Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Boys rule!!!

And I ain't just saying that cuz I am the mom of five of em!! Ok, maybe I am!! 

I have been on a creative tear today!! I'm so excited to show you everything I have created but it is 10 pm as I type this and pitch dark outside.  So pix for a few of my projects will have to wait til tomorrow.  But I did get the Boy's Rule challenges checked off of my to do list today!!! This is the first time EVER that I have completed both of their monthly sketch challenges.  So i am ticjled about that....plus I scrapped more than one photo per layout!!! WOOOOT!! fdor those that don't know me, that is just not something I do a lot of.  But I had the right photos this time and the perfect sketches and decided I was gonna do it to it!!

If you aren't familiar with Boys Rule, Boys Rule is a kit club who creates scrapbook kits with masculine elements and products so you can easily scrapbook/craft for your boy subjects.  Yes I shamelessly ripped that right from their blog page.......sue me :)  But is't that a great idea???? I love the idea of a kit that is geared towards the boys in our life!!! It's easier now than it used to be to find cool boy goodies.  But I can remember when for boys your only option was pretty much babyish designs.  And even those were limited,

Anyway.......each month they post a couple of sketches and if you do both you are entered in for the monthly prize. And this this sketches rocked!!!! I always mean to do both, but y'all know how scatter brained I can be!!

So first up is the May 11th Sketch
And here is my take featuring my 16 year old playing rugby!  This was the first year for his HS to have a rugby team and they had a pretty lousy season in teams of wins and losses.  BUT they all learned a lot, learned the game and sportsmanship and all the boys are great kids!  They but out a GREAT effort and I just know that next year they are gonna be super!!! Jacob is number 5....which is why I have the five at the bottom of my layout :)
I dug out some older stash that I have had forever and it worked perfectly for this layout!! It;s from We R Memory Keepers.  I cut the 5 from one of the numbered papers....cover a chipboard circle with some Teresa Collins On The Edge.....a couple of stickers from Crate Paper Toy Box......and Thickers that I grunged up with a little black ink.

Next up is the May 25th sketch
And here is my take........
Again, this is Jacob and some shots of him playing rugby.  I added the black paper under the title to make pop a bit....and I used this little embellie from Theresa Collins On The Edge in place of journaling.
I'm also entering this one in The Secret Crafter's anything but a card challenge.

And that's it for tonight!! I have a couple more to share tomorrow!!! Have an awesome  night and an even better day tomorrow!!!  Hugs n stuff!!!

Tina



3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are awesome! LOVING the pics and the colors!!!

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Christy said...

These are sooo great!!! :)