Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sharing a couple of cards and tackling a couple of challenges

Hello my sweet bloggie friends and HAPPY TUESDAY!!!

Seems it has been forever since I came around my blog just to "visit" with  y'all.  I am still trying to find my creative groove after my long posting "vacation" I have my head back into my DT duties with Lasting Memories (Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those ladies!!!) and decided yesterday that I would do a little bit of "for me" crafting.  I tell ya, when your mojo is low there is no better anecdote than to make a quick card! I dunno what it is.....but it always makes me a better scrapper! Sooooooooooo today I am showing off a couple of .........yup!! You got it! A couple of cards! Three to be exact......one's a miss, one's a hit, the other I am undecided about.....lol.  But all 3 of these babies came together in a total of 30 mins....maybe less.  I have a ton of scraps I wanted to do something with and ....well........this is it :)

My first card I created with a couple of challenges in mind, but I'm also giving it to my baby boy Jesse :)  Today is the last day of school and he is so excited.....he called this one of his "5 Golden Moments" of the year.......lol.  They are having a little end of the year party and awards ceremony today.  He will be coming home with something....we just don't know what yet :)  So I am going to give this card to him for a job well done this year!! He's in 2nd grade and this year has been huge fore him!! He went from barely being able to read when he started this year, to reading several age appropriate chapter books a week!! That makes me sooo happy!! I'm a reader too and i love it when one of my kids show's an interest in picking up a book without pictures......lol.  Right now he is working on reading "The diary of a wimpy kid" series.  And later in the week we are going to the library to pick up a few books and sign up for the summer reading club.  I don't know if you have these where you live or not but they are a great incentive to get kids to read!!!! They read the required number of hours and as a reward they get a coupon booklet with free admissions to the zoo, county fair, free kids meals at local restaurants......lots of cool stuff!! And that gives us something FREE and FUN to do over the summer too!!!

So, for card one I used FTL #191 from Clean and Simple
And scraps from Crate Paper's Toy Box collection.  I just adore the papers in this one! Perfect for my style of scrapping :) I added chipboard beneath the "that a boy" sticker to give it some dimension....I can't find my pop dots......lol.
Here's a shot of the inside....kinda, sorta finsihed off to write a quick note to my boy!!!!
I'm also sharing this one over at The Sampler Kit Club.. The May card challenge is to create a card using numbers in the design.  They also have a layout challenge scrappers!!!! I'm going to try to take that one on as well :)

Next up is this sketch from OWH #121.
If you have never heard of Operation Write Home....let me tell ya, it is an AWESOME project!!!  They collect handmade made for our troops to be able to keep in touch with their families.  Think about it.....where a lot of them are....there is no Hallmark shop! And they love being able to have something special to send home.  You can find out more by visiting HERE.  It gives you a complete rundown of what they needs and what they can and can not accept.

My card, again using Crate Paper's Toy Box.......yes I plan to use every single scrap of this collection!!!!
Sharing this one with the good folks over at One Stitch At A Time and their Anything Goes Challenge.  I haven't played along with them in forever!!!

My third and final card for the day.......I used this sketch from Come and get it Challenges.
And I used some scraps from Fancy Pants .  A little on the bold side for my tastes......lol.  I think this one needs soemthing.......not sure what it is.  maybe a few tiny black buttons in the top corner......but I must remind you....I am NOT a card maker!!!!! I just dabble :)
I finished off the inside of this one as well.......now the inside part I like.,.....lol.

All in all not bad for 30 minutes of work I guess :)  I'm hoping to have sometime to get back into my creative zone now that school is out and things will slow down significantly!  So those of you who have emailed me to tell me you miss my babbling about the kids and my stories.....there's more to come I promise.  NEVER a dull moment with 5 boys!!!!

Enjoy your day! It's looking like rain here in East Tennessee today but the high is just 74!!! I'm gonna enjoy it cuz that 90 plus degree weather and 1000% percent humidity the south is so well known for will be  in full force before we know it!

Hugs!!
Tina

12 comments:

Hazel said...

I've enjoyed reading your post and seeing all three cards, well done. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Enjoy the school break. Hazel x

Judy McKay said...

I like how you did the Sketch especially the use of the card.
Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Meighan Wheller said...

Wow Tina you have been busy. Great use of the sketch, the inside of the card looks great too! Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenges. Regards Meighan

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Nice job with the sketch Tina, Yeah you could have added buttons to the top if you wish or some brads, anything really. It would still be following the sketch, it is there for a guideline, as long as you can see the sketch do make it your own. Thanks for joining us at Come and Get it.
Cindy

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these!! LOVING that dart board!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Your cards are super cute!

Jane said...

Love your choice of papers, sweet card.

happyscrapper said...

All your cards are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT,
and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine

Leslie McGhee said...

Very nice card. I like the different colour combo. Thanks so much for taking part in this week's Come and Get it Challenge.

CG said...

All these are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT for our Anything Goes challenge! Best, CG

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so many great cards. love all the different colors and designs. thanks for playing with us at the sampler. ~~~nancy

Holly* said...

amazing cards and in record time! thanks for participating in the sampler's challenge!