out!!  I did a little fussy cutting as well to some of the journal cards to create extra embellies for my layout
The lettering is Thickers from Dear Lizzie. And I used an entire pack of Prima flowers :) I love the pink and brown together and the gingham and the dots work really well with each other too!
So.....have you figured out what trashy element I used yet???? The prima packaging!!!! I fussy cut the doily pattern out of the plastic backing the flowers were adhered to.  NEVER overlook the packaging as an option for embellies....some is so pretty it just begs to be used and even the ones that aren't beautiful can be used as a photo mat or made into tags when covered with pretty scraps. They also make awesome bases for mini albums!!!!

I didn't use the wonderful sketch from Pagemaps for this layout.....I went with this one from Scrapville and am entering it in their monthly challenge as well

I am also sharing at these awesome blogs :)
Come and get It Challenges Anything but a card
Crafts and Me Pink and sparkly
Crazy for challenges Layer it on
Creative Inspirations Anything goes

Please join in and play along this week! As always you have til Saturday night to link em up!!

 Just a reminder - in order to qualify for our challenge/giveaway, you MUST follow our challenge!! You're welcome to incorporate the sketch WITH the challenge or if you'd like to just use the sketch, please do and leave us a comment so we can come and see what you did with it!!!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

This is soooo pretty tina!! I love all those gorgeous flowers and the papers you used, this is simply beautiful! :)
Michelle LMDT
Scrappinforkenzie.blogspot.com

Leslie McGhee said...

What a great page. i love the grey and the pink. Your cousin's look like princesses. Thanks for posting on Come and Get It Challenge blog this week.

Stacia said...

So pretty!!! I love it :)

Lea said...

This is beatuiful! Gorgeous flower, and now I couldn't find your trash! :)

Kelly Massman said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful papers and great color combo. Love the bling and flowers added to this.

Teresa Jaye said...

Beautiful layout! Love all the layers and the-whole-pack of flowers! What gorgeous princesses your cousins are!

Haven_mom4 said...

I love that you used packaging. I just did something similar this weekend

Kimberly said...

love that you used the package - i did that once by accident. I was misting some chipboards... and loved how it looked on the paper ended up using the package and not the pieces... go figure!! great LO

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the pink and gray. What cute girls and your layout is gorgeous. Love all the flowers and the little banner. Also that you used the packaging. Great idea!

glassgraffitix2 said...

Scrapbooking can be inexpensive and this came out so gorgeous! It's us that make it expensive!

Marie said...

This is way toooo pretty!! I love the colors, patterns, and embellies!

Karen said...

Oh your layout is beautiful, thanks so much for playing along at Crafts and me this week
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Michele F. said...

This is a WINNER layout! It is so inviting!! I would never guess that you used the packaging of the flowers for your doilies! sooo Smart! Wonderful and super pretty layout Tina! Good luck on your challenges. You are bound to win at least one of them if not all. :-)

Amy said...

Beautiful LO!! I love the color combo and all the lovely flowers!! I'm a package-saver for sure!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Lasting Memories this week!! :)

Your Lasting Memories DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great Page, and thanks for the inspiration. will have to take the sketch and try and use it soon. Thanks for playing at Come and Get It.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee that photo and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)