Friday, June 1, 2012

Finally Friday!!!!

Hello from COLD East Tennessee??????? 
Not a typo folks.....we hav e went from 90 degree sweltering heat and humidity to something like 50 degrees in less than 48 hours.  Ok....not exactly frigid, parka and down blanket weather. But for a southern girl this time of year this is major news!! We have our windows open, because of course it's took chilly for the A/C but without the A/C it gets hot and stuff in here.....never ending , vicious cycle.....lol.  And yeah, in the meantime I am decked out in my sweats and everyone is acting like I have lost my marbles.  I am not made for cold or even chilly weather!!! You all have permission to remind me of this in August when I am melting and complaining....lol.

Had a fairly productive day today.  Got some laundry knocked out right as my teenager sons decided to clean their rooms.....now it looks like I have done nothing all day.....Got into a fight with Bob because he got upset with Jesse for spraying him on the butt with his super soaker......lol.  He was headed to the bank and to pick up a few things I needed from the store and Jesse was gonna tag along.  He made Jesse come back in and I was shocked that he was really angry.  After all the whole thing started because HE opened the patio door to spray one of the older boys....yeah...BOB!!! And Jesse being 7 years old thinks "Cool....its super soaker time!!!"   When Bob got back home I was like "really????? you are seriously mad?????" And then we fought......lol.  He's a bit grumpy today apparently......lol.  I called him a big baby and then he stomped off to our room..........see what I put up with? I have 6 little boys in this house NOT five!!!!

Somewhere in the midst of all of that I managed to do some creating.......lol.  I finished a DT project that I just adore, but I can't show ya til Sunday.  But I can show ya what I did today while playing around with Frosted Designs Tuesday  Sketch!   It seems like it's been a while since I have played along with them.....I love their challenges!!! And the girls over there are super nice too :)  Here is the sketch I worked with.....
As soon as I saw that banner I knew I was gonna jump on this sketch. And I having been playing with my new MME goodies too,  "On The Sunny Side"  LOVEEEEEE this collection!! So bright and fun and exactly my style!!  I changed up the sketch just a teeny bit but it is still fairly recognizable I think.
It's a lot brighter in person than it is showing on the screen.  That extreme closeup  is of my baby boy Jesse when he lost his first tooth......he's quite the ham and full of personality! Seriously, this kid makes me look like a wall flower......lol.  Everything here is from MME with the exception of the twine, ribbon and my alphas.  I used these fun yellow thickers for the title and did the journaling in Cosmo Cricket tiny type.

In addition to playing along with the super gals at Frosted Designs I'm also joining these wonderful challegnes :)

Clear it out Challenge conBRADulations!! I used a few brads from my stash to hold the banner and the pinwheel has one stuck thru the middle to give it interest....the layout celebrates Jesse losing his first tooth!!

 Crafts and Me Challenge Add a ribbon. It doesn't show ell here but it is crocheted ribbon
 

And finally Scrapville' sJune Scrapburst 2........bunting and a tree......the paper directly under Jesse's photo has tiny trees in the neighborhood :)  If it's too obscure or too tiny to see I can do another layout....not a problem!

So there ya have it!!  Thank  you so much for peeking in and listening to my rambling tonight......it keps me from talking to myself......well, at least talking to myself as much! LOL.  I may have another project or two to share tomorrow ....I noticed some awesome card challenges tonight while blog hopping......I have a father's day card to make, cards for 2 of my kiddos birthdays this month....they are just 4 days apart!! And let's see, an ex SIL and an ex MIL......I'd better get hopping! Toinght is perfect for sipping hot chocolate and crafting!!

Enjoy your weekend!!
Hugs!!!
Tina

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

It was 113 here today... can you send some of that cold here??? :) I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that photo!! Toooooooooo cute!!!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

what an adorable take on our sketch, love the photo and the soft colors, very nice, thanks for sharing with us at frosted designs!

Andrea Fogleman said...

Your photo is so cute! Love your take on the sketch and the banner is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us over at Frosted Designs for our latest sketch challenge.

Ali said...

Oh I just love this!! A stunning layout for a beautiful photo :0) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs...ps we think you're pretty nice too ;0)

artfuldelight said...

I know exactly what you mean about the cold. Here in Virginia I was able to turn the air off yesterday, I should have turned it off on Friday but I was in denial that the weather was turning cold again. I was convinced at any moment it would be 90 degrees again and it would take forever to cool the house again. LOL!!

Your LO is adorable and that photo....too cute!!!

Tenny Kusuma said...

Gorgeous and stunningly beautiful layout. LOVE it!!! Thank you so much for playing along with Frosted Designs Layout Sketch Challenge. :D Tenny