Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Artful Delight May LO Sketch

Schools out! Schools Out! Teachers let the monkeys out!!!

Am I the only one that remembers that chant from school? I'm showing my age huh? Well, yesterday was officially the last day of school for my kiddos........let the summer begin!!!  And can you believe that my 2 youngest were up at 7:30 this morning???? WHY?????? Geeze guys, it's summer!!! You are supposed to sleep in!!!  Leave it to my kids to be abnormal!!

I'm gonna try to keep this quick today.......I created a LO last night using the May sketch at Artful Delight! And I am so happy the rain held off long enough for me to get an outdoor shot of my layout! The sketch features one of my fave things.......grid based design!!!  I have so much fun turning these kinda sketches into my own :) 
And my take on it......I kinda veered off course because I couldn't find any photos I could chop down to a small square.....lol.  But I am really happy with how it turned out!!
My base paper is an oldie from Cosmo Cricket.  The clouds I fussy cut from a sheet of American Crafts, the rest of the patterned papers are Pink Paislee's Hometown Summer. I used a bunch of chipboard on this one....mosty of which hyou can't even see....all the squares are on chipboard to give it some oomph :)   The sun and ball are also from American Crafts as are the Thickers.....also chipboard.  Rest of the chipboard is from the same Pink Paislee collection as the DP's.  You can't really see it but I did spray it down with some yellow tattered angels mist, it's in the corners where it looks like green splatters of paint. And my chipboard banner is attached to bakers twine stapled to the layout.

The cute kid is, of course, my youngest Jesse.  Doesn't he look like a stinker here???

In addition to the monthly sketch challenge at Artful Delight I am playing along with. ScrapFIT Workout 68 Misting,  The Paper Girls Use your chipboard stash, and Paper Secrets where the challenge is to use 75 % Pink Paislee product.  I suck at math so I am hoping this qualifies....lol.

Thanks for visiting me today! I sure do enjoy your visits and comments :)
Tina


10 comments:

Michele said...

Well isn't this cute?? And you are right... looks like he has that look of mystery!!!

Julie said...

such a cute layout, and great job on the misitng. Thanks for working out with us over at ScrapFit

Christy said...

Awesome layout!! Hopefully I'll be back up and crafting asap I so miss catching up with my scrappy friends...like YOU! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the photo and that banner!! And I remember Alice Cooper's "School's Out for Summer"... does that count?? LOL!!

artfuldelight said...

Awesome LO!! That banner is super cute. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

Erica B. said...

Love this page! Thanks for joining in at Paper Girls Challenge blog!!

Karen B. said...

What a cool and creative take on the sketch challenge! You've got a handsome boy there. Thanks for playing along at Artful Delight!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such an adorable LO. Love the bold color and design!! Great way to use the mist, too!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Juliana said...

What a great layout! Love your take on the sketch since you didn't have photos to crop!!!

Amber S said...

Lovely layout! You might wanna come visit The Paper Girls newest post. Just sayin'! ;)