Sunday, June 24, 2012

LMLC Let's Get Sketchy!! And Blog Hop Candy Winner!

Hello my crafty friends!
I'm happy to report I am still alive! But IK am going on 4 days with a headache....UGH!! At least today it is manageable and I was able to get photos of my project for this weeks challenge AND get a video done for the drawing of my blog candy!!! Be kind please.......this is my first attempt at a video EVER!!!! And Jesse's as well.....lol.  He was my able assistant today :) Watch the video to see if you are the winner!!!  And because I had so much stuff to give away I decided to have 2 winners! BUT!! You will have to wait til the end of this blog post to see who lucky number 2 is :)

Yeah I know, I'm mean!!

And now my son's video debut.......at least he's cute!!! And he says I sound like Paula Deen.....LOL.
Congratulations!!!! I can throw Jesse into a "if it fits it ships" box if you would like :)  Trust me, I can make him fit!
Ok......we have a kinda sketchy challenge for ya this week.  
Not sketchy as in shady.......but a Sketch Challenge!!! I know y'all love those!! And this week we are being sponsored by Digi Darla! Winner of this weeks challenge will win 5 DD images! And they are SUPER CUTE!!!

Here's your sketch! Do with it what you will.......feel free to flip it, tip it, turn it, whatever ya gotta do! 
Here's my take on the sketch using Echo Park's So Happy Together.  I just ordered this on Thursday of last week and it came in the mail yesterday!!!! OMGosh I was so excited! I had been struggling with my layout for this sketch for 2 or 3 days actually.  Somewhere in that time frame Matt brought a stomach bug home from school and he and I both got it....of course since I am so special I have the addition of a migraine on top of it all.  FUN!  I was getting really frustrated and trashed what I had and re-did the entire thing with the new scrappy goodies!!
I added a little stitched flower and the burlap and fabric one to add a little texture to the layout.  You can't see it here but all of the stickers, with the exception of the title, are adhered to chipboard and then adhered to the layout.  I also glued down some twine...I wanted to stitch but really didn't feel up to it. So this is the lazy girls way.....lol.

The title is, of course, from a Skynyrd song......I have told the boys I want Freebird played at my funeral.....lol.  I love the lyrics and it kinda fits the way I live my life.  Change can be good, but I am not willing to sacrifice who I am or my beliefs and dreams for anyone.  Either love me as I am or go away.....lol. And yeah....that is my photo.....I rarely scrap myself.  But I did enough editing to this photo that I like it.....lol.

Soooooo.......cmon over and get sketchy with us.   These are always my favorite challenges because it's so fun to see how everyone interprets the sketch.

I am entering the following challenges from these awesome blogs!
Bird Is The Word: Change
Frosted Designs: Make your own Embellishments (the stitched flower and the burlap and fabric one)
Shopping Our Stash: Stuck on stickers (TONS of stickers here)
Pixie Dust Paperie- Summer Fun


Ok.....soooooo the winner Jesse drew from the bowl was  Glassgraffitixz2.  And we totally forgot about filming the second winner.....lol.  Told ya, we are new at this!!! So I drew the second name and it is
Karen W........I'll be contacting both of you ladies for addies so I can send ya your loot!!!

Thanks for visiting today! I will be back a bit later with a card i made days ago but haven't posted yet.....lol

Enjoy your Sunday!
Tina

17 comments:

Elizabeth Campau said...

Lovely page Tina. The embellies really add to the sketch:)

Kimberly said...

Tina... oh my is Jessie ever cute!!!! And I love your accent!!! oh yeah and wow... super page!!!!! you have got to make one of the big teams soon ;) - kimberly

Karen Wilson said...

OMGosh!!!!!!!!! HOW STINKIN' CUTE IS THIS!!!!!!!!!! Your boy is a DOLL!!!!! (congrats Denise!!)


Love your page this week and love how it's about YOU! Awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

He is sooooooooooooo cute!!! And I love love love love your voice!!!! And CONGRATS to the winners! Your lo is FAB!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!

glassgraffitix2 said...

Your LO is fantastic! Another A+! Thank- you again! Can't wait to get my stuff! Your son is so CUTE! So nice of you to include him! (I think it made him feel famous!)

Stacia said...

Love this layout Tina! It's fabulous!

Haven_mom4 said...

Wish I could see the video. SOmesort of error message that I can't figure out. I'll have to try again later. Totally love the layout and you are so right about loving you for you.

Teresa Jaye said...

oh that Jesse is TOO CUTE! (don't tell him I said that, tell him I said he is rad or something like that!) congrats to the winners!

I LOVE this layout !!!!!!!
The picture of you is gorgeous first of all, and the color palette and embellishments are so pretty. Thanks for sharing it at Frosted Designs - and for getting that song stuck in my head !!!!

Feel better girly!

Leslie Hanna said...

Great song! And yes, that is a TON of stickers. heh heh good job

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

The video is adorable! Love your layout! So many cute details and love the title from the song.

Michele said...

Now if that ain't a DJ voice?? Oh my gosh! I love your voice!! Your son is darn cute! Your layout is doubly awesome! Funny about the Free bird song.. sounds like my Hubby. There is also a song by Paul Rodgers (Former Bad Company) called Seagull! Another one of his choices for his funeral. Listen to it sometime... it's just as beautiful at Free Bird.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and fabulous, thanks for playing along with Pixie!

Rachael Funnell said...

Such a Delightful Layout!! that twine looks Superb....
THANKS So much for sharing this with US over @ BITW..

Carol Theng said...

pretty layout. love the flowers and the twine. thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

karenw said...

I can't believe I missed this earlier in the week, my blog hhopping has been pretty bad lately... Loved hearing your voice, so cool to link a voice to a picture - and Jesse is so very cute!! I will email you soon xx

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely LO ... such a cute little by there too! Many thanks for playing along at Pixie!

MARILYN said...

Fabulous page!!1 Thanks for playing at BITW!