Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fancy Folds with LMLC!!

Happy Scrappy Sunday!! 
I am happy to report that since my last post out weather has indeed warmed up.....lol. It's GORGEOUS outside today so here in a few I'm gonna get out and catch some rays :)

We have another awesome challenge up this week.......if you played along last week check the homepage....someone I know made top 3!!!!!! WOOOT!! All of the creations were nothing short of amazing!! I mean that! Y'all are making picking out just 3 very difficult!!!  So....ready for something new? Drumroll please!!!!
This week we wanna see some fancy foldin!! Noooooo folding a road map back to its original shape isn't exactly what I had in mind.  Those people get Nobel Peace Prizes or something like that.  We are just a mere scrappy challenge blog :)

Y'all can do this!! I know you can!! Any kind of folding.....Ohhhhhh remember those fortune teller things from when we were kids? That you put on your index fingers and thumbs and had to count a certain number and name a color and lo and behold it told you your TRUE love????? Yeahhhhh!! Kinda like that, except....not.......lol..  Flowers, fans, pinwheels, that kinda thing :) Or I guess you could use one of those fortune teller things if you really wanted to.......

Anyway...before I get any further off track than I already am, let me just say that this week's challenge winner will win a neato surprise baggie full of scrappy dappy goodies from Karen.....Her son is celebrating his 16th birthday this week (EEEEK Mom, he will be bugging you for his license....RUN!!!!) and in honor of that she has donated the surprise package.  Does she rock or what?????
Actual prize may not look exactly like this photo.......just sayin :)

And as always if you need a little push to getcha goin we have this fabby sketch you can tinker with
Just a reminder , the use of this sketch isn't a requirement to play along.  It's just there if ya need it....sometimes we all do better with a sketch and then veer off on our own :)

For my layout this week I broke into my new package of MME goodies Sunny Day........LOVEEEEEEEE this collection and it really made this layout for me.  I just got to a point where I wanted to use all the yummy chipboard pieces on it but i was strong and resisted :)  The photos are my now 7 year old son from wayyyyyyy back when he was 3.  Why do they have to grow up??????  And my fold will be pretty obvious when you see the balloons :)
Some of my elements are a little hared to see.......it was so sunny outside when I took the photo.  

I used the fan fold lollies for balloons.  They were the strips that cam directly from trimming the other papers for this layout.  This collection is so amazing I can't even bare to waste a single scrap.  There are a couple of pinwheels but they are MME brads......twine is just some stuff from my stash.

I hope you will join us this week at Lasting memories and show us your creative use of folding techniques!!!

Also sharing at :
Raise The Bar : Summer theme
Show Us Your Stuff Sofies Corner Challenge, more than one photo
Totally Papercrafts: Folds, folds and more folds!

Thanks for stopping by and spending a couple of minutes with me today...I sure appreciate it!!
Hugs n Stuff!!
Tina

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee your lo!! ADORABLE pics and loving the colors and the rosettes!!!

Christy said...

Awesomeness!!!

Elizabeth said...

Awesome! Your flowers are perfect:)This is adorable!

Kelly Massman said...

how darling! Love the way you placed your accordians on the page... cute!

Michele said...

Awwwww... love your fan-fold flowers that are BALLOONS! Such an awesome idea!! Kids are so cute when they are younger. They are cute now too... but there is just something about kids under the age of 4! Sniff Sniff!!

Kimberly said...

love it! so bright and the fan folds are great!!!

karenw said...

Yay!! very excited at being top 3, loved all the girls coming to visit my blog as well, lovley bunch you have there!!
I am loving your folds girly (and I mean that in the nicest possibly way....). have to give this one a go I think. xxx

glassgraffitix2 said...

Your fan folds came out perfect on your FAB LO!
PS Love the chevron paper!

Stressed Stamper said...

Love the flowers
Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
Sarah

Haven_mom4 said...

Love the summer feel. Just what I needed today as it's raining again. I want warm and playful like your layout.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love the chevron paper with the rosette flowers. Adorable.

Julie said...

so love the papers you picked for this and all that paper folding you did is awesome! Love it girly!!

Karen Wilson said...

More pinwheels! Love it! Love what you did with them to. What a fun LO!!

Sophie K said...

Thanks for playing along at Sophie's Corner, Tina! Love the summery, fresh vibe! Soph xx

TheGirlWhohadAScrappingAddiction said...

That is just gorgeous!!!! I love it! Thanks for playing along!