Sunday, June 10, 2012

LMLC Sweatin To The Oldies!!

Helloooo everyone!! It's Sunday and you know what that means!!! Yup!! The start of a brand new week and that always means a brand new challenge at LMLC!!! I was super impressed with all of the wonderful entries we have for the fancy fold challenge! I bet some of ya'll can even refold a map!! That's my idea of fancy foldin.....lol. Most of you are a lot more creative than that tho! I had a blast visiting everyone's blog!! Be sure to check the site and congratulate our winner and top three for the week!

We have a super fun one for ya this week!  Sweatin To The Oldies....um, minus Richard Simmons......I think i'd probably have to hurt him.  I could Mayyyyyyyyyyyyybe deal with him for a very short time.  Then, well, I wouldn't be responsible for any harm that would come to Mr Simmons.......lol.

Seriously, this week we want you to think back and come up with an awesome summer song from the 50's, 60's or 70's and use it as the inspiration for your layout.  This is a great opportunity to scrap some of your summer fun!

And as always if you need a little kick in the pants we have an inspirational sketch for ya.  Not a requirement to play along.....but if you love it and want it........here it is!! An Ashley Horton Original :) Aren't her sketches awe4some????
For my layout I chose to scrap my little stinker Jesse, who is the subject of the majority of my layouts only because he is the biggest ham....lol. 
I chose the song Summer Time Blues......and to beat em, all you gotta do is add water :)  I dug out some of my EP Splash from last year and used the sketch below from Creative Scrappers .  For some reason things are kinda hard to see on my monitor, everything on the layout shows up MUCH better in person.  It's really bright and fun! I aso added some Thickers in addition to the Splash Alpha and some fun little bits and pieces from American Crafts. I am STILL on a scrap busting kick and hope I free up enough space to justify going on a scrappy shopping spree soon!
Stacia is back with us this week (Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Welcome back sweety!!!) And she is also donating this weeks winners loot!
I'm pretty sure I read that these are stamps!! Aren't they stunning?? I just love that big beauty in the right hand corner!!

So cmon and sshow us what ya got!! You have until Next Saturday night to link up! I just know this one is gonna have a great turnout! I can't wait to see whatcha got up your creative little sleeves!!

I'm also entering my layout in the following challenges:
1.Creative Scrappers sketch 211
2. Raise The Bar: Hello Summer!
3. Scrap FIT warmup # 28 Stickers (TONS of stickers on my layout)
4. Papercraft Star Here Comes Summer
5. Papertake Weekly Anything Goes!
7. Color Q the color palette in the photo below
8.  Use Your Stuff LONGGGG title
9.  Pile It on Lets get outdoors!
10.  Stuck On U Sketches Die Cut Challenge

I'll be back later tonight with some other projects to share if I'm not totally exhausted! I'm still recovering from a day at the lake yesterday with 5 kids and here in a couple of hours Jesse has a pool party to go to.  One of his classmates has a birthday today and Jesse is very excited to see his classmates again!

So catch ya on the flip side my crafty friends!!!
Hugs!
Tina


25 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Tina,
i just love the colors of this layout. It looks great on my computer:) And now I can't get that song out of my head!!!! It's going to be a long week of singing...I can hear it now, lol!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME!! LOVING that photo and loveeeeeeeeee the collection you used ... and the title is so fun!!! I loveeeeeee this weeks challenge... I think Richard S. is cool!!!

Haven_mom4 said...

We have lots of water around here. Setting up the pool so no summer time blues for us I hope. Super cute layout

Sylvia said...

Your page is fun, Tina! So nice of you to join us for the color challenge at the ColorQ!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This layout is definitely all about summer - love all the great summer elements you included. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

Jen said...

Fun layout. That says "summer" to me! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Kimberly said...

Tina... love those bright colours and the embellishments - wow... super cute

Tammy E. said...

What a great summer layout. Cool colors and title. Glad you could join us at SOUS.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fab Summer page. Love the Die Cuts for our challenge at SOUS!

glassgraffitix2 said...

What a terrific job you did with your LO and sketch! You get an A+ again. Your LO makes me want to go swimming!

Michele said...

I'm with ya on Richard! Maybe 5 minutes tops!! :-) Super cute layout! LOOOOVVVEEEEE all of the bright cheery colors... ohhhh and the stickers. I entered that challenge too with a layout that I am posting tomorrow. (Monday) I seriously have so many stickers and I think we need to bring them back into style. Fashion Trend return from the 90's. Ha!!

Ros said...

Beautiful page ... perfect for the challenge ... many thanks for playing at Papercraft Star

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful page! LOVE that arched element below your photograph and your papers and embellishments are just perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Sylvia said...

Love looking at this page again, Tina, what a wonderful tribute to summer! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "summer" challenge.

Katina said...

Fabulous summer LO Tina. Love the colours.

Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week.
xx

Kelly Massman said...

too cute!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a great song choice. I may have to scraplift this one. Love all the great papers and the bright colors. So many adorable details. Cute, cute, cute!

Missy Whidden said...

This is so awesome! Summertime pages are my favorite...I love all the bright & fun colors!! So glad you warmed up with us at ScrapFIT :)

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, what a fun LO!! Love your twist on the song title - absolutely perfect for this page!! Thanks for joining us for the Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Karen Wilson said...

OMG woman! You had me laughing out loud ALL BY MYSELF lol!! That's bad! LOL! You and Richard Simmons...LMBO!! I LOVE your LO this week! I had that same sticker pack as well. Love it!

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

Great use of the die cuts and obviously PERFECT
for any Summer challenge!
Super fun!
This is a favorite line of mine as well and I page I had
done I just entered in the local fair! =0)
So glad you shared this also w/ us at SOUS!
Glad to come by and get to see this!

~Leah

Tracey said...

What a fun layout of your son! Love the title and all the cute embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at SOUS:)

Lisa said...

What a fun and colorful layout! Thanks so much for joining us over at SOUS! :)

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Awesome layout!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!!
~DEANNE~

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the page you created for CS!