Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm meltingggggggg!!

Ok, I may be exaggerating just a teeny bit.....but it is super HAWT today!!! I went out for all of about 5 minutes to photograph my projects and then hurried right back inside!  I'm dealing with side effects from medication that make me heat sensitive along with those annoying hormonal changes.....we had the A/C on about 70 AND the fan going in our room.  I woke up sweating and looked over at Bob, poor guy was wrapped in a quilt....lol.  I went thru this when I was pregnant with Jesse too....but I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!! And yes I am sure!!!! lol

Aside from all this sweating I have done a lotta nothing today.  I spent the day yesterday cleaning....I guess I peaked then.....lol.  And I feel a headache coming on so I thought I'd get this posted and tazke something and go lay down....under the fan......lol.

I didn't get around to posting this little card last night......super simple and a great stash busting project.  Gotta love those!! Actually both the card and the layout I am about to share are stash busters.  

The card is a pretty clean and simple one, and I stamped!!! Well, sorta....I stamped the sentiment on.....lol.  I'm trying to get into using my stamps more, honest!!!  In my cleaning and going thru things I have come across so many that I have never used.  Why? Who knows??? 

Anywayyyy.......all I did here was pull out a few strips of Echo Park paper and that's about it.....
But I think it still turned out kinda cute....and trust me......I am NOT one of those "natural" card-makers....I gotta work at it.....lol.  I think it's cuz the canvas is so small.....lol.  I added the glittery star, which is from Pebbles, and the little flags are simply a couple of toothpicks stuck behind the star with a strip of paper trimmed down into a pennant.  The stamp is from Inkadinkadoo I think :)

See? A really quick and easy card and easy to do in bulk and keep in hand to give someone "just because".  People still that right? :)

I'm playing along with the following challenges..
1.Crafts and Me Anything goes.....well, I think this is anything....lol.
2. Paper Playtime: Anything goes
3. Creatalicious: Anything goes (do you sense a theme here? lol)

Next is a layout I did for Bird Is The Word.  I LOVE their challenges!!  The word for second challenge of the month (I haven't even done the first one yet!!!) Is Color(s).  So my mind immediately thought of the song "True Colors".  I relate everything to song in one way or another....I think it comes from my former life as a disc jockey.....lol.

When Jesse was smaller he would beg me to take a picture of him, smile all cugte and then stick his tongue out when i snapped the photo.  Nice huh?  I can't tell you how many photo I have like that.....lol.  I just go with it......one day I will miss that :)  I think he was about 3 here.
Another super simple project that took very little time to put together.  I spent more time digging for things then doing the layout.  I used strips from Bella Blvd's Mr Boy. (is that the name of it??) My CRS is in high gear today......lol.  The red base is Bazzill, I also used some of the stickers from Bella, and the truck and title  alphas came  from Echo parks Little Boy......it's amazing the stuff hyou come across when you start purging.....lol. The twine is just some stuff from my stash..
On the Boy Traits sticker I backed it with some chipboard to make it pop and checked the traits that apply to Jesse :)
And had a little fun with the title :)

I love how the whole thing turned out altho I have to confess it was really hard for me to throw on every sticker I found.....lol.  I wanted to keep it uncluttered, for the most part :)

In addition to Bird is The Word ,I am playing along with the following awesome challenges:

1: Simon Says Stamp Anything but a card
2.  Creative Belli Anything but a card

I thank you so much for visiting with me today! Don't forget....the Lasting Memories blog hop is open for comments ALL WEEK! So there is still time to leave a comment HERE for a chance at a GREAT BIG mystery package from me......and I'm serious.....it's getting bigger every day!  So if you are here anyway you may as well pop over there as well ya know......I'm not twisting any arms to make you become followers....this ain't the Hotel California......lol.   However if you enjoy my babble I'd love for you to follow!! Just don't think ya gotta.....just make sure you leave me an email address to contact you if your name is drawn okie dokie??

Have a good un and keep cool!!!
Hugs n stuff!
Tina

14 comments:

karenw said...

We had the coldest night here in 5 yewars, so come on over, I'll swap temps for a while...

Love Jesse's photo - Meaghan does the same poses now - hmm teen girls and young boys, about the same mentality??

You know we love your babbles BTW xxx

Kelly Massman said...

cute card and totally great layout!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe... you would die here.... today 112 -- it's like that from May till ohhhhhhhhh November here... ugh... I hate it!!!

I love love love your card and loveeeeeeeee the lo... that title is soooooooo fun!!

Sharon said...

Fantastic card!!! Nothing wrong with easy and simple. Looks fabulous!! Love the strips of paper down the side, the star and those great toothpick pennants! The sentiment is great! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!!
Love your layout, too! :)

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Just a great page all the details are great !!!
Thanks for playing with us in the BITW!!!
Big huges and kisses from Brazil
Cynthia

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Everything is awesome! Fabulous work!!

We are melting here too! Better than winter and snow though!! ;) Stay cool!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Karen Wilson said...

Love your card Tina! It's been super hot here too, omg. Not used to the humidity we're having. Love your LO too!!

Marília Lopes said...

Beautiful work!!
Thanks for playing with us in the BITW!!!

Keren Tamir said...

great projects!!! I'm a follower now and would love for you to visit my blog

http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca/

Keren Tamir said...

oh yeah and thanks for joining us at BITW

Linda said...

Love your focus om this LO! Thx for joining us at BITW :)

Torill said...

So great your page is! Love the colors and the cars!!!
Thank you for joining us at BITW!!!

crafty amy said...

I LOVE both of these and they are both really cute :D Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.
Hugs

Amy xx

Georgia Heald said...

Such a bright fun page and just love that cheeky photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at BITW =)