Sunday, May 20, 2012

LMLC #89 Celebrate The Mothers Or Other Special Women In You Life!

Helloooo and welcome to another awesome challenge from LM!! I gotta tell ya.......I LOVED all the entries from last weeks "Something Fishy" Challenge!! Y'all are a pretty creative bunch ya know!!!  If ya get a moment, drop by the blog and check out our top 3 and see who the the big winner is!! It wasn't an easy feat to choose either!!

This week we have another one that I hope brings LOTS of entries!! And we have a SUPER prize this week donated by our own Elizabeth ,she rocks!! and today is her birthday!!!!  Drop by her blog and scribble a quick birthday note to her!! So to celebrate her birthday being on the 20th of May......... and of course we all know she just turned 20 yrs old! (go with it.....lol) She is giving away a $20 gift certificate to her online ETSY store A to Z Scrapping! WOOOT!!!! 

Even tho last weekend was Mother's Day (I think).......we are celebrating Moms this week....or some other special gal in your life! This is the perfect reason to scrap those mother's day photos!!! You can choose to scrap yourself and your kiddos......or maybe what you love about being a mom (I'm dealing with as lot of fighting and bickering between the guys today in my house so I need reminding....lol)......Maybe you have a special person in your life who was a second mom to you?  The possibilities are endless!!  After all....we are all moms, or have moms, or know a mom right? LOL

And as always....if you need a little mojo boost we have this adorable sketch from Ashley Horton!
It's not a requirement to join our challenge.....just there ifya need it or want to use it!

I was flipping thru my cousins Facebook the other day and came across this beautiful photo of her and her oldest daughter.....who by the way is ONLY 13!!! OMG if I had a 13 yr old girl THAT beautiful she would never ever leave the house! I thought it was a really sweet photo and I decided to use it for this challenge and give it to her......I have practically created a scrapbook for her.....lol.  When I wanna do girly, I stalk my friends facebooks......lol.
The journaling is incredibly hard to see in this photo......but it's a quote I found searching online that says "Mother's hold your their children's hands for a little while, but their hearts forever"

A closer look....which is still hard to view because they are kinda distressed looking alphas from Jillibean Soup.  I had the hardest time with these sticking so I had to clue them to cardstock and then cut out and clue to my layout.   Kinda tedious......it made what shoulda been a 30 minute layout take forever! The larger alphas are Jillibean Soup as well and are Chipboard....I had to glue them down too.....lol.
Those teeny heart stickers are from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush.  Which is really what I wanted to use for my paper as well but I couldn't find it....sooooooooooooo I went with Fancy Pant's "It's The Little Things"
The hear you see above is chipboard covered with one of the patterned papers.  I cut the saying from the papers and inked the edges and stuck them down and added a couple of cute Prima flowers :) I'm not sure where the butterflies came from....K & Co I think!! I left the little journal card down at the bottom blank in case she wanted to fill  it in herself.

I used this sketch from  Once Upon A Sketch.......and they have an added little twist to create a "Mom" themed layout. Worked out perfectly for me this week so I an joining in the fun over there! I deviated a bit from the sketch but not too drastically....I'll definitely keep it around and use it again in the future!! Oh...BTW....they are having a Design Team Call right now!!!! Check it out!!!
A few other challenges.....

Berry71 Bleu Pages: Use a "Mom" quote......I used one of them they had listed although I didn't know it until I came across this post yesterday..  Great minds think alike.....lol.

Crafts 4 Eternity: Wonderful wings! Add something with wings to your project :) I have Butterflies and Birdies :)

Childs Play  Are you My Mother? Inspiration from the story....mother and daughter



I hope y'all will join us at Lasting Memories this week as we celebrate the Moms in our life!! Looking forward to seeing LOTS of great creations!!!

Tina


32 comments:

Michele said...

FABULOUS Tina!! Love that quote! I need to frame it and enlarge it and put it my kiddo's bedrooms when they think I am being "mean" or they want something. :-) Very pretty layout! The doily and the playing card a awesome additions!

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Tina.. love the bright colours contrasting with the black and all your pretty elements!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at B71B:))

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS girl!! I loveeeeee that photo, the hearts and the butterflies!!!

Kimberly said...

what a beautiful picture... love your layout! love the layers you added to the layout

glassgraffitix2 said...

Tina, you got an A+. This is perfect!

Kim Sonksen said...

Great use of the chipboard. Thanks for joining us at SYC

Jasmine S said...

What a fabulous page and a great photo. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous layout..thank you so much for joining us on our first challenge of *Anything Goes* at The Happy Scrappers, hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz x

Martine said...

beautiful LO! love your cluster of embellies and the butterflies! glad you played along with us at Scrap Your Crap!

norine said...

Gorgeous layout!! So glad you joined us at SYC!

Julie said...

I just knew this was going to turn out beautiful...love the quote on this as well as everything else!!

Lesley said...

A great LO! I love the words! Thank you for taking part in the first Happy Scrappers challenge and we hope to see you again xx

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Hello my friend! So great to reconnect with you! What a gorgeous layout, I love the colors and all the beautiful elements you used. Made my heart sing to see your comment...big hugs to you!!
xoxo
Karyn

Amanda Aveiro said...

Thank you so much for playing along at b71b!! I absolutely love your layout! Great design and colors.

tiffany said...

great LO Tina, and I love how you combined so many challenges into one fabulous page!! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the gorgeous layout and the way you did that awesome quote. Love the way everything looks together. So sweet!

Natalie said...

This is such a gorgeous page
Thanks for playing along with Once Upon A Sketch
xxx

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous Tina!! I love that poem too, it's beautiful and so true. Love your "Mothers" title!!

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful LO and love all the pretty details!!! stunning page and great photo!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Child's Play!!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Beautiful picture and page. So many great details! Great take on the sketch too.

Haven_mom4 said...

Well worth the time and effort as it is beautiful

Berit Synnøve said...

Beautiful LO with beautiful picture and details.
Thanks for joining Crafts 4 Eternity this week, and good luck !
Hugs Berit

Jane said...

Fantastic LO
Thanks for joining in with the Happy Scrappers challenges
Jane x

michele said...

Fabulous layout Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Bente Fagerberg said...

Beautiful page!!
Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Georgia Heald said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =)

Marivic (Berry71Bleu) said...

You are right and they are both gorgeous!

It is a beautiful page...Thank you for playing along this month at berry71bleu..

Mitra Pratt said...

Love that cluster of the heart and flower, delish! Great use of alphas for the quote! Sweet photo! I agree, her daughter is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

Karen Wilson said...

I'm back!! LOL! I see you joined us at Child's Play with this one!! I love the sentiment, as I said before and your title. That photo is beautiful too. Thanks for playing along at Child's PLay!

Channa said...

Gorgeous page!! thank you for joining us at B71B, Channa

Channa said...

This is such a lovely layout!Excellent use of chipboard. Thank you so much for joining us at SYC! Channa
PS: Just saw that you also entered it for this challenge.

Nitasha said...

Beautiful layout and photos! Thanks so much for joining us at SYC!