Sunday, May 27, 2012

LMLC # 90 Leaving Footprints Behind

Hello and a happy day before Memorial Day!!!  I hope you all enjoy your day off, beautiful weather, good food and time with friends and family! But let's not loose sight of why we celebrate Memorial Day and take a moment to pause and remember those who died for our country and honor their memory and to say a prayer for those who are still out there fighting for our freedoms.  God Bless our military and the families who are left behind!!

Before I tell you about this weeks super fun challenge at Lasting Memories I wanna let ya know that the top three and the winner is up on our blog so check it out to see if it was you, and if not, just grin and congratulate the winners and get ready to rock the socks off of this weeks challenge!!
Leaving Footprints Behind!! 

All you have to do is incorporate footprints on your layout somewhere....easy peasy!!! I don't really condone stomping on your layout, altho I have certainly been in a place where it wasn't coming together the way I wanted and felt like doing that very thing!!  But if ya gotta walk thru paint to do this one go for it......lol. A perfect excuse to get all messy right??

Our challenge this week is sponsored by Digi Darla's!

She graciously supplied our team this week with some super cute images to use and some of them will be featuring them on their projects, so you will really wanna check out our DT roundup tomorrow!!! The winner of this weeks challenge will get their choice of FIVE free images from her shop!!! And if you were unaware, she has a challenge blog as well.  So check em out!! Especially you card makers that love to play with the digi stamps :)

Unfortunately I didn't get to play along with the digital images this week as I already had my page made before I realized what was going on......lol.  But in the spirit of it all I did do a digi page :)   And let me  go ahead and add that it is not retired that you use a digital image, but should you choose to do so, you are more than welcome to do so! And the same goes for our inspirational sketch this week...... it's not a requirement!! But if ya love it go ahead and snag it and create to your hearts content!! And it is a CUTE sketch!!!
It's from Pagemaps and it seriously rocks!!

Here is my take on the challenge.....
I went bright and bold for summer :)  Those little piggies belong to Jesse....and actually I am amazed they are as clean as they are cuz this kid is famous for his stinky little feet!! I guess the smaller they are the more concentrated the odor......lol.  I'm pretty sure it's a boy thing.......5 boys in the house so you know I know a thing or 2 about stinky boy feet!! And other gross things that no human should ever be exposed to except for on an episode of Fear Factor!!

The kit is a cute little thing from Studio Cappuccino called Summer Party.

I hope you will join us this week and show us your footprints!!!

Hugs and have a GREAT Memorial Day!! We are doing the cookout thing and I'm doing some prep work today on the food that doesn't need to be grilled.......just a simple little gathering of just us....but that IS 7 people.....lol.  There is also a huge celebration going on at the park and I may take the boys to that tomorrow as well.  Chances are good that I will be annoying you to death with photos over the next few days.....lol. 
Tina

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Tina your intro rocked!!!! love your bright and fun summer footsie page... too cute - Happy Memorial day to my American friends!

Kelly Massman said...

your layout is hilarious and cute!

Haven_mom4 said...

dirty feet are the norm in my house too. My son just can't keep his shoes on. Love all the bright colors

Elizabeth said...

Tina, this is awesome! Love the bright colors:)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Beautiful colors and design. Love the title.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! This is soooooooooo fun! LOVING the colors and that photo is so CUTE!!!!

Karen Wilson said...

Is this digital?? It's gorgeous! I love those little feet!! Gorgeous LO Tina!!

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

Oh I always love reading your stories.. 5 boys!? I can only imagine the nasties you have to witness ;) Great layout Tina, so bright and bold! :)

Michelle LMDT
Scrappin' For Kenzie

artfuldelight said...

WOW, I love this LO!! So bright and colorful!!