Sunday, June 24, 2012

Frosted Designs Card Sketch 21

Thought I'd drop back in while I am doing laundry to share a card I made a few days ago. And yes I AM always doing laundry!!! Seven people under one roof......my job is never done!!  

Frosted Designs had the cutest card sketch up......you can check it out and play along HERE.  I tend to shy away from card sketches unless I really like them and I think they are easy enough for me to tackle.  Oddly enough, as a scrapper you would think card making would be second nature to me.  It's a great way to use up scraps from layouts but usually I am pretty intimidated.  I feel like my creations look like a first grader put them together compared to some of the beautiful cards I see with copic coloring and stitching......I'm still learning :)

Here is the sketch.....
I stayed pretty true to the sketch......and used some scraps from My Minds Eye "Sunny Day" collection.. It's so bright and fun and has such awesome diecuts included with the collection.  I had plenty left over after layouts so they are just perfect for cards! And to me these colors just scream summer :)
The sentiment on the diecut is kinda hard to read since it is in very light blue and white.  But right under the bicycle it says "Enjoy The Ride" I just added the "Hi" in thickers and thought this might be a cute card to send someone "just because"  The red trimk is actually a velvet ribbon that was RAK'd to me some time last year but I can't remember exactly who from.......but I have used it a LOT!! So whoever you are....Thank you!!!! :)

All in all not a bad effort from a non card maker :)  I have been on a real streak with using up my scraps and stash.  So you will be seeing more cards from me I'm sure! And this line is so cute I couldn't NOT use the scraps up!!  Since this feels so summery to me I have a few other challenges I am playing along with today........to the challenge blog owners....feel free to tell me if it doesn't meet challenge requirements.  I realize that just because this feels summery to me other's may not see it like I do.  We all know my mind is a lil "off" anyway......lol;

Thanks for looking and visiting with me today!! And don't forget, the new challenge for Lasting memories went up today AND the list of blog hop winners is up as well! Check the main blog and the individual blogs to see if you were a winner.  Mine went up late but is posted now:)

Hugs!
Tina

My card is being entered in the following challenges......supporft these awesome blogs by visiting them and joining in the challenges!!!

1.Delightful Challenges: Anything Goes
2. Just Us Girls: Inspiration challenge....took inspiration from this photo
3.Alphabet Challenge Blog Journey....the bicycle can take you on a journey ...enjoy the ride :)
4. Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Around the world Travel
5. Card Cupids Summer Fun
6. Crafting When We Can Summer Fun
7. Pixie Dust Paperie Summer Days



17 comments:

happyscrapper said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and the bike!!!

Lynn said...

Fabulous! I love how you interpreted the inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Karen said...

Hi Tina,
Bike riding is a perfect Summer fun thing to do. Beautiful layout design, and color combination. Thanks for joining us at Card Cupids. Hope to see you again!

~julee~ said...

I love this little bike card! :)

Stampalicious said...

Very cute, love the bike, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting When We Can, hugs, martina

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is sweet, thanks for playing along with Pixie!

happyglitzygirl said...

Lovely card, thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Tina: Beautiful Card--Glad you could join us at Card Cupids for our SUMMER FUN Challenge.

Diane
CardCupidsDesignTeamMember
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

Glad you decided to join our sketch challenge!! Don't be intimated.. Your card is super cute and colourful and as you said such a good way to use your scraps!!! I usually make a card before I pack up from a LO (less to clean up lol)
Thanks for sharing with us a frosted designs xx

Gina Lindsay said...

For a non card maker, you make really nice cards!! this one is adorable and I love the summer feel to it.

Cazro said...

So cute and very pretty papers. Well done. Many thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges for letter J. Caz

Ros Crawford said...

Ah yes Summer bike rides ... so lovely ... thanks so much for playing at Pixie ...

Stampalicious said...

this is very cute, love the bike, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

Karen said...

Hi Tina,
You are our winner at Card Cupids!
Email me kjseifert@comcast.net
Congratulations and thank you for playing!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh this card is so adorable - the colors are amazing - awesome job!
Congrats on being the winner at Frosted Designs!

Waseem said...

like the design and all the info..these are cute and beautiful..thanks for sharing with us.Gift Card envelopes.